Attempting a transfer

On January 30th I attempted to transfer a domain of mine from Namezero over to Namecheap.

I'm starting to wonder what's up because, other than 3 different receipts for the amount I spent, and a 4th message from Namecheap telling me that "Your order #---- has been shipped from Namecheap.com" (whatever that means) on February 1st, I have received none of the correspondence I was expecting.

Shouldn't I have received one of these messages (sent to one of the domain's contacts) that I must confirm in order to complete the transfer?

Am I just a little bit too impatient? It's my first time attempting a domain name transfer.

Sounds like you should be asking NameCheap these questions.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

Originally posted by thewitt
    Sounds like you should be asking NameCheap these questions.
    I just figured that I might be getting a little bit impatient as I've never done a registrar transfer before.

One thing I did notice now on close inspection of a portion of 1 of the 3 receipts I received was this:
    ===
    Transfered to Namecheap
    -----------------------
    -----.net Transfer Accepted for 1 Year(s)
    ===

I never did anything to confirm the transfer but this here seems to make it sound like the transfer has been approved.

In any case, I'll be taking up that suggestion of yours and give Namecheap technical support a shout.

I'm not totally sure yet if its a coincidence or not, but about 30 minutes after emailing Namecheap support I got the email that I had been expecting for the past week.