Peak10.com - Florida Based

Hey, my company is currently considering peak 10 as a possible co-location point of interest. I was wondering if anyone had hosted or colocated with them before.

http://www.peak10.com

The obvious advantage is that we too are florida base, and we would have 24/7 access to the hardware so we can gets things up and running should their be a problem.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Nice question, I came upon this provider too. Someone mentioned that they are a small and caring company, with a good network. And they have a 100% network uptime guarantee! (http://www.peak10.com/infrastructure/).

That's what I know from just visiting, let's see what their customers have to say
    Wordpress website builder (Build Your Own Money Site) and hosting enthusiast. I test cloud hosters for speed :-). Currently working on HIPAA HQ, Let's Grind Some Coffee and Build Your Own Web Store.

I currently have colo space and bandwidth throught Peak 10's Jacksonville Data Center and they sre superb. Very Proactive. Fast network and so far, no downtime at all. They have had a couple of DDOS attacks which slowed things down a bit but I had an emergency email in my inbox about the DDOS within 5 minutes. It was resolved and traffic was back to normal within a few minutes.

All I can say is at least check these guys out. I do not think you will be dissapointed

Fell free to ask me specifics if you like

Thanks for the reply Jax.

Well my main concern with them is

a. Price
    b. network selection (1/2 T1, T1 etc.)
    c. Options they might grant

If you could give me feedback maybe on your deal with them it would help me evaluate\asset what we get\not get.

They offer any bandwidth you may need up to 100m . All bandwidth is based on the burstable method. They take the standard 5 minute readings and at the end of the month they knock off the top 5% and only charge you for the other 95%.
    That basically means you can burst to 100m for approx 3 days of every month and only get charged for your contracted amount as long as the bottom 95% are within your contracted amount

They offer any type space you need as well. Full cab, partial cab, cages, bring your own rack or cab and suites.

There prices are on par with most other companies. As for options they do not offer too much. What kind of option were you looking for ( firewall, backup).

The main reason I chose them was there quality network, support and location. I live in Jax so it is easy to go visit a sick server if you need to. The location I am in is also very secure with code, card and fingerprint entry points. They also have plenty of cameras watching over you.

Hope that helps

We're also in the Jax facility.

If you haven't contacted them yet, call them at 904-279-1777 and ask for Allen Skipper (ext 224). He treats us really well.

As far as price goes, they are a bit more expensive than the offers you see here on WHT, but they are reasonable, especially with larger commits.

As far as options, they offer pretty much anything I've needed (except IPv6 ). They have backup solutions, firewall solutions, and a whole host of other enterprise solutions.

If you have any questions about them, feel free to drop me an email.

Thumbs up to Peak-10.
    Alex Llera
    Professional Server Management
    FreeBSD|Linux|HSphere|Cpanel|Plesk

I toured the facility here in Tampa where I am and I must say it is nice. They obtained the facility from a failed telecom and made a killing on the purchase.

A gripe I did have was price. I couldn't commit to large bandwidth numbers as I was just starting out on my own and I thought that $4.00 per gig was excessive when I can purchase it at $2.00 to $.50 per gig in towntown Tampa. Also, I was in need of a manged server (someone with linux/cpanel knowledge in case I needed it till I became proficent) and this was not offered.

"IF" I recall correctly, they are/were connected via Time Warner's (Bright House) Sonet rings (2 sets). At the time, this lead me to believe that all peering was through these rings and thus little redundancy via other circuits. In all fairness to Peak10, this was my understanding THEN and things could have changed since.

Travis

We are in the process of moving all operations to Peak10/Jax, and they've been exceptional in working with us to coordinate the things we need and the increasing bandwith we require as more sites are migrated. They are fast, professional, and have excellent communications, from the head office to the local facility. The bandwidth is a bit pricy for lower commit levels, but that's to be expected - and they aren't competing on price like some other places, anyway.
    Last edited by Annette; 05-02-2003 at 03:33 PM.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    Superior service. Sensible price.

We use Peak 10 for our hosting company, and I have to say that they have been pretty good. They have bent over backwards to give us support and seem to have a pretty good staff. We really like them and also use the Tampa facility.