Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: control panel

control panel

which control panel for game serves is the best to use on linux?

Regards Terry
    trans-hosting.com. Total Linux and windows hosting solutions, vps, dedicated and collocation, Scripting service, Clustering service. operating since 1997 developers of hpanel and debiandoctor.com(for Linuxhowto)

Almost all GSP's use TCAdmin (sorry i can't post a link due to my under 5 post restrictions). When you get larger, like NFO or gameservers.com you can code your own control panel.

Currently their Linux version of TCAdmin is pretty stable, however i only use Windows for game servers, just because of the massive support of the newest games released on a windows platform.

Quote Originally Posted by powergsp View Post
    Linux version of TCAdmin
    I had a flick through their forums and it appears they have dropped the Linux offering completely.

They could not come up with a quality product and decided to focus exclusively on Windows

Quote Originally Posted by cAPTAIN^k View Post
    I had a flick through their forums and it appears they have dropped the Linux offering completely.

They could not come up with a quality product and decided to focus exclusively on Windows
    OMG your right! Wow, sorry i thought they still supported TCAdmin on a Linux platform.

Almost all GSP's use TCAdmin
    I dissagree with that. your find most proper, up market, quality service GSP use their own control panel.

theres another thread further down in this section on the forum that list the game control panels. there is only the right game control panel for your business plan and budget.

start small, grow big.

The big companies yes, like NFO, gameservers.com, and more two or three more.

However TCAdmin is now powering 46,871 game servers (as of march 2009). Quite a bit isn't it? I believe it goes to show that this panel (even though the cost is expensive) the one of the most reliable. Too bad they don't offer Linux support anymore.

Awesome thank you for your share, God Bless.

SwiftPanel.com is a new popular Linux game control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopinc View Post
    SwiftPanel.com is a new popular Linux game control panel.
    Swift Panel is one of the better Linux panels I have seen. Although reading through their forums I saw support is not very good and new features are not being released as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
    Swift Panel is one of the better Linux panels I have seen. Although reading through their forums I saw support is not very good and new features are not being released as promised.
    Swift Panel installs easily, looks amazing, but like the above says they arent releasing anything. You can customize the startup scripts and client options but the server monitor section is lacking function for most / almost all games.

Swift panel is very goo, but it is little bit expensive. They have many good features that work very well unlike other CPs

I wish TCAdmin would develop a control panel for Linux. I've yet to come across a decent Linux-based GSCP.

The next updates to SWIFT Panel look very good.

It is a shame they are taking so long to release it...

Quote Originally Posted by powergsp View Post
    The big companies yes, like NFO, gameservers.com, and more two or three more.

However TCAdmin is now powering 46,871 game servers (as of march 2009). Quite a bit isn't it? I believe it goes to show that this panel (even though the cost is expensive) the one of the most reliable. Too bad they don't offer Linux support anymore.
    46,871 game servers doesnt mean alot to be honest.... dont confuse game server with GSP two very different things.

doesnt mean they have 46,871 clients lol.

however yes its a very nice control panel not bashing it it anyway, I too have personally used it and yes its great for windows servers.

I've got a close on on swiftpanel have been tempted to try them out, and its not a case of there not releasing any updates its a case of they are really busy working on a billing module to co inside with there panel.

no I dont work for them or with them this is somthing that can be found out by actually reading there forums instead of quickly bashing the company.

unless being a client of theres how do you know what support is like? bare in mind im pretty sure they deal with ticket support better as remember online forum is not really suppose to be for support

Doesn't cPanel do a gaming addon/version?

anyone usd it? if so how was it?

sean

Quote Originally Posted by sean14592 View Post
    Doesn't cPanel do a gaming addon/version?

anyone usd it? if so how was it?

sean
    It looks like cPanel is having a open beta for their game server addon (cPGS).

http://cpgs.cpanel.net

cPanel GS

I have provided a few people with cPanel GS. They like it, but of course it was something that they had worked with in the past. I would say that more people use other control panels. Although I know some people that are very comfortable with cPanel. Therefore when running CS : S they absolutely prefer cPanel as it is easy to manage for them.

cPanel GS only supports;

TeamSpeak
    Savage: Battle for Newerth
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (ETPro and TrueCombat:Elite mods)
    Half Life Engine (Counter Strike and other mods)
    Half Life2 Engine (CS : S and other mods)
    Call of Duty (United Offensive mod)
    Battlefield 1942
    Battlefield Vietnam
    Battlefield 2
    Soldier of Fortune II
    America's Army
    Last edited by Machen - Coinhost; 03-31-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Accidentally created emoticons

It appears they have added some additional games per their site.

# TeamSpeak
    # Savage: Battle for Newerth
    # Unreal Tournament 2004
    # Unreal Tournament 3
    # Quake 3 Arena
    # Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (+ETPro and TrueCombat:Elite mods)
    # Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
    # Half Life Engine (+Counter Strike and other mods)
    # Half Life2 Engine (+CS: S and other mods)
    # Left 4 Dead
    # Call of Duty (+United Offensive mod)
    # Call of Duty 2
    # Call of Duty 4
    # Call of Duty: World at War
    # Battlefield 1942
    # Battlefield Vietnam
    # Battlefield 2
    # Battlefield 2142
    # Soldier of Fortune II
    # Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas MP
    # Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    # America's Army
    # Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

do you have to have cpanel install on the game server your setting up / editing?

wonder if this effects any performance....

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
    It appears they have added some additional games per their site.

# TeamSpeak
    # Savage: Battle for Newerth
    # Unreal Tournament 2004
    # Unreal Tournament 3
    # Quake 3 Arena
    # Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (+ETPro and TrueCombat:Elite mods)
    # Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
    # Half Life Engine (+Counter Strike and other mods)
    # Half Life2 Engine (+CS: S and other mods)
    # Left 4 Dead
    # Call of Duty (+United Offensive mod)
    # Call of Duty 2
    # Call of Duty 4
    # Call of Duty: World at War
    # Battlefield 1942
    # Battlefield Vietnam
    # Battlefield 2
    # Battlefield 2142
    # Soldier of Fortune II
    # Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas MP
    # Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    # America's Army
    # Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
    I appreciate the clarification!

As for your concern, Flumps, you will have to have cPanel/WHM installed to run cPanel GS.

I've used it, its very poor compared to panels like TCAdmin

Quote Originally Posted by Sc00by22 View Post
    I've used it, its very poor compared to panels like TCAdmin
    Which one is that that you used?

I am not that pleased with the cpanel one. It doesn't support many of the games I play. Swiftpanel is a pretty amazing game server panel, and is a great linux alternative to TCAdmin.

Swiftpanel sounds promising from what I've seen so far. CoreCP is another one. It's still in 'beta' stage but if you've been around long enough to know Luke it's probably worth the wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast