Thread: Asia

Smile Asia

Who are the bandwidth providers that specialize in Asia traffic particularly South East Asia ?

Thanks for any info.

PCCWGlobal/BTN, NTT

PCCW has much better pricing, and they are intertwined with Reach

Thanks.

Do you know of any dedicated server sellers who are on their bandwidth that can match he.net pricing ?

Nobody can match HE's pricing for Asia optimized BW, never.
    Asia has very high priced traffic and many telecom monopolys that sell the mbit for 30-500$ - a mix of them is very expensive.

For a "good" Asian mix (i.e. PCCW, NTT, China Netcom and some others like Hanaro) you look at 10-20$ / Mbit and not less.

You think stick with HE is the right choice ?

You know any good resellers of HE ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhang View Post
    Nobody can match HE's pricing for Asia optimized BW, never.
    Asia has very high priced traffic and many telecom monopolys that sell the mbit for 30-500$ - a mix of them is very expensive.

For a "good" Asian mix (i.e. PCCW, NTT, China Netcom and some others like Hanaro) you look at 10-20$ / Mbit and not less.
    Well, China Telecom isn't cheap, though it is pretty important for China users.
    For a good mix, I would say Pacnet, Singtel, Reach (not PCCW), NTT, Telekom Malaysia (2-3 in the list will be good).

For HE.net in Asia, it is pretty weak. Only have a few direct Asia routes. Most Asia traffic still need to send to US and then come back.

Does anyone know how much does China Telecom charge in Hong Kong and USA for IP transit on a gige commit?

The best would be Asianetcom which has some of the most comprehensive networks in South East Asia

Does anyone know how much does China Telecom charge in Hong Kong and USA for IP transit on a gige commit?
    Depends on Rep, but usualy 20-100$.

Well, China Telecom isn't cheap, though it is pretty important for China users.
    Well, only Netcom will not get you far in China - you also need Telecom, though they are more realistic on their prices.

For a good mix, I would say Pacnet, Singtel, Reach (not PCCW), NTT, Telekom Malaysia (2-3 in the list will be good).
    Pacnet is also good for Oceania, Singtel is rather useless unless you target Singapore, Telekom Malaysia is important for malaysian users since their external BW sucks hard.
    Last edited by WW_P; 07-24-2011 at 08:22 AM.

We run NTT and PCCW in mix that gives us a pretty good network performance.

Quote Originally Posted by boonchuan View Post
    The best would be Asianetcom which has some of the most comprehensive networks in South East Asia
    Asianet is not in the scene anymore, it's now Pacnet (the merger of Asianet and Pacific Internet).

I have to agree, you can't find a provider in Asia that can match the pricing of HE.
    You might want to contact the following provider and get a quote from them - Pacnet, PCCW, NTT, Singtel, TATA

In recent months KDDI has become very aggressive with pricing for 100MB and full GigE circuits. Being a telehouse customer also helps to some degree with pricing.

I believe KDDI has a pretty robust backbone with connectivity into Asia and surrounding local markets.