Network speed help wanted

Hello
    I'm looking for a server in USA with a good 100Mbit connection. I can't test the network connections as the connections to USA is not always the best from the available test servers.

So, I need some advice from you guys;-) Which company I shouldn't use when I want a 100 Mbit connection and which should I use? Oh, not the very expensive ones, just normal average prices.

To be more exactly: I'm looking for a dedicated server with at least a Quad core processor with support for virtualization, 8 GB of RAM and at least 500GB disk in RAID 1. I'm not looking for temporarily offers, because it is possible that I need more of those servers when I'm satisfied;-)

I know it sounds like spam, but here it goes.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/web-hosting-providers/

What kind of virtualization are you referring to exactly?

What kind of budget must it fit in?

FDCServers.Net

Are you looking for a shared/dedicated 100Mbps line or just a 100Mbps port?

So, I need some advice from you guys;-) Which company I shouldn't use when I want a 100 Mbit connection and which should I use? Oh, not the very expensive ones, just normal average prices.
    Can you please specify then which kind of the prices will be found by you as not expensive ones?

The maximum budget is$200/month, lower is better.

Quote Originally Posted by CoishAssociates View Post
    Are you looking for a shared/dedicated 100Mbps line or just a 100Mbps port?
    I'm looking for a 100Mbps port with at least 2-4TB traffic (more=better). When I have a shared 100Mbps port it is possible that I only have a few MB per second, I really need a server which can have a full 100Mbps connection. So I think it would be better to have a metered port.

Quote Originally Posted by CoishAssociates View Post
    What kind of virtualization are you referring to exactly?
    This will be XEN or OpenVZ, I'm not sure at the moment. Most of the modern CPU's do support virtualization software, but some older one don't.

Quote Originally Posted by alucasa View Post
    I know it sounds like spam, but here it goes.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/web-hosting-providers/
    I'm looking for experience from other people with one or more companies in USA. I need a good 100Mbps connection as I know that some hosters oversells their connection a lot and the transfer speed is terrible.

Take a look at www.10tb.com

A little more expensive than most, but on an excellent network with a 1Gbps port and 10TB bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by SeedBit View Post

A little more expensive than most, but on an excellent network with a 1Gbps port and 10TB bandwidth.
    I'm afraid they are to expensive. However I will contact them if they can make a custom plan.

I'm looking for a new location in USA and first I want to try the network speed from the server. When this is ok, I will install and configure the server to run as a VPS node for my company. What I need is a flexible company who can deliver us custom server configurations when their standard plans meets our requirements.

Oh, a 1 Gbps connection is also good.

Quote Originally Posted by SeedBit View Post

Quote Originally Posted by servicedb View Post
    I'm afraid they are to expensive. However I will contact them if they can make a custom plan.

I'm looking for a new location in USA and first I want to try the network speed from the server. When this is ok, I will install and configure the server to run as a VPS node for my company. What I need is a flexible company who can deliver us custom server configurations when their standard plans meets our requirements.

Oh, a 1 Gbps connection is also good.
    I call that cheap. You are getting quality hardware with a renown network and datacenter, how can you complain it is expensive, when many providers can't beat that price?

Well you can call it cheap, but it is expensive when you only use 2-4TB and pay much more for something you don't use. That is expensive, I have a company to run with a max budget.

Well you can call it cheap, but it is expensive when you only use 2-4TB and pay much more for something you don't use. That is expensive, I have a company to run with a max budget.
    It is already cheaper compared to other host giving only 2TB of bandwidth, if you are comparing an apple to apple, not a tower server with all desktop parts compared to them.

I have seen lower prices for 2TB, but I don't know what the real transfer speeds are;-)

I have seen lower prices for 2TB, but I don't know what the real transfer speeds are;-)
    Definitely you will see lower prices, but are the features comparable? I highly doubt so.

I know there are, but the only thing I want to know is which network has a good transfer rate. And when the network is ok, I may want to order a server there.

I'm not looking for the fastest server or something, only for a Quad core with 8GB RAM and at least 2X 500GB or 1 TB disk. And 2-4TB transfer.

Basically, if you want quality, you pay for it. There isn't a way around that logic. Of course, you can find cheaper offerings and of course you could find better deals, but you can spend your entire life trying to find the best deals out there and still not get the best deal.

Please don't notify me what to do about higher prices, I'm only asking for experiences with network connections from the companies who can offer me something in my budget. If you don't know one, please don't reply. I know what can happen when I order with a cheap company, but I'm looking for people with experience from those companies. Only reply when you know a company who offers a server with my requirements and when you know if it is good or not.