Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by broglet View Post
    I see vultures ...
    Where?

This forum is filled with great advice and lots of good hosts, I hope you guys will consider working with a host who meets your needs. Obviously NetSol hasn't filled that role for you guys. You don't deserve shoddy service.

What people don't seem to realize is that Network Solutions has not lived up to their namesake for years and years now. Heck, even back in "the day," when they were the only game in town, they were a PITA to deal with. I started out with NetSol as my domain registrar, but have long since moved my domains away from them... and have gotten all but one client away from them as well. I don't really care where people go so long as they go with a company who will take decent care of them (and at a decent price). Where domain registrations are concerned, that's not a far stretch, you can get far better service and pricing from any of the big players (Dotster, GoDaddy, Enom)...

If NetSol isn't taking care of you, move. That was the point of my post. Don't sit here and have blathered on about press releases, travesties and outrage, and then stay with the company after your sites come up. I realize it's a lot easier to just stay put, but to hear you guys tell it, you couldn't afford for this last incident to take place... better get a move-on and get your butts covered before it all goes to hell in a handbasket again. Just because they have figured their way out of a paper bag this time, doesn't mean they have magically become competent. A competent host would never firewall all traffic coming from a continent as a means of stopping an attack.........

Furthermore, this forum is full of excellent customer feedback and advice from experts who can help you with picking a good host this time.

There is no need to insult people for being interested and wanting to help where they can. Many of us know a thing or two about hosting -- things which obviously you guys don't know, or you wouldn't be hosted at Network Solutions. Instead of snapping at people who are just trying to be nice, how about graciously participating in the community you've previously burdened with your self-proclaimed earth-stopping problems??

Sometimes someone being nice is just someone being nice.... I suggest checking posters' history on the board before unilaterally insulting them.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by broglet View Post
    I see vultures ...
    Vultures?

Vultures are typically scavengers. Are you perhaps referring to owls?

The Network Solutions comedy show

Network Solutions' 'customer service' is hilarious. I have just received my latest email from them - in response to a mail I sent three days ago asking how long they estimated it would take to restore service. It contains the immortal lines:

We apologize for the inconvenience. Some customers are experiencing issues accessing web sites from Europe. Our engineering team is currently working to resolve this issue. Also, we currently do not have information as to when this issue will be fixed.

Their customer service people clearly have less idea about what is going on than their customers. If you phone them they say 'I do understand. I am so sorry. I have no information about this. Have a nice day'.

Where would we be without webhostingtalk?

(Answer to Dave Zan: no)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123