Exclamation Low budget VPS for personal testing

I'm looking for a low budget VPS for personal testing. I already have one VPS at securedragon and was thinking to get another one but their support attitude made me rethink my decission. If anyone needs extra clarification, here it is:

I've submitted one ticket because they relocated all servers to a new datacenter and thus changed all our IP addresses. I asked if they could tell my my new IP address but the ticked just got closed without any answer.

Eventually I found this IP address on my own but no matter how stupid my question was they should have at least responded to my ticket.

So anywho, the VPS should have at least 64MB of RAM and 3GB of hard drive. Price range - $20-30$ per year.

Thanks in advance!

I will suggest TinyVZ.com or TinyKVM.com. But they are out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by ONeal View Post
    I'm looking for a low budget VPS for personal testing. I already have one VPS at securedragon and was thinking to get another one but their support attitude made me rethink my decission. If anyone needs extra clarification, here it is:

I've submitted one ticket because they relocated all servers to a new datacenter and thus changed all our IP addresses. I asked if they could tell my my new IP address but the ticked just got closed without any answer.

Eventually I found this IP address on my own but no matter how stupid my question was they should have at least responded to my ticket.

So anywho, the VPS should have at least 64MB of RAM and 3GB of hard drive. Price range - $20-30$ per year.

Thanks in advance!
    The only reason i can see them doing that is if they had already sent out an email informing people of where to find such info, im sure KuJoe will step in at some point to clear things up, they are certainly a trusted and professional business.

With that said, do you have any location/region in mind?
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

You may have to contact some providers for a custom plan due to such low specs.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    You may have to contact some providers for a custom plan due to such low specs.
    This is also true. Marketing 64MB or even 128MB plans well requires a lot of IP space to make a profit. So your probably only going to find providers with their own ranges offering such plans.

http://vmport.com/linux-kvm.html - This one is under your budget too ! btw

Normally this on happen on lowend hardware node as this doesn't give significant profit to host.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

http://lowendbox.com and http://lowendtalk.com are going to have several offers in your range, some of them will even be here a year from now.
    Hostigation.com - High Resource Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Servers for Hosting and Dedicated Needs
    SolusVM VPS Hosting - Big Features, Small Prices
    Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mitgib View Post
    some of them will even be here a year from now.
    Drum roll

Thank you all for your replies! The specs are not that relevant, as long as they are above the minimum

Quote Originally Posted by mitgib View Post
    http://lowendbox.com and http://lowendtalk.com are going to have several offers in your range, some of them will even be here a year from now.
    ^This, with your requirements you can probably find a reliable enough provider.

try knownhost.com you can test their server for 1 month with 960ram and 40gb storage. they have a coupon going on with around 78% off? so you'll only be paying around $8 ish for the first month. try it out

i don't know many vps host would have it for that cheap yearly =/

Maybe checked out like budgetvm.com or buyvm.com, both have very cheap VPS's you can use to just play around on.

If you're just testing out some things, do you NEED a VPS? Why not VirtualBox or Bochs or some other local virtualization platform.

Quote Originally Posted by portalgod View Post
    If you're just testing out some things, do you NEED a VPS? Why not VirtualBox or Bochs or some other local virtualization platform.
    I'll take a look at lowendbox, thanks. Regarding the testing - when I deploy the application I like to test it from various locations so I cannot host it locally..

buyvm should be match your budget

Quote Originally Posted by jenok View Post
    buyvm should be match your budget
    Unfortunately they are always out of stock :\

Sorry for closing your ticket but we received entirely to many support tickets regarding this so we informed everybody via e-mail that if we received additional tickets regarding the new IPs we would close them.

Our OpenVZ clients were informed no less than 7 times about their new IPs via e-mail not including the announcements on our website and Twitter.

I apologize again that this happened but the amount of tickets we were receiving was causing other clients with legitimate issues to suffer by having to wait (our average response times were almost 57 minutes due to these extra tickets which we found to be unacceptable so we had to do something about it).
    Last edited by ZKuJoe; 04-13-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

Quote Originally Posted by ZKuJoe View Post
    Sorry for closing your ticket but we received entirely to many support tickets regarding this so we informed everybody via e-mail that if we received additional tickets regarding the new IPs we would close them.

Our OpenVZ clients were informed no less than 7 times about their new IPs via e-mail not including the announcements on our website and Twitter.

I apologize again that this happened but the amount of tickets we were receiving was causing other clients with legitimate issues to suffer by having to wait (our average response times were almost 57 minutes due to these extra tickets which we found to be unacceptable so we had to do something about it).
    Thanks for the info ZKuJoe. Usually I don't use support tickets for stuff like this but I was on the road and didn't have time to read every mail. Actually I was searching for it in my inbox before submitting a ticket but somehow I could not find it. Anyway, I guess I'll take another VPS from you guys.

Understandable. Looking back it would have been better practice to create a predefined reply instead of just relying on mass e-mail and closing tickets. I've credited your account as compensation for the troubles this has caused you.
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

Eh c'mon man, that's not necessary. Now I feel bad for nagging here. Seriously, you can take the credit back I'll order anyway. But I really appreciate the gesture, it shows professionalism.

My favorite budget hosts: buyvm, hostigation, ramhost.us/tinyvz, securedragon. All are quality hosts.
    raindog308
    LowEndTalk administrator, LowEndBox editor

Checkout 123systems.net, they have cheap $10, $15, and $20 per year plans
    613websites.comCanadian Hosting and Web Design
    Reliable, fast, customized, and secure hosting!
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Support | Money Back Guarantee
    Visit www.613websites.com or call 1-800-636-1484

I recommend visiting lowendbox.com or cheapvpsdeals.info they have lots of providers deals.