Bombaybiz.com - A Fraud company

Bombaybiz.com, a hosting company based in Mumbai has been doing fraud since past few years. They send a letter in the form of a proforma invoice to customers of other web hosting companies and the customers who are non-technical don't understand that Bombaybiz is not their host and end up paying them fearing the website would be down if not renewed. Later, when the domain gets expired, they catch hold of their service providers and only then realise that they have paid to the wrong company. I don't know what Bombaybiz people tell them but definitely they give some wrong information and get the payment from the customer. They have been doing this since last 3-4 years and just today one of my resellers' customer has been the target of them. I just want to tell all the hosting providers in India and hosting and domain resellers to make their customers aware of this fraud and help them secure the domains. This way, neither the host nor the customer will be at loss.
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

never heard of them, will keep an eye out though.. thanks..

This is not just a 3 to 4 years story, I know about this going on for more than 9 years.

Best part is few years back they had sent a similar invoice to me for my main domain.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

I remember they started with my customers in 2005. At one place I read 8 years. We need to educate our customers about these frauds.
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

Bombaybiz

I had registered a domain with network Solutions in 1996 and kept renewing my domain regularly until they hired an affiliate scam company called Bombaybiz.. After registering with them they started asking 6 times the market price to renew my domain.. I paid them extra cause they just wouldn't unlock my domain.. Last year I sent several emails requesting them to unlock my domain mut they just wouldn't' unlock.. they asked me to wait for 45 days post expiry and it would get unlicked.. the very next day they sold the domain to their partner company and asked me $1500 to renew my domain.. They're such a bunch of thieves .. I wonder how such companies keep scamming people..

Any one registered any case to police? If you have enough proof why don't people give a case against them to police?

Quote Originally Posted by ArvinTucker View Post
    I had registered a domain with network Solutions in 1996 and kept renewing my domain regularly until they hired an affiliate scam company called Bombaybiz.. .
    What makes you think that Bombaybiz is an affiliate company of Network Solutions?

I can see no evidence of that whatsoever. They have registered their domain name through Network Solutions, just like millions of other people. They are using Networks Solutions' name servers - again, just like lots of other people. From the Whois I cannot see any relationship between the two companies, other than Bombaybiz being a customer of Network Solutions.

From the sound of it they are just some random web hosting company in India - and it sounds like they do what the likes of Domain Registry of America do, they try to steal other companies' customers by sending out what looks like a renewal invoice but is in fact (if you look at the small print) an invitation to change providers. You obviously fell for it - but don't blame Network Solutions, it's got absolutely nothing to do with them.

BombayBiz

But they did register through network Solutions and i did send several requests to network solutions too last year but they kept referring me back to their affiliate and wrote stating they're the affiliate partner.. and will have to go through only them..

BombayBiz

I am filing a police complaint against them and i do have proof of several emails sent by me to them requesting them to unlock my domain..

Quote Originally Posted by andr0meda View Post
    Any one registered any case to police? If you have enough proof why don't people give a case against them to police?
    I am wondering as well. How did they manage to last so long?
    LoopByte
    India Based Dedicated Servers, VPS & Hosting Services

Quote Originally Posted by Lubeca View Post
    From the sound of it they are just some random web hosting company in India - and it sounds like they do what the likes of Domain Registry of America do, they try to steal other companies' customers by sending out what looks like a renewal invoice but is in fact (if you look at the small print) an invitation to change providers. You obviously fell for it - but don't blame Network Solutions, it's got absolutely nothing to do with them.
    I was racking my brain trying to remember the name "Domain Registry of America" when I read the OP. I've probably gotten fifty of those letters from them.

I used to get text messages on my mobile stating... "Your website will stop working and go offline soon if you do not renew your domain, please contact us by replying back to this text message with your website address at the earliest".

I never reverted to them. Don't know whether it is the same company which is in question in this thread.

Anyways, I'm from Mumbai and if anyone needs any kind of help from here than do not hesitate to ask or PM me.