Hey everyone --

Does anyone know of a client out there which would allow users to check their IMAP mail from ONLINE... with full folder support and everything. I know there are a lot out there that support IMAP and just get the Inbox folder -- but I am looking for full folder support.

I see something called "WebMail" (how original) in freescripts/hotscripts which claims to be able to do this. Any luck or word on it?

thanks,
    Alex

I've been playing with SquirrelMail recently. It uses PHP, but doesn't require you compile IMAP support into PHP.

It seems to be really fast..and I like the interface a lot. It does support folders, and has many plug-ins available including a spell-checker. It was very easy to install, also.

It's available from http://www.squirrelmail.org.

You might also check out http://www.horde.org/imp/. It also supports folders, though it's installation is significantly more involved than SquirrelMail's.

I'll add another vote for SquirrelMail - been using it for a couple weeks now, and it seems to work very well.

Are these actually programs that connect to our own IMAP server?? Or, is it its own managed server in itself? I guess what I am trying to say is -- is it a gateway? Or does it store its own files?

Thanks -- your info was very informative.
    Alex

These are mail clients that happen to run on a web server. They act just like you'd expect a regular mail client to - they connect to a mail server, retrieve your messages, etc.