ExaVault Remote Backup SALE - 50GB / $15! Limited Time Offer!

We’ve recently expanded our capacity, and we need to fill up the new space, so we’re offering our 50GB remote backup plan for only $15/month! That’s only $0.30/GB! We’ve also got great deals on our other plans – check out the site.

We offer open, flexible online backup services to customers running Linux, Windows and OS X boxes. You can use whatever protocols you'd like... rsync, scp, FTP, SFTP, etc., and there are no data transfer limits!

Plans & Features - Sale Valid Until 8/31/06

10 GB Plan - $10/mon Regular - $7.50/mon SALE!
    50 GB Plan - $25/mon Regular - $15.00/mon SALE!
    100 GB Plan - $40/mon Regular - $30.00/mon SALE!

Support for All Platforms
    We offer backup services for all major platforms, including all varieties of Linux (RedHat/Fedora, SUSE, Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, etc.), Unix and BSD (FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, etc.), as well as Windows (including Windows Server) and Mac OS X.

Open and Flexible, but Fully Secure
    We’re open and flexible – we let our customers backup and restore data with whatever protocol they like. We recommend secure rsync and secure ftp – and have provided complete, detailed instructions for both on all the platforms we support!

No Data Transfer Limits
    We don’t place artificial limits on data transfer – you can backup and restore as much data as you want!

Step by Step Instructions for Setup, with Screenshots!
    We’ve created an complete, detailed, step-by-step guide to setting up rsync on every major platform: Unix/Linux/BSD, Windows and Mac OS X. We’ve even included screenshots of each command. And if you still want more help, we offer a service to set the backup up for you!

No Lock-In Contracts!
    We don’t require any lock-in contracts – we want to earn your business each month! If you are ever unsatisfied, we’ll give you a refund for that month!

Full Phone and Email Support
    Full phone and email support is available during business hours (PST). 510-500-0245 or support@exavault.com.

Have questions? Post here or contact us via sales@exavault.com or 510-500-0245.

Order Remote Backup Now!

Offer valid until 8/31/06.

Just a quick question - how reliable is disk/space where we back up - hypothetically speaking, what is your company's stance if the disk where we backed up - went bust?

I'm just trying to understand if there is a backup of my backup? or some redundancy?

What sort of discounting levels are given for large amounts of backups - 5TB - 10TB range? (One-year commit)

What sort of throughput can we get at an average?

Please reply here or via PM.
    "I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it. ".
    Rodney Dangerfield (from "I Get No Respect!").

Babushka99-

Yes, there is redundancy built into the system. Our backup servers use RAID arrays and a proprietary disk monitoring system, so that we can preemptively monitor for failures and replace disks. If for some reason we don't catch a failure before it happens, the RAID array still gives us a full copy of everything.

Throughput depends on the data center where you are, but most of our customers generally see 600KB+ per second.

We don't have any formal 5TB to 10TB plans, but PM me and tell me a bit more about your situation and we can talk.

David