Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down DataShack Horrible Service - Stay Away :(

My previous thread on this forums was on best dedicated service providers & i got few recommendation for DataShack and i thought to try them..

I order 1 dedicate server "Dual Intel Xeon 5520" on 16 July 2014 20:01 IST with cpanel licence and they commit to deploy server in 1-2 business days but they didn't deliver server on time, I opened ticket to them on 18th july and they send me email below-

Our apologizes for the delay.

As each server is custom built, we are slightly behind on our build que.

We will have your server online as quickly as possible.

Your next invoice date will auto-reset itself when your server goes online so you are not charged for any wait time.

Thanks for your patience.

Jon
    I asked them just gave me exact TAT but all time they send me email with same template message... and on 19 July 2014 23:56 IST i got one email that your server is ready but no welcome email so they copy paste welcome email again...

In their email they just provide IP and login details, there was no information about cpanel licence and when i asked them for cpanel licence then they said..
    I apologize, You will need to install Cpanel.

You can install Cpanel with a free 15 day temporary license, and we will issue you a license as soon as possible.
    My Question is why i need to install 15 days trial even i have paid you $35 for 30 days licence... But i tried to install cpanel with trial licence but cpanel was saying that 15 days trial has been already expired.. again i email to datashack and got response.

Hello,

The license is installed when cPanel is install, there is no license number to give out. I will forward this to support to to verify and check that cPanel is bought for this service.

&

Yes. This will be allocated first thing tomorrow morning. What IP address did you install cPanel to? You should be able to activate a trial until we provide you with a licensed key.

~ Ready to server you
    Brandon - Level 2 Support Technician
    So basically thing is on my 16th july order i have nothing till yet, i can't use my server...

DataShack is really poor in their support and service, their support staff don't know anything... service is horrible..

Its just like pay and waste your time by talking with newbies..

I am really surprise that how peoples around here recommend DataShack... DataShack provide crap support & service..

My suggestion for WHT that stay away from this company, understand value of your time & money because DataShack don't care.

They only have fake reviews on Net nothing else. Going to cancel my order OR file paypal dispute.

Your experience with them has definitely been an anomaly. They are generally great at supporting customers with active services, responses are often short but still effective. You can always ask them to remove the CP license from your order, I believe buycpanel.com offers these for less per month.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Thumbs down

Their current response-

They are providing refund for cpanel licence this mean they didn't order my licence yet... I always contacted you in business hours..

Datashack, I will take my full money back...

I'm sorry but we do not offer refunds. I can refund the cPanel license if you would like to obtain the licensing elsewhere or I can go ahead and procure a cPanel license for IP 63.141.246.42

I'm sorry that you were contacting us during non business hours. I cannot purchase / allocate cPanel licenses except for business days...

~ Ready to server you
    Brandon - Level 2 Support Technician

If you have your Server active and got refund for your cPanel license then why not purchase an external license from a vendor like buycPanel?
    You are just having a hard time getting your cPanel license activated, so if your Server is ready and active just purchase a license and use your Server.
    I doubt you will get a refund for server as server is already build but every company have their own terms of services.
    Best of luck in this case.
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Have already opened paypal dispute, WIll take further action if paypal dispute fails.

They are just playing with people's money with their crap support services.

Quote Originally Posted by Askforhost View Post
    If you have your Server active and got refund for your cPanel license then why not purchase an external license from a vendor like buycPanel?
    You are just having a hard time getting your cPanel license activated, so if your Server is ready and active just purchase a license and use your Server.
    I doubt you will get a refund for server as server is already build but every company have their own terms of services.
    Best of luck in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by WebuyHosting View Post
    Have already opened paypal dispute, WIll take further action if paypal dispute fails.

It's too bad you didn't give the server a chance, you'll have a hard time matching the value offered by DS/WSI. The important things (emergency hardware replacement, etc.) they do better than any other budget provider I've tried.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    It's too bad you didn't give the server a chance, you'll have a hard time matching the value offered by DS/WSI. The important things (emergency hardware replacement, etc.) they do better than any other budget provider I've tried.
    Currently We are using 5 dedicate service provides and datashack was 6th one and worst i ever try... They really don't care about client..

I am also a businessman and i know very very well what customer want and how to support and serve.

Currently We are using 5 dedicate service provides and datashack was 6th one and worst i ever try... They really don't care about client..

I am also a businessman and i know very very well what customer want and how to support and serve.
    This is an example of how subjective reviews can be, each client has a different experience. Another example is OVH, they're loved by many here but after it took four tickets and six days to get a faulty HDD replaced I'd never use or recommend them again.

Good luck with #7

Paypal disputes are not workable for intangible products (Services ).

If they agreed to issue a refund for cPanel take it. You can buy from fallowing external license providers.

licensepla.com
    buycpanel.com

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    This is an example of how subjective reviews can be, each client has a different experience. Another example is OVH, they're loved by many here but after it took four tickets and six days to get a faulty HDD replaced I'd never use or recommend them again.

Good luck with #7
    Yeah I am agree with you, Thats my review and experience with Dataschack, they might good for few...

IN this case i will use other options to get my small amount back, My money is not an issue, Issue is they killed my days.

Quote Originally Posted by bukzrock View Post
    Paypal disputes are not workable for intangible products (Services ).

If they agreed to issue a refund for cPanel take it. You can buy from fallowing external license providers.

licensepla.com
    buycpanel.com

Why isn't others understanding that its a host who had to take responsibility to deliver what client has ordered. If he had to order Cpanel manually and install then why take order from your client.

Its the host who has to take up the responsibility for the issue and not giving lame reasons like this "contacting us during non business hours".
    Crypracks.com | Premium Bare Metal Servers at Budget
    Powerful Dedicated Servers and VPS servers | Instant Setup
    Quote ? - Sales @ Crypracks.com

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudcandy Host View Post
    Why isn't others understanding that its a host who had to take responsibility to deliver what client has ordered. If he had to order Cpanel manually and install then why take order from your client.

Its the host who has to take up the responsibility for the issue and not giving lame reasons like this "contacting us during non business hours".
    Yeah I am totally agree with you, They took money for monthly cpanel licence and forcing their users to use 15 days trial cpanel licence & they don't even check if Their IP is eligible for free trial licence or not...

They Promise to deliver server in 1-2 days and deliver in more than 3 days... not exact TAT and when you contact them, they send you their predefined template message reply.

Shame.

The only country in the world after which an ocean is named.
    I have been using Datashack for years and have had no problems.

Lucky you...

Quote Originally Posted by shankar View Post
    I have been using Datashack for years and have had no problems.

I've been with Datashack since April 2014 and I don't have problems with them. Their support is outstanding.

It's complicated, but I think the problem is on both sides.
    - The host certainly has the responsibility to deliver what is promised.
    - If there's no support during non-business hours/days then the customer should be aware of this before signing up.

Now, the host is certainly offering a solution, late, maybe, but is at least willing to co-operate and the customer hasn't tried the server yet, he could receive the refund for this license and maybe get even a cheaper one with those companies others have mentioned.

Is up to you if you'd like to be more flexible and give them a chance as I don't see this as a serious issue to start saying they are a scam, for example, you don't know about the service performance, do you? and they actually have good reviews...

Certainly the host should have reacted more efficiently, but I find this a very particular situation where the host and the customer simply couldn't get along...
    Whitesystem.NET, LLC. root [at] whitesystem.net
    Pure SSD cPanel-based Cloud Shared, Reseller Hosting.
    LiteSpeedTruly low Populated Servers10 Years Hosting Experience
    Fast and Friendly multilingual (Spanish and English) Support www.whitesystem.net

I asked 5 times about exact TAT but all time they send me fix email template message... (customer is not fool)

Why you didn't tell me if they don't working on non-business hours/days...

They took money for 30 days cpanel licence and saying me to install trial cpanel licence for 15 days.., WHY?

They even don't check that their IP is eligible for trial cpanel licence or not.. My IP was already used trial licence...

Support- Its worst... They don't know what they are saying, 5 person handel single ticket and saying random things and then apology on their previous behave..

Regarding Reviews... I smell most of them are fake...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-WS View Post
    It's complicated, but I think the problem is on both sides.
    - The host certainly has the responsibility to deliver what is promised.
    - If there's no support during non-business hours/days then the customer should be aware of this before signing up.

Now, the host is certainly offering a solution, late, maybe, but is at least willing to co-operate and the customer hasn't tried the server yet, he could receive the refund for this license and maybe get even a cheaper one with those companies others have mentioned.

Is up to you if you'd like to be more flexible and give them a chance as I don't see this as a serious issue to start saying they are a scam, for example, you don't know about the service performance, do you? and they actually have good reviews...

Certainly the host should have reacted more efficiently, but I find this a very particular situation where the host and the customer simply couldn't get along...

That's quite strange and unusual as well.
    We had few dedicated servers bought from them and we have never had issues (good uptime, server speed etc.)
    The support team is fast and good.
    Maybe delivery time is not accurate, sometimes they delivered the server in 3 business days instead of 1-2.

I agree about support. I never used DataShack, but since WholesaleInternet provides support for DataShack (staff is the same), I think I can comment on it.
    It seems that they are not sure about everything they do. They had a great team before, but now when they have a lot of staff, it seems that half of them do not know things.

I remember I had a problem with the login to the server and asked them to delete lines from /etc/hosts.deny. Looks simple, right? They tried something within several hours and were not able to fix it. Tech rebooted the server, changed network configuration, changed root password, did something else, but was not able to just delete lines from file. I was shocked... Since than I am trying to not ask them about everything more complicated than a simple reboot.

I am 100% agree with you, You said all what exactly they do...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilya74 View Post
    I agree about support. I never used DataShack, but since WholesaleInternet provides support for DataShack (staff is the same), I think I can comment on it.
    It seems that they are not sure about everything they do. They had a great team before, but now when they have a lot of staff, it seems that half of them do not know things.

I remember I had a problem with the login to the server and asked them to delete lines from /etc/hosts.deny. Looks simple, right? They tried something within several hours and were not able to fix it. Tech rebooted the server, changed network configuration, changed root password, did something else, but was not able to just delete lines from file. I was shocked... Since than I am trying to not ask them about everything more complicated than a simple reboot.

I remember I had a problem with the login to the server and asked them to delete lines from /etc/hosts.deny. Looks simple, right?
    It's very simple indeed, but they aren't a managed provider. Why should their support delete lines from your hosts.deny file when you have an unmanaged server from them? That isn't their responsibility; that's yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Wholesale Internet FAQ
    Wholesale Internet provides inexpensive unmanaged dedicated servers. Our 24 hour tech staff are responsible for hardware and network support.
    That's what they're responsible for. If you aren't capable of managing your own server, they suggest a couple management firms on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by wswd View Post
    It's very simple indeed, but they aren't a managed provider. Why should their support delete lines from your hosts.deny file when you have an unmanaged server from them? That isn't their responsibility; that's yours!
    My responsibility is to configure OS, Apache, etc, etc. When the customer does not have an access to the system, it is the provider responsibility.

The problem is not that they were not able to fix it, the problem is that they took system offline, changed root password, changed network config. In short, they did a lot of things that are not related to the issue. This indicates that an employee who was working on the issue is incompetent. In the end, they could just give the KVM and let the customer do it. But no, they have created a lot of new problems to the customer instead of fixing simple one

When the customer does not have an access to the system, it is the provider responsibility.
    They allow KVM to sort that out. An unmanaged service provider, do not really keep certified system administrator on tickets 24/7.
    Mellowhost - Providing High Quality Web Hosting Services since 2007
    SSD Cpanel Shared, SSD OpenVZ & KVM VPS Hosting
    A Hosting Provider with Complete SSD VPS & Shared Hosting.

My responsibility is to configure OS, Apache, etc, etc. When the customer does not have an access to the system, it is the provider responsibility.

The problem is not that they were not able to fix it, the problem is that they took system offline, changed root password, changed network config. In short, they did a lot of things that are not related to the issue. This indicates that an employee who was working on the issue is incompetent. In the end, they could just give the KVM and let the customer do it. But no, they have created a lot of new problems to the customer instead of fixing simple one

No...your responsibility is to manage the server. By the sounds of it, it was not their fault you lost access to your system. You "had a problem with the login". Did they cause you to have the problem with the login? I doubt it.

Whether they are competent or not (and they might very well be incompetent), what you are describing is not at all their responsibility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast