Exclamation Suggest Reseller for new startup in India

Hi friends,

will try to give you most complete information in as short as possible.

I am working as a Hardware engineer from last few years. And decided to start my own Web hosting company(Reseller to be precise). With whatever little experience I have and research I did I had almost finalized on Hostgator Aluminium plan ( URL="goo.gl/FtKs1 ) for a starter.

What I liked in the plan was good brand, good reviews, price, lots of freebies specially WHMCS. What I am not sure about is the limited bandwidth, 500GB/mo. At least for the initial stages I am not expecting a website with high traffic, however I have little to no idea how much is good enough? Any website where I can check approximate bandwidth usage of few of my clients website(Hosted with someone else).

I am open to any other plan/provider

What I am looking for is low prices for starting and scaling if needed later. Reliability goes without saying. And rebranding as far as possible, like customised name server, Cpanel login from my own site rather than 'original' hosting service providers website.

A good Samaritan suggested me this site. And I am hopeful the collective experience of you guys is going to help me a lot.
    If I have missed on anything important please point out. After all I am a newbie.

Any help appreciated. Thanks
    Taha

Even though you are limited on bandwidth.

Usually, around 70% of sites won't use more than 5GB of BW.

Just try to be reasonable on how much space and bw you give to your clients.

Don't be giving them 20GB space and 30GB BW because in reality, people might like those kinds of offers, but they won't even use 95% of that.

You can always upgrade your reseller package as you need more bandwidth. Hostgator's largest reseller plan offers 1400GB of bandwidth. Once you get near the upper limit, you can continue the upgrade path to a VPS or dedicated server. But as emckai mentioned, most websites don't use too much bandwidth.

As for estimating bandwidth usage, you can multiply the number of pageviews by the average page size (including css, images, it may call), but because of caching this will probably be higher than the actual bandwidth used. In order to get an accurate figure, you would really need access to the website's control panel to view the bandwidth usage.
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

Quote Originally Posted by BrettB View Post
    You can always upgrade your reseller package as you need more bandwidth. Hostgator's largest reseller plan offers 1400GB of bandwidth. Once you get near the upper limit, you can continue the upgrade path to a VPS or dedicated server. But as emckai mentioned, most websites don't use too much bandwidth.

As for estimating bandwidth usage, you can multiply the number of pageviews by the average page size (including css, images, it may call), but because of caching this will probably be higher than the actual bandwidth used. In order to get an accurate figure, you would really need access to the website's control panel to view the bandwidth usage.
    If you were to get HostGators largest reseller plan, you will probably get able to host around 100-200 clients with that.

I've seen some of my friends wasting all of their space and bandwidth and was only able to host about 40-80 clients. Waste of money and space.

If you are just starting out, you probably wouldn't need to start on their highest plan. Most providers (including HG I'm sure) have scalability solutions so it is not difficult at all to upgrade your account as needed
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Hi, if you need free billing, free ssl and end user support, please check ezpzhosting. They have 25% off and free upgrade promotional at this moment. Please reseller offer section to get more details.
    ExonHost - In Business Since 2009 - 24/7 Real Support | Multiple Locations
    █ NVMe SSD | cPanel | LiteSpeed - Accelerate Your Website, Maximum Performance!

Hi there,

I have been a client of K-Disk for some time now, and I've had nothing but good uptime and value for money. Whatever you decide, just make sure to check each web host properly, and check for positive reviews from others. There are a lot of people out there who choose to go with cheaper hosts, such as Santrex - which you must stay away from. They have a lot of bad reviews on here.

Good luck on the search for a host.

I probably wouldn't recommend Host Gator. I have used their reseller in the past. I think it's a bit overpriced. As far as your concerns with only 500GB of bandwidth, 500GB will be more than enough for a startup. Also, if you're on a reseller it would be very easy to upgrade until you get to the point where you will need a VPS.

Not to alarm you but at the pricing your paying you can even afford a vps with cpanel. 25$ a month can easily get you a good vps from a datacenter (directly) such as Burst or such. If you have such a good budget I would recommend upscaling to a vps directly or LOWERING your budget and starting with a much smaller reseller package.

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    If you are just starting out, you probably wouldn't need to start on their highest plan. Most providers (including HG I'm sure) have scalability solutions so it is not difficult at all to upgrade your account as needed
    True, when you first start out as a reseller, you should always purchase the lowest hosting plan from like HostGator.
    Because you will have the extra space and won't be using it all. Plus you'll be spending more money on the reseller.

A lot of providers like, HG, Eleven2, InnoHost, SharkSpace, etc. You can just contact their customer support and then upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by indya View Post
    Not to alarm you but at the pricing your paying you can even afford a vps with cpanel. 25$ a month can easily get you a good vps from a datacenter (directly) such as Burst or such. If you have such a good budget I would recommend upscaling to a vps directly or LOWERING your budget and starting with a much smaller reseller package.
    That may be true, even though VPS gives you much lower resources such as space and bandwidth.

Not big deal because you won't need that much space and bw to begin with.

HI

Dont Worry about the bandwidths , as in my experience , a 150+sites hosted server by me hardly used 1000GB bandwidth.

As a reseller, you can provide only shared accounts and mostly this shared sites only generate very less bandwidths.( excluding those sites like rapdidleech and other high server usage scripts )

Always you can upgrade to high plans or move out to own VPS or dedi as you grow.

Thanks
    reloadIN - Onshore & Offshore Web Hosting Solution
    VPS | DEDICATED | CLOUD | VPN SERVERS
    █ Server Location - USA|RUSSIA|GERMANY|NETHERLANDS|INDIA

I recommend Hostdime or Surpasshosting.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

Hostgator is very reputed host and the plan you are thinking, should be enough you for first six months atleast. When you grow larger, you can always upgrade.
    ►ExpertWebHost.NET- Instant reliable hosting since 2008+
    ►Quality Shared, Reseller, SEO and VPS hosting
    ►Choose to host from US/Uk/Canada/Singapore/Netherlands/Australia - 10 locations

no doubt hostgator remains the top pick for reseller hosting as well...