Thumbs up Short review - SquirrelCart

We had two clients call in the same day, looking for me to re-create their web sites into viable e-commerce sites. One is selling physical products, and the other is selling registrations to a conference.

I looked at all the "biggies" like ZenCart, OSCommerce, and a number of smaller ones. None of them were exactly what I was looking for - something I could get up and running easily, and where I could hand off the management of the cart to my clients without having them get a degree in computer science.

I looked at SC's sample carts, plus some of the sites running live versions. It's very configurable, but even with minimal modification it looks good "out of the box."

Support for the product has been phenominal. Jamie has answered all my questions professionally and politely. He's pointed me to several threads on their support forums that covered topics I was interested in.

Setting up items and their pricing has been very easy, as was getting TransFirst/Transaction Central to work with one of my client's carts. Once I had my client's "live" information from TC, I had them up and taking sales in less than 5 minutes. My other client has been using PayPal, but will soon switch to their VeriSign CC processing service.

We're not using either of the two installations for half of what's built into the software, but what for my clients are "extra" features seem like they'd be very useful for larger, more complex sites.

I'm so totally sold on SquirrelCart that I bought a 10-license pack, as I plan on offering it to some of my other clients.
    Scott Gardner - Agile' Marketing Services

Ask about my upcoming book:
    Profitable Web Hosting

Smashing review Scott - it's great to see someone who's realised there's more to ecommerce than OSC and it's derevities!

I once used SC for a poster site, i loved it! If i ever need a cart again, SC will be the one i go for.