Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    so ovh not offer anymore dedicated server ?

Thanks.
    Nobie

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    The problem isn't not being able to get servers it's that they are experiencing high levels of churn which is causing cash flow problems
    Yep I read the thread,
    I was trying to add something to the discussion that I believe hadn't been mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by yassale View Post
    very weak support
    downtime 2 times a day server dedicate
    port bad quality
    .....and your evidence?

I'm sure that most of us in the industry saw this coming. They were likely willing to take a loss at first just to gain a large client base and figured they would figure out profitability later.

Even if they bought extremely shotty/cheap hardware, an i5 is still going to cost ~$500 to build. At $49/month, without even taking into considering support, bandwidth, power, it's taking them 10 months to make their money back. So when a client purchases it, uses it for 2 months, and then doesn't renew, they're out $420 and stuck with a server they can't resell because they already launched a new product for the same price or cheaper.

The problem with the low-end/budget market is that most of those clients buy servers for a month or two, abuse the **** out of them, and then dump them for another provider. So, as OVH admits, their turnover rate is too high and they can't get rid of their older hardware.

OVH stops taking orders, everything is "sold out"..

Quote Originally Posted by nobie View Post
    so ovh not offer anymore dedicated server ?

Thanks.
    Nobie
    Try contacting them. I don't think they are doing them automatically but manually.

Worth a shot..

Hetzner have recently lowered there setup fee as well it seems, Just at the right time for them

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    Hetzner have recently lowered there setup fee as well it seems, Just at the right time for them
    Hetzner has lowered the setup fee on their EX8 / EX10 servers and completely removed it from the EX6 / EX6S servers. They are planning to launch newer versions of these models in the next few months and I suspect that they want to clear up their inventory of the current models. When the newer servers launch, then they will have a higher setup fee. They may continue selling the older models without a setup fee through their auction site and the customers can choose to go with slightly older hardware without paying a setup fee or get the latest hardware by paying a setup fee.

I think this model discourages churn and Hetzner will not face the problems that OVH is currently facing.

Quote Originally Posted by noidea2013 View Post
    Listen guys.. Sooner or letter it has to happen. What was OVH was doing is over killing they started visualizations on dedicated server and sold them at $20 dedi - which doesn't even a dedi. To save their company they already tried all tricks from the book. Using bad hardware/old hardware or wrong visualization or old HDDs and everything. From early 2013 they started new trick and mail their clients about wrong ddos attack. Maybe companies tried that as well. But now they are totally out of tricks so either they got a new trick or in next few months you will heard a news about OVH SOLD to an another company.
    This is the way cheap business works! this is not the first time it happen with hostgator, bluehost even softlayer and ans long some on try to be smart it's going to happen again.
    Same goes for chap VPS business too. So guys don't wast your money and understand the facts and the reality.
    Many guys here already sold their lucks to this kind of cheap business monsters - but still GOOD LUCK! You gone need it.
    You are wrong, if OVH had a money problem they would spend millions of dollars on a new Anti-DDoS hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud-Shield View Post
    You are wrong, if OVH had a money problem they would spend millions of dollars on a new Anti-DDoS hardware.
    Good marketing skills if you believe they spend millions on the platform.
    You have to take into consideration listprice vs price paid. An expansion worth millions in listprice can be done 70%/80% cheaper then list with good negotiation skills (1) so an expansion worth 5 million dollar in network equipment might cost them 1 million to 1.5 million (2) and this 1.5 million can be 3/4th financed using EU structural funds (basically a grant) and 1/4th by borrowing from the bank (obligation if you want EU funds), so a network investment worth 5 million basically can be realized with a 375 000,- loan if planned well.

I wonder what the heck the are going to talk about at their "summit" in two weeks if they are still not taking any orders.

http://www.ovh.com/fr/summit2013/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFD8uoTndAo

Maybe this is just all a plan to build up anticipation before a new rollout?

Quote Originally Posted by aww View Post
    I wonder what the heck the are going to talk about at their "summit" in two weeks if they are still not taking any orders.

http://www.ovh.com/fr/summit2013/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFD8uoTndAo

Maybe this is just all a plan to build up anticipation before a new rollout?
    You realize OVH is not only a "few bucks dedicated server" provider ? I am sure they will have something nice to present apart "the cheapest server for the masses".

guys
    ovh really in a big trouble
    i will tell you my story with them
    i have i5 and two of e3-1245
    and after a two months my sites is downing every time
    and when i opened a support ticket and ask them what is wrong with network those technical support ask me to do a MTR TEST from my local to my server and i get bad Result ( alot of packet loss ) and i give it to them after hours he told me i'm under attack and i did not get this idea Because i dont have any Enemy so i ordered a new server from hetzner and move my site away from them to hetzner and everything is good i did not get any problems with network and my sites is up

i dont know what is Happens to them but this is really strange

Quote Originally Posted by Anafal View Post
    guys
    ovh really in a big trouble
    i will tell you my story with them
    i have i5 and two of e3-1245
    and after a two months my sites is downing every time
    and when i opened a support ticket and ask them what is wrong with network those technical support ask me to do a MTR TEST from my local to my server and i get bad Result ( alot of packet loss ) and i give it to them after hours he told me i'm under attack and i did not get this idea Because i dont have any Enemy so i ordered a new server from hetzner and move my site away from them to hetzner and everything is good i did not get any problems with network and my sites is up

i dont know what is Happens to them but this is really strange
    This might just be you, cause I've never experienced any issues with their network. Did you have csf firewall installed or something similar? You don't have to have enemies. Hackers will take any vulnerable box they can find.

Quote Originally Posted by WireValley View Post
    This might just be you, cause I've never experienced any issues with their network. Did you have csf firewall installed or something similar? You don't have to have enemies. Hackers will take any vulnerable box they can find.
    No i did not install csf
    and i've test my site from vps windows hosted in the some network Ovh and it was working fine but outside the DC is working but he stops every time

Hard to say what it was then, but I doubt it was their network. Otherwise you would have seen an uproar in the forums if their network was having issues.

If you don't have csf installed on your new server, check it out. I just installed it on my server today. It's free and very easy to install via ssh.

Quote Originally Posted by WireValley View Post
    Hard to say what it was then, but I doubt it was their network. Otherwise you would have seen an uproar in the forums if their network was having issues.

If you don't have csf installed on your new server, check it out. I just installed it on my server today. It's free and very easy to install via ssh.
    i've already installed csf but he did not change anything
    until now everything good with hetzner no stops !

Quote Originally Posted by Anafal View Post
    i've already installed csf but he did not change anything
    until now everything good with hetzner no stops !
    You can't just tell the problem by changing the server.

You probably have some problem with the configuration in your old server.

If the same will happen again in Hetzner later, then what will you do? Move again?

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    You can't just tell the problem by changing the server.

You probably have some problem with the configuration in your old server.

If the same will happen again in Hetzner later, then what will you do? Move again?
    is not configuration problem
    it is network problem the support technical is not helping
    so i had to move on

I don't understand people who go with OVH who need managed servers.

That is clearly not what they are there for and definitely not their forte.

If you know what you are doing, they are a great value, if not find one of the recommended VPS providers where someone else always has your root.

Bought a backup server last month from OVH and setup time was listed as a few hours. However, the setup took over a week. It was not a problem for me but OVH used to be really fast to deliver new servers. It seems the changing of the bandwidth and pricing models every few months is stressing out OVH.

Quote Originally Posted by File1eu View Post
    Bought a backup server last month from OVH and setup time was listed as a few hours. However, the setup took over a week. It was not a problem for me but OVH used to be really fast to deliver new servers. It seems the changing of the bandwidth and pricing models every few months is stressing out OVH.
    Which DC? I always bought from NA location and would get my servers in 30-90 min..

OVH US KS 1&2 no longer showing up as "sold out."

Quote Originally Posted by critihost View Post
    OVH US KS 1&2 no longer showing up as "sold out."
    Is 'KS' supposed to stand for Kimsufi on the US ones? If so, have they always been that price? Big difference from their UK specs and pricing, they are more like the KS 16 and KS 24 in Europe than the 1/2.

Sorry, what is MTR TEST stand for ?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast