ASP, MSSQL + Help Moving

Hi,

I just completed a request for this, but I thought I would try my luck and see if anyone can help right away.

I have a site that uses .asp and mssql and I need to move it right away. I'm not overly familiar with .asp and mssql so I'd much rather not touch it. My client says they can provide all the files from the site. We'd only need a 100 MB+ and maybe a gig of bandwidth at most.

Is there anyone out there that could provide this? The budget for this is around the $6-$10/month range.

You will need to get a copy of MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager which is a free tool that comes packaged with MS SQL 2000. Then sign up for a web hosting account on Windows servers and also order MS SQL 2000 database. Then import your clients SQL database to your new database account and upload your asp files to the web server. Then edit the SQL connection string to use the new SQL database account information rather than the old and you should be all set once the domain resolves to the new server.

See our ASP connection string and SQL tutorials at
    http://www.1planhost.com/tutorials/database.asp
    for screen shots and more information.

Some hosts will upload your SQL db for you if requested. However I would highly recomend getting familiar with Enterprise Manager since it will be useful to manage your db, perform backups and clear transaction logs.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!
    Darrell Williams, CEO
    WebWeavers Internet Services

There are lots of low-cost MS SQL hosts these days. FindMyHosting MSSQL list:
    http://www.findmyhosting.com/searchr...y=7&sid=702483

I would recommend 1planhost.com. You can look at my review at Review.

If the asp program is well structured (didn't put connection string in every page), maybe I can help you out. Please send me email if you are interested.

Good luck!
    Web-based database Developer

Thank you very much liudoc for the review and endorsement! I just read it and posted a response. We enjoy serving you and your web sites and look forward to many years to come.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!
    Darrell Williams, CEO
    WebWeavers Internet Services