Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Very bad experience with Zeroconcept.net also paypal not helping......

Hi,

I have a problem with a provider who seems to think that he can do whatever he wants ones i signed up with this guy(Zeroconcept.Net). Here is a brief thing that happened, so if someone can help me i would appreciate it.

I got a reseller account and after few days i asked him that i need my private nameservers as i asked in my request. I was told that he "forgot" to mention that there will be extra charge for that. I went ahead and paid extra charge caz i had two customers waiting for their account. I waited for a month but still no nameservers, then suddenly my account was unavailable. I mailed them but no answer and then i was directed to some other site for help but i got an answer that they are moving the servers. After another month i fed up since i lost more than 12 customers and i fed up and asked them to refund my money and cancel my account. They cancelled my account but did not refund my money. I contacted paypal but they say to "resolve with the seller". I contacted them and told them that i do not want to post to the WHT Forums caz i do not want to make your reputation bad but now i am charged for the third time in row and it is $60 altogether that i have never been served for.

Isn't it illegal to keep charging when someone gives you a notice before a month or so ? And isn't it arogant to tell a buyer that it is your fault that you chose us ?

Can someone suggest me what to do ? Also i would urge everyone not to go with zeroconcept.net, since they do not follow a professional procedure for maintainning business.

Please someone help me.....

Thanks.

Ouch sorry to hear your bad experience bud you can always try a charge back dispute with paypal. Hopefully your next host will make you a happy home.

thanks for the reply. I will try to do that, and ya my next host is very good and i am loving their services. It is vision online and i am thankful for their fast servcies.

but what i can do to prevent this kind of experience to other people by the people are zeroconcept.net ? They are very bad in services and professionalism

thanks.....

nukehelpers, he indicated he already contacted PayPal and they were of no assistance.

cubs_fan, first, make sure you cancel the PayPal subscription so that they cannot charge you any more. You do not have to wait for them to do it, from within your PayPal account you can cancel the subscription yourself.

Unfortuntaley PayPal is not a good resource when it comes to consumer protection as you have experienced. When dealing with non-tangibles, such as hosting, you really have no recourse should things go wrong. If you used a credit card to make the PayPal payment, you could open a dispute with your card company, however results vary with that method.

cubs picked a good host there bud vision. I talk to the owner quite regularly good bunch of guys there. Give us a update in a month or 2 and tell us how it went for you.

It's really a bum if they turned you down. Same thing happened to me (but with another provider of course)

Hello,

I know Ken pretty well as he was one of my clients. When did this happen? This is pretty bad..... You should contact him on aim.... I know he is changing hosting again. Were you hosted on a dual xeon?

Thanks,

hi stevenblazer,

i never got in my server so i do not know where they hosted me but they are not going on a nice path for business....

Originally posted by nukehelpers
    Ouch sorry to hear your bad experience bud you can always try a charge back dispute with paypal. Hopefully your next host will make you a happy home.
    nukehelpers,
    i called my bank and they told me that they can put the chargeback dispute but it will cost me $28 per charge. So i think there should be some procedures for this kind of fraudulent activity else there is no safety in this business where only the sense of security is driving the business.

Don't you think that if this happens to anyone from us then they might be hesitated to go with smaller(honest) host and will end up ripped by bigger corporations ??

This is a moral issue

Sorry to hear that cub my bank charges me 18.00 which I didnt know until I did a actual chargeback.

that is so bad !! Is everyone out there trying to rip us off or what ??

I am really mad at this kind of helplessness..... I am

Originally posted by cubs_fan
    nukehelpers,
    i called my bank and they told me that they can put the chargeback dispute but it will cost me $28 per charge.
    Your bank, cubs and nukehelper, should not be charging you to do a chargeback. If my bank did that, I would leave in in instant. Just out of curiosity, what banks are charging for that?

I would recommend calling your bank back, asking for the dispute, but refusing to pay a fee for it. You are not getting the service you paid for and you should not have to pay the bank a fee just to open a dispute.
    Last edited by Matt; 11-12-2003 at 06:06 PM.

In case you haven't cancelled your subscription yet due to you not knowing how, follow these steps.

1. Login to your account
    2. Click on the 'History' link
    3. In the dropdown box select 'Subscriptions' , click on 'Search'
    4. Find the subscription that you wish to cancel in the list that was brought up by the results. Click the 'Details' link.
    5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'Cancel Subscription'

All done. Sorry you had to go through this type of thing. It's a lesson well learned. Always try to do more research before you go with a specific provider.

Sorry matt it was not a chargeback but I blocked a company from charging me the company to be exact was e-onlinedata. I never completed the final steps to activate account but they still charged me.

When you compare them to the average prices from other reputable providers, their deals are WAY too good to be true. That would throw me off right away.

20GB space/100GB transfer for $20 month - YEAH RIGHT.
    Last edited by toadlife; 11-12-2003 at 09:11 PM.

* This is limit of anything......

Hello guys,
    Listen to this, Now the Zeroconcept.net is telling me that the account is still up and if i cancel then it is criminal on my part since i am "getting the services". They think that if a hosting account is open on theit server that is the only thing that makes them eligible to charge me regardless of anything i ever felt on my part. Here is in their own words.
    In fact, your account appears to be STILL up, meaning we have provided our services to you. You just haven't used them. And the cancelation should of been done on your part. Should your bank somehow withdraw the payments to our company, that is also a criminal offence. Which is, "You have not paid for the services.".

Please give me some idea of stopping this odesity. This is totally a slap on the face of professionalism.

I am really thinking of finding out who these people are ..... Help me anyone.

Re: This is limit of anything......

Didn't you state in your first post that you cancelled your account with them, and they acknowledged the cacellation? I'f this is true, then I'd say, don't pay them a penny, and go about your business somewhere else.

Hopefully you have saved all of the communication between you and Zeroconcept.net.

If you just don't pay, they will have two options.

a) Sue you - which means they would have to prove their case before a judge in court.

b) Report you to a collections agency and try and mark your credit.

If they sue you and have proof that you started an account with them, chances are you would be held responsible for at least the intiall charges - the ones which you claim you paid allready anyway.

If they report you to a collections agency, you can challenge it (this is pain in the butt, but do-able), and again, I think they would have to provide some proof that you actaully owe them anything before they could put anything on your credit report. I'm no toally sure how collections work. The whole credit system in general seems a bit screwed IMO.

My bets are that if you don't pay, you won't hear from them, as judging from some of the other threads in this forum regarding ZeroConcept.net (do a forum search), the owner of Zeroconcept.net doesn't really have his/her stuff together.

Assuming you did ask for your account to be cancelled, and you have copies of the communication regarding these transactions, my advice is to pay them the money for services rendered up until the time you asked for your account to be cancelled.

Do not pay for any services supposedly rendered after you asked for your account to be cancelled.

That's funny that Zeroconcept is calling you a criminal when the background image on their "tutorials" and "hosting" pages is very likely stolen from the background of the Portfolio page of 2Advanced's v3 design ( http://www.2advanced.com/archive/v3/flashindex.htm )

Originally posted by JP.
    That's funny that Zeroconcept is calling you a criminal when the background image on their "tutorials" and "hosting" pages is very likely stolen from the background of the Portfolio page of 2Advanced's v3 design ( http://www.2advanced.com/archive/v3/flashindex.htm )
    LOL. That's hilarious. It's safe to say he may have stolen some design ideas from it too.

Paypal told me that they can only protect me if the seller is from USA, canada or UK. So why in the world paypal lets other sellers around the world use their system if they cannot protect the buyers ?

what you will do if your bank account is being charged for the services that you just used for 10 days, the seller is a non-us firm, you cannot call them, they do not co-operate and the payment processor do not help you....

I am totally frustrated

I understand your frustration...been there...you have to know that this world is all about $$$ and therefore to paypals benefit why wont they accept international sellers?

You see what I mean? Good Luck in getting this resolved

Originally posted by cubs_fan
    Paypal told me that they can only protect me if the seller is from USA, canada or UK. So why in the world paypal lets other sellers around the world use their system if they cannot protect the buyers ?

what you will do if your bank account is being charged for the services that you just used for 10 days, the seller is a non-us firm, you cannot call them, they do not co-operate and the payment processor do not help you....

I am totally frustrated
    I was just speaking to the owner of www.ZeroConcept.net who appears to be a 17 year old kid from Toronto who was on his lunch break at school . I dont understand why paypal wont protect you because the seller is in Toronto, Canada. I did ask him about this situation and he said that you forgot to cancel the subscription but i am not sure if it is true because I havent heard both sides of the story. Apparently he is out of office at the moment and in school

If I were you I would have researched a bit more about the company before signing up...no hard feelings...just my 0.02¢

Make sure you have cancelled your subscription. Contact paypal with full details. You should not be held responsable for charges after the subscription is cancelled. Provide payal with all the details and communication you have.

Use this a learning experience. We have all had our host troubles.

If the owner of ZeroConcept.net is 17 years old then the legallity of any contract he signs with any of his business partners is in question.

It's not a good idea to enter into contracts with minors at all, as they can legally enter into contracts, but have the option of terminating them for any or no reason at all.

In other words, contract law gives the minor all of the rights and the other party no rights.

Judging by what I've read about Canadian Contract law, I would say the owner of ZeroConcept.net was never obliged to provide you any services in the first place, not matter what agreement you had with him.

Really?

The minors have that right to cancel the contract?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast