Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Yes and No.

Yes, good for serious clients.

No, good for abusers and possibly make your server blocked from spam list.
    For good ,cute ,honest or serious clients , why not we offer 100% money back guarantee on our terms and for abusers ,spammers ,zero% money back guarantee ? Issue is sometime these abusers and spammers only post reviews about your(webhost) services and experiences in WHT and google rather than good clients and then we have to justify every statements of thread starter .

so 100% money back for all type of clients ? I think NO for abusers and yes for good clients.
    Fastest . Reliable . Affordable Web Hosting by MNCHOST.COM

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers | Premium Bandwidth | New SSD-US Servers

Quote Originally Posted by MNCHOST - Chris View Post
    For good ,cute ,honest or serious clients , why not we offer 100% money back guarantee on our terms and for abusers ,spammers ,zero% money back guarantee ? Issue is sometime these abusers and spammers only post reviews about your(webhost) services and experiences in WHT and google rather than good clients and then we have to justify every statements of thread starter .

so 100% money back for all type of clients ? I think NO for abusers and yes for good clients.
    Abusers and spammers are far more likely to be using a stolen credit card, and this will get charged back to you plus fees. If we have to terminate someone we usually provide a refund because it's not worth the risk on our CC processor. So I see no reason to exclude them per-se, although your ToS should have as much "teeth" as possible, in reality you probably should act less aggressive because of fraud chargebacks.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    Abusers and spammers are far more likely to be using a stolen credit card, and this will get charged back to you plus fees.
    yeah ,agree with your point (in this case )
    Last edited by MNCHOST - Chris; 06-07-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    Fastest . Reliable . Affordable Web Hosting by MNCHOST.COM

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers | Premium Bandwidth | New SSD-US Servers

I hope it is worth to provide 30 days money back guarantee which will help the customers to build trust on your services.

I suppose another question I should ask is:

Is 15 days long enough to trial web hosting or should companies really offer the full 30?

Quote Originally Posted by W1H-Lee View Post
    As you are in the UK the distance selling rules state that you must offer a minimum 14 day cancellation period. From that you can deduct any reasonable charges such as a one off setup fee, bandwidth use and so on.

So as a minimum you should be offering that however personally I don't give any more than the 14 days, it's ample in my view, different countries will have different rules, some none at all.
    The DSR states that if you are selling a service, hosting is a service, the guarantee lasts until you have provided said service, and then you do not, legally, have to provide any further right to cancel.

With that said, I would say, of course always offer a money back period, be it 30 days or whatever, but I, personally, would only offer a pro-rated refund.
    This account is no longer active!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon-Orqoo View Post
    The DSR states that if you are selling a service, hosting is a service, the guarantee lasts until you have provided said service, and then you do not, legally, have to provide any further right to cancel.

With that said, I would say, of course always offer a money back period, be it 30 days or whatever, but I, personally, would only offer a pro-rated refund.
    I believe that is only fair

OooOOoOo this thread is now featured. :-)

We offer it and we very rarely have a customer ask for it, if you offer it and have a lot of customers demanding refunds there are probably other things that need to be considered.
    Cloud Shared, Reseller and VPS hosting.
    Cloud Linux, Top notch support, Xen/Onapp 10+ years in the business.
    http://www.OnProMedia.com

I think having the 30 day refund is very important. If I see a company that does not offer a refund or just a short time to get refund it kind of scares me away. I start wondering why they don't offer this? Or why is it so short of time? But yea if the service is good I would not see a lot of people cancelling.
    https://zuziko.com Learn WordPress and Web Development

You don't have to give a 30 day money back, I personally have a 10 days money back, as if they have stayed after 10 days, but we've only been asked four times since we've opened.

There are many advantages and disadvantages to offering money back guarantees however I think you should look more to the positives as opposed to the negatives when dealing with this. The reason for this is because every one hates to loose. If you think you hate to loose as a business, then your potential clients hate to loose even more! They may see a spectacular offer on your website but just leave it because of that fear. It will help in the credibility of your business if you offer some sort of trial / massive discount to minimize loss on the customers point of view / guaranteed money back offer backed by a higher institution such as also displaying your membership / complaint body just in case the customer would like to seek redress independently of your company. This could be in the form of displaying your BBB membership or verified by paypal status or other credible institutions.
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12