VPS w/ low latency, decent bw no other frills?

Hey all,

Been looking at the forums for a while now and am thinking of moving to a Windows VPS. I have quite a few domains I need to host but none with super bandwidth requirements. What I am looking for is a Windows VPS provider with low latency and as cheap as possible.

I don't need it managed, I don't need a control panel, I don't need much diskspace even CPU would be minimal. Network connection and price are the most important factors outside reliability.

Suggestions for what I'm looking for?

what would be your bandwidth requirements?
    Andrew Gee - Chief Everything Officer (CEO) and Founder of Tech Futures
    www.techfutures.xyz
    Colocation | Bare Metal Servers | Cloud Solutions | Unified Communications

Quote Originally Posted by chacer View Post
    Hey all,

Been looking at the forums for a while now and am thinking of moving to a Windows VPS. I have quite a few domains I need to host but none with super bandwidth requirements. What I am looking for is a Windows VPS provider with low latency and as cheap as possible.

I don't need it managed, I don't need a control panel, I don't need much diskspace even CPU would be minimal. Network connection and price are the most important factors outside reliability.

Suggestions for what I'm looking for?
    Low latency? WHERE are you targeting?
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

how you define your "low latency", where is your location?
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    Low latency? WHERE are you targeting?

DUH good call, my bad.

The United States, mostly West Coast traffic, but do get traffic from all over.

Also, I don't want a set of over-subscribed servers that mimic bad latency. I want the pages to remain snappy (I have optimized for this already) and sticking them on an oversubscribed machine ruins my work. I would like the total page load time to be ~2000MS or less per optimized page, meaning I don't have time to waste on waiting for a network connection or an overloaded machine or some other choke point out of my control.

My page sizes are small, and can be delivered extremely rapidly. Currently my pages load in an average of 2100MS from test points in Miami, New York, San Francisco Bay Area, Dallas and Chicago.

Basically as long as I'm not having to wait on the server or the connection, the rest I can handle. Obviously there are things that are out of the providers control beyond their own hops, I am just looking for something fairly solid.

Thanks!

P.S. I already utilize a psuedo CDN, these servers would be for the back-end mostly which would push directly to the clients for search/db results.

How about getting something in Central region so that you can better latency from all over? You can try to get test IP's from prospective hosts and see what kind of results do you get with them.
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Dmehosting.com worked great for me when I needed a Windows VPS. Their Chicago location had really good latency to all over Canada, the U.S, and Europe.
    613websites.comCanadian Hosting and Web Design
    Reliable, fast, customized, and secure hosting!
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Support | Money Back Guarantee
    Visit www.613websites.com or call 1-800-636-1484

Quote Originally Posted by d4m1r View Post
    Dmehosting.com worked great for me when I needed a Windows VPS. Their Chicago location had really good latency to all over Canada, the U.S, and Europe.
    Yeah, don't even bother with DME. They're total and utter trash.
    Hey, their own website isn't loading at the moment. surprised? Not at all.

3 months with DME, the most downtime I've ever had. THANKFULLY it's just DNS and monitoring tools, but still, as unprofessional as it gets.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

What is your budget for this VPS?
    Tailored VPS offers fully customizable VPS Hosting