Question

hi i have been lurking around here for a few weeks and decided to register as well.

i just found out Catalog.com is having a special at http://servers.catalog.com/cobalt.htm

RaQ3, 128MB RAM, 13.6GB hard drive, 50GB/month transfer, 4IPs, Apache, $255 per month

RaQ3, 256MB RAM, 15.3GB hard drive, 100GB/month transfer, 4IPs, Apache, $275 per month

RaQ3, 512MB RAM, 20.5GB hard drive, 100GB/month transfer, 4IPs, Apache, $330 per month

I am seriously considering the

RaQ3, 256MB RAM, 15.3GB hard drive, 100GB/month transfer, 4IPs, Apache, $275 per month

and was wondering if anyone has anything on Catalog.com ?

The specials are until April 30, 2000 in a couple of days...

thanks

------------------
    Australian Neon Genesis Evangelion

4 ips? That's not many. Anyone seriously considering hosting should be looking to avoid name-based hosting which is what 4 will force you to do. Search engines pretty much require a unique ip anymore and if your sites can't get listed, they'll leave. Dedicated server for 1-4 sites it isn't a bad deal.

[This message has been edited by marksy (edited 05-12-2000).]

thanks, since i missed the special I decided that a Linux machine at Rackspace would be better using Webmin - just have to learn how to use it...

i'd be purchasing extra IPs where ever I go since i have 24 domains to get on it..

------------------

harlekyn Guest

Talking

I was first thinking about getting a RaQ at catalog.com, but after reading a quite interesting discussion about the pro's & con's of a RaQ, I'm tending to get a Linux box rather than a RaQ (still at catalog.com). It's not much more expensive, but you've got a standard Linux distribution, and with WebMin as admin interface...

yeah, my only problem is after exchanging emails with catalog.com about the Raq3 for a few days, all emails stop and there was no reply to my emails.

If they can't even bother to reply for any reason then i hate to see what happens when i sign up...

Digitalnation and Rackspace i have emailed then numerous times over 6 months just asking questions and stuff when they arise and they have always gotten back to me within days.

If Catalog.com would of replied to my last email of questions i would of signed up with them straight after the email !

Lucky i didn't rush into it.

------------------

I had no luck with them, I was also interested in a server but their replies were slow, that teels me what interest they have on new customers. Also, 4 ip's is not many, check their prices on more ip;s and bandwidth.

I finally got my server from Dialtone Internet as I heard good thing about them, they offer an interface and don't charge for ip's. Support from 1 to 10 a 7 as they have a ticket program and I like to talk to liver people...

Originally posted by eva2000.com:
    hi i have been lurking around here for a few weeks and decided to register as well.

i just found out Catalog.com is having a special at http://servers.catalog.com/cobalt.htm

RaQ3, 128MB RAM, 13.6GB hard drive, 50GB/month transfer, 4IPs, Apache, $255 per month

RaQ3, 512MB RAM, 20.5GB hard drive, 100GB/month transfer, 4IPs, Apache, $330 per month

I am seriously considering the

and was wondering if anyone has anything on Catalog.com ?

The specials are until April 30, 2000 in a couple of days...

thanks

Originally posted by eva2000.com:
    yeah, my only problem is after exchanging emails with catalog.com about the Raq3 for a few days, all emails stop and there was no reply to my emails.

If they can't even bother to reply for any reason then i hate to see what happens when i sign up...

Digitalnation and Rackspace i have emailed then numerous times over 6 months just asking questions and stuff when they arise and they have always gotten back to me within days.

If Catalog.com would of replied to my last email of questions i would of signed up with them straight after the email !

Lucky i didn't rush into it.

I'm hosting my website with catalog.com. Those guys have always provided top notch service to me, and have always responded within the hour to my e-mails.