Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Originally posted by s.h.a.zz.y
    Since when did this thread become your network v.s. peer1? ... Jeez
    I agree. In addition to this, I think it is really wrong how competitors in this thread are totally trashing it. They are flat out competitors whether you guys want to admit it or not. I don't care if they are using these excuses about "i want to buy a server"

Am i the only one here that thinks that some of the things some of the competitors in this thread have said are ---> WRONG

I mean, a year or two ago, a competitor couldnt chime in another competitors thread like some people have in this thread and said the things they've said.....

WHT has changed.
      0 Not allowed!

have to agree there.
    investigating istn't wrong if your a competitor, but just till a point, where bashing is done by asking "questions"...
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.
      0 Not allowed!

Detroit Red, you are only somewhat right.

It is entire possible the other hosts in this thread would be interested in getting a server for backup DNS/email or even getting multiple servers and reselling them if these prices are better than what their cost at the moment.
      0 Not allowed!

i would have to disagree. asking questions is a valid way to establish credibility of what is being said. as the poster does not seem to have any credible answers to the questions posed, i think having posed them was of value to the community.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by energy
    Detroit Red, you are only somewhat right.

It is entire possible the other hosts in this thread would be interested in getting a server for backup DNS/email or even getting multiple servers and reselling them if these prices are better than what their cost at the moment.
    if you take a further look at the 'other hosts' in this thread, you will see that they have no real need to re-sell their competitors servers..

maybe dns/backup/email like you said, but i highly doubt they are looking to resell or anything like that. My personal opinion is they are trying to discredit the thread poster/company as much as possible, if anything.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Detroit Red
    maybe dns/backup/email like you said, but i highly doubt they are looking to resell or anything like that. My personal opinion is they are trying to discredit the thread poster/company as much as possible, if anything.
    let me put my cards on the table, perhaps then it will be easier for people to understand where im coming from:

i dont think this offer is legitimate. as such, i feel the community would benefit from establishing whether it is or is not beyond my personal opinion. this would also benefit us commercially - if the offer is not legitimate, we have nothing to worry about; if it is, we have to put out a line of budget offerings to compete.

as such, i posted several questions. the questions were questions that people would be well-advised to ask when considering *any* dedicated provider who does not have a track record. my knowledge of the industry and the specific circumstances involved allows me to pose good, specific questions. answering those questions in a verifiably truthful manner, with answers matching the claims that were made in the initial post would *provide more credibility* to the offer, while not answering them and/or lying would, naturally, smash any credibility the offer may have had by default.

as you can see, this works both ways. if i posted an offer, i would have no problems answering any of the questions i asked in this thread. in fact, i would welcome such questions, because they would give me a chance to flesh out the details of my offer and gain more credibility in the process.

if the OP would like, i would strongly encourage him to respond to legitimize his offer. if someone has a gripe with what i am doing, i suggest it be taken to PMs or email, though i certainly have no problem defending my actions publically either.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters
      0 Not allowed!

I totally agree with Paul here.

We (potential clients) welcome questions from Paul and other people who in the industry who are far more experienced & knowledgable than people like myself, who are green behind the year.

So, what's the word on the actual offer?
    I'm interested in a box in Toronto.
      0 Not allowed!

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>tracert 216.187.69.132

Tracing route to 216.187.69.132 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms . [192.168.2.1]
    2 13 ms * 12 ms 199.84.52.230
    3 12 ms * 12 ms 199.84.52.230
    4 13 ms 14 ms 14 ms aei-tor-gw.peer1.net [216.187.68.173]
    5 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms tor-fe3-4a.ne.peer1.net [216.187.68.246]
    6 17 ms 15 ms 14 ms 216.187.69.132

Trace complete.
      0 Not allowed!

Since my DSL provider is on the peer1 network, I think my traceroute doesn't really prove anything.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by rusko
    let me put my cards on the table, perhaps then it will be easier for people to understand where im coming from:

i dont think this offer is legitimate. as such, i feel the community would benefit from establishing whether it is or is not beyond my personal opinion. this would also benefit us commercially - if the offer is not legitimate, we have nothing to worry about; if it is, we have to put out a line of budget offerings to compete.

as such, i posted several questions. the questions were questions that people would be well-advised to ask when considering *any* dedicated provider who does not have a track record. my knowledge of the industry and the specific circumstances involved allows me to pose good, specific questions. answering those questions in a verifiably truthful manner, with answers matching the claims that were made in the initial post would *provide more credibility* to the offer, while not answering them and/or lying would, naturally, smash any credibility the offer may have had by default.

as you can see, this works both ways. if i posted an offer, i would have no problems answering any of the questions i asked in this thread. in fact, i would welcome such questions, because they would give me a chance to flesh out the details of my offer and gain more credibility in the process.

if the OP would like, i would strongly encourage him to respond to legitimize his offer. if someone has a gripe with what i am doing, i suggest it be taken to PMs or email, though i certainly have no problem defending my actions publically either.

paul
    okay, well i guess you have valid points. that's fine i guess. sorry if i sounded harsh

btw, i've emailed paul@rusko.us about a sales inquiry - ? did you get it? maybe it didn't go through. can you please confirm
      0 Not allowed!

i dont think this offer is legitimate
    I personally think this is none of our business nor it is in our ability to tell so. Let time tells whether this offer is valid or not.

cheers.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by FHDave
    I personally think this is none of our business nor it is in our ability to tell so. Let time tells whether this offer is valid or not.

cheers.
    I disagree, this is a community. We help each other out. What does that mean? It means we are not going to stand here, wait, and watch people get scammed, so we are trying to make sure that this isn't a scam.
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"
      0 Not allowed!

Revex Nation, if you would like to address the questions raised that have not been answered since February 2nd, please contact a CL to re-open the thread.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234