Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    Your phone problem is solved. The rest, seek counseling...WHT isn't the place to get help with that.

--Tina
    Don't worry, I did'nt come here for *that* kind of help anyway. I only came here to seek assistance on a viable substitute for caller ID - a problem which I ended up resolving on my own after listening to people make the same suggestions over and over again that I already stated in my original post, were not feasable.

- Good day, DDG
    Last edited by dr_doolittle_guy; 09-29-2006 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by e-places
    If you can't afford $2.00 a month for caller id the phone calls are the least of your problems
    Whoa...did you even read my prevous post??. I never indicated that I could not afford caller ID. I simply stated that I had spent enough money already and did not feel that I should have to spend any more. Incidentally, caller ID is NOT "$2.00 per month" (more like $14.00 where we live).

Buh-Bye, DDG

Quote Originally Posted by dr_doolittle_guy
    Whoa...did you even read my prevous post??. I never indicated that I could not afford caller ID. I simply stated that I had spent enough money already and did not feel that I should have to spend any more. Incidentally, caller ID is NOT "$2.00 per month" (more like $14.00 where we live).

Buh-Bye, DDG
    Don't mind some of the people in this thread, they get kicks from being jerks to others.

I feel for you doolittle but to be fair, if you dont want to change your number or get caller ID, what free magical solution do you want from us?

I can resist everything but temptation - Oscar Wilde
    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man - Dr. Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza The Greek
    I feel for you doolittle but to be fair, if you dont want to change your number or get caller ID, what free magical solution do you want from us?
    The one I suggested is free -- a police report and a restraining order.
    Big things coming soon

". It is a family member so I'm not going to just "run screaming and crying" to the police or have my phone tapped, etc. I love this family member but at least for now, I just need some "distance" between them and me"

I dont think he want to go down this route. This is why I think he is being too expecting. If you dont want to take the free routes or the paid routes, there are no other routes to go down. Looks like he better start getting on with this family member.

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man - Dr. Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by dr_doolittle_guy
    As I've already stated, I don't want to change my phone number or purchase caller ID, etc. So does anyone here know of any other alternatives?.

- Regards, Dr_doolittle_guy

We pay about £1 more for caller ID
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

Its free on BT in England. You should move here

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H
    The one I suggested is free -- a police report and a restraining order.
    Those are the absolute best things to add to the fire while trying to avoid getting into a "family fight".

Anyway, do help with what you want to do, there are options as mentioned. However, if you are not willing to spend the cash to get these options, theres nothing magical that can be done so you'll have to deal with it.

The free solution would be to unplug your phone, or keep it off the hook. That is the only way to "save" money and not having to buy anything or have your phone service changed... Of course, using your phone would not be possible.

Of course, I have seen this device but it costs about $140 USD (when I saw it), that you install after your phone interface box, (between your phone line and where it goes into the house) that intercepts calls and tells them to enter their passcode. The phone will only ring when someone has succesfully entered the passcode, else the device hangs up on them.

While this may not help you specifically, it may give others an idea of stuff thats out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12