what do you think of ipage.com

Hi,
    I found this hosting company ipage.com and I like their prices but I dont like to put my visa there also although they provide paypal payment but it is not available in my country. Please advise

If there are other in the same pricing offer please let me know.

Thanks

I think they should be avoided due to sluggish servers and substandard uptime. I don't think there should be any real worry about using a VISA card with them though. They're a big known company, not a scam, even though some might call them that due to their service's lack of quality.

If you do decide to use them, try to close the tab during ordering. You might be presented with a coupon giving you a nice discount. This trick works at a number of hosts actually.

I think they should be avoided.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

We just moved a site from them and can say they definitely have substandard uptimes. The more concerning thing was the servers. For whatever reason, poor hardware, overloaded, bad network...everything just seemed extremely slow.
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting
    Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of assistance with anything.
    e: sajan@parikh.io | w: sajan.io
    Give me a call at (262) 343-5973.

Thanks alot

Any alternatives ? - any one know a good hosting that gives $3/mo + free domain ?

what do you thin of this: sitevalley.com and "newbie" plan
    Last edited by adneo; 06-27-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adneo View Post
    Thanks alot

Any alternatives ? - any one know a good hosting that gives $3/mo + free domain ?
    What is it that you are hosting? You may need to raise your budget a bit. I can't think a single $3-5/mo host that doesn't have a negative reputation.

Then as far as 'unlimited' providers go, HostGator is the ONLY one that I've had and seen good experiences with.
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting

Thanks sajanNOPPIX and sitevalley.com ?

I am hosting only a wordpress blog with stream music

about ipage.com is it possible that they are doing better now ?

Thanks sajanNOPPIX and sitevalley.com ?

I am hosting only a wordpress blog with stream music

I'm sure it's possible. I can't speak to that though.

Can I ask what attracted you to iPage or SiteValley in the first place?

design of the site + monthly fees + free domains I have a limited budget for now

I recommend you run a search on google for "my experiences with ipage" and also "bad experiences with Ipage". Always interesting to read what people are saying (both good and bad). Generally speaking if you hear more negative than positive, then chances are you will probably have a bad experience (just really depends I guess, but anytime you go with a provider who claims to offer unlimited diskspace, you are rolling the dice).

Either way, best of luck!
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

design of the site + monthly fees + free domains I have a limited budget for now
    Let's tackle some of that...

1.) Design of the site - If you are referring to the 'Sitebuilders' they offer, let me be the first to tell you to avoid them.

Why? I've yet to see a single sitebuilder produce anything of quality. In fact, the outdated and 1990s designs you'll get from those will most likely hurt your business/site.

If you meant something else, let me know.

2.) Monthly fees - You've got to understand that just because there ARE providers offers A hosting service at $3/mo, doesn't mean that's the 'standard' price. If you want quality service, test out response times, server speeds, and the general attitude of the company. Sure, legitimate companies providing the service at $3/mo may exist. However, in all honesty, you might have to increase your budget just a bit.

3.) Domains - NEVER. Unless you have a strong relationship with the company, never register your domains from the same $3/mo hosting company that is giving you non-existent unlimited space.

Why? You will almost always run into problems when you want to move your domain elsewhere. The LAST thing you ever want is to lose control over a domain name of an established business or website. Although the regulations and protocols have changed favorably recently, it's best to choose a domain name provider separate from any hosting service. I'd reccomend Namecheap for that.
    --------------------------------

With that said, try to figure out what your needs are in terms of disk space and bandwidth. I can guarantee you that you will not use 'unlimited.' Then, instead of subsidizing other large sites on your network, find a provider where that same dollar can go toward service and reliability.

EDIT: I just realized that you may be attracted to the design of THEIR website.

If THAT's the case, you need to completely rethink what you're looking for in a provider.

Any 15 year old kid can come up and pay $800 for an extremely amazing website design. That doesn't mean there is anything there to back it up.

Not saying it's not a good indicator of how they brand themselves, or saying that excludes them from providing a great service. I'm just saying it's not indicative of that.

As far as I know, iPage is a trustworthy company (they won't screw you over) BUT their servers are VERY slow.

The only two companies I personally recommend are StableHost and HostGator. Try them (I use StableHost myself).

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    If you do decide to use them, try to close the tab during ordering. You might be presented with a coupon giving you a nice discount. This trick works at a number of hosts actually.
    I believe any company which does this is untrustworthy. It's worst than Billy Mays' "CALL IN THE NEXT 15 MINUTES, AND WE WILL THROW IN A SECOND BOX OF OXY-CLEAN COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE! Just pay shipping and handling."

I would suggest go with Fatcow since they're the same company and you can save more with fatcow.

Quote Originally Posted by Appdeveloper View Post
    Billy Mays' "CALL IN THE NEXT 15 MINUTES, AND WE WILL THROW IN A SECOND BOX OF OXY-CLEAN COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE! Just pay shipping and handling."
    Hey! Billy Mays was awesome. That is all.

thanks alot for all advices

http://www.topwebhostreview.net/editor/ipage-review/

I think they have a great chance to win me all life

I well buy a shared host from them today if god say that.