For Sale: HP DL380 Server, Drives, 42U Rack and extras.

Group,

If anyone is interested I have a complete server setup for sale.

What I am looking to offer for sale is as follows…

1 HP Proliant DL380 G3 Server (2U) (dual 2.4’s)
    Lights out Card optional license (sells for $350.00 thru HP)
    Server Rails
    3 HP Ultra 320 146.8 GB 10K SCSI Drives
    1 Compaq 7142 Model 42 19 inch rack with doors, sides, keys, plexi glass shelf, and side rests for larger server.

The equipment is in very good condition. Server and Hard drives are like new, cabinet has a few minor scratches on it but otherwise in very good condition.

I have not decided on prices yet, Im open to offers at the moment.

If anyone is interested please email me direct at dcpaq2@comcast.net for more information.

Thanks for reading

Doug

Hi,

Firstly is this in a datacenter somewhere and online? Secondly I am willing to pay 500 USD.

I am willing to pay 500 USD.

Please dont waste my time with offers like that.

Originally posted by dcpaq2
    I am willing to pay 500 USD.

Please dont waste my time with offers like that.
    If he is wasting your time then state a price your willing to sell it for.
    data center directory - The comprehensive data center resource. Version 2.0 coming soon!

Now do you think anyone here would take even anywhere near $500.00 for what I am listing here? Honestly?

I highly doubt it.

Personally I just think he's trying to be funny or something.

If i do sell I am going to want at least $1500.00 for just the server alone. Now what about the rest of the equipment? The hard drives cost me over $575.00 EACH brand new less than 5 months ago. And you know 42 U cabinets in good to very good condition dont go too cheap these days.

Doug

Otherwise, Yes I think he is wasting my time, because If he was interested he would not have quoted $500.00 for everything, and probably would have emailed me direct with more questions, like was requested in my post.

Also yes the server and equipment are currently in an active datacenter, and has Redhat linux enterprise and Hsphere installed on it.

Doug

If he is wasting your time then state a price your willing to sell it for.

I agree. and i do not agree with your comments of - he was interested he would not have quoted $500.00 for everything..

On wht you will not sell the servers at market value and $500 bid to start is not that much of a big problem as you did not state a price you where looking for in my eyes.. as for the way you treated that bid, i would not trust you with my money. Anyway.. its a nice server and good luck

Hi Guys,

I read all your comments. I was interested and he said to make an offer which I did. There are people on here that sell things very cheap to clear and I have bought stuff that way before. I am not interested anymore in this offer as the seller seems like he wants the full price for what he paid for. My offer was only on the server for $500.00 nothing else but if you want $1500 good luck with the sale. I wouldn't cry about how much you have spent as everyone in this industry knows that things devalue!!!

si2040,

I do not want the full price of what i paid for the server. I paid $2500.00 for the server about a year ago. I said I wanted at least $1500.00 for the server. that is not full price.

Also you did not specify that your offer for $500.00 was for just the server, you just said Im willing to pay $500.00.

Dreamworks why would you not trust me with your money? That makes no sense to me. but what ever.

Guys im not going to get into a huge debate over all this, so i have decided to with draw my offer.

The server and equipment are no longer for sale.

Doug

Hi Doug

Well thought of. I don't think you would have got a sale here anyway. Odds are stacked against you. Good luck with the sale anyway

si2040 I tell you that your wasting my time with a $500.00 offer and you tell me that "Odds are stacked against you." Come on guys give me a break.

No where in your offer did you mention anything about you being interested in just the server for the $500.00.

My listing was meant for everything listed, not individual equipment, I assumed the offer of $500.00 was for everything which is what i was looking to sell, everything as a complete package.

And now you dont trust me with your money, thats rediculous.

Im probably more honest then 3/4 of the people that are on here are. (Yes guys im sure there are some bad apples on this site if you gave them the chance at your money. Theres a bad apple in every group weather we want to admit it or not.) Your jumping to conclusions way too fast over nothing.

Anyway you wont have to worry about me posting anything forsale on this site again, not if im going to get replys like this post has brought. Im simply trying to sell my stuff and i get a bunch of flack. Geesh.

Anyway Im done replying to this post.

Have a nice day.

Doug