Managed Hosting - PLESK

Is there any Managed hosting company who offer pricing on following terms (independent to hardware specs):

- Initial set up Plesk (linux, gmail, php, mysql,...)
    - Avalable to provide support, if/when required, because I am a PLESK user (then Linux command user), there I guess support would perhaps include only to apply patches, which comes over the time.
    - I guess for backup, PLESK has some FTP based script which can do backup by itself to any remote server at a scheduled time.

Hardware:

Managed Hosting provide various pricing based upon hardware. I am thiking to invest upfront on hardware/RAM and have that shipped to their datacenter (or buy from them at Data Center). I feel in $500-$800 one can buy a very good hardware.

Sole purpose is to reduce monthly cost by putting money in hardware upfront. Do you think - price can come down to $40-60 per month with the above?

Is following price workable?

a) Hardware: $500-$800 one time
    b) Colocation: $20-$40 per month
    c) Support Service provider: $20-30 per month

or I am missing some elements?

Please suggest.

Thanks.

If you want quality you need to double all of those prices, at least ...

Colocation is by no means that cheap.

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

I am stunned at the prices you listed .. it isnt so cheap .. also you didnt mentioned the country . nor the Uplink/Download Port for data transfer.

Yeah the pricing for COLO doesnt sound anywhere close to quality hosting!
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

> also you didnt mentioned the country . nor the Uplink/Download Port for data transfer.

Country: US and others, whatever standard [minimum] to get a lower price possible, being not a big bandwidth consumer.

What could be minimum price range for colo...$40-$60 per month?

I do not think colo is unavoidable when having own box.

If colo cost is increasing overall cost, then, can by having ev1's - $99 plus adding support service provider ($20-$30 per month) one can have quality managed hosting? Though in this case one has to go back and use hardware offered by Ev1. Original idea was to invest on hardware upfront and that should not be part of [per month] pricing

Any other way to reduce managed hosting per month cost?

Quote Originally Posted by jpaul
    > also you didnt mentioned the country . nor the Uplink/Download Port for data transfer.

Country: US and others, whatever standard [minimum] to get a lower price possible, being not a big bandwidth consumer.

What could be minimum price range for colo...$40-$60 per month?

I do not think colo is unavoidable when having own box.

If colo cost is increasing overall cost, then, can by having ev1's - $99 plus adding support service provider ($20-$30 per month) one can have quality managed hosting? Though in this case one has to go back and use hardware offered by Ev1. Original idea was to invest on hardware upfront and that should not be part of [per month] pricing

Any other way to reduce managed hosting per month cost?
    $20-30 for management? Managed hosting on a celeron in a cookie cutter data center, and cookie cutter server management is certainly ideal!

Hello,

There are many datacenters available that provides net linux with plesk control panel. The most hosting company prefers EV1 servers datacenter. They provide good servers with good hardware and also with linux and plesk control panel.

EV1 servers is the pioneer datacenter and has provided a base for most of the hosting company.

Thank you.

Regards,

If I go with EV1 (linux + PLESK) - $99 per month. I guess that is still UNMANAGED.

Going through EV1 for monthly support (MANAGED OPTION) will be costly.

If I pay another $20-$30 per month to a support providing company - Can it be called a Managed Hosting?

Could there be any other cost beyond $120-130 per month?