Lately my website has been loading extremely slowly. I talked to my host about it, and they noticed that packets were being dropped, hence the slow connection. So they worked their magic and fixed it; for a few days my website was running just fine. However, then it went back to being slow again.

So I contacted my host, and asked them to look at it. I mentioned that the problem does not seem to be dropped packets this time, but rather I was getting an unusually high MS (I usually get 70-90 and was getting 105-130) when pinging the server. So a system administrator looked at it and told me that a possible reason for the lack of speed is that multiple IPs have multiple connections open to my server. He mentioned that this typically is the case when you host video files; the only problem is that I run a blog and a forum - don't host any videos, or such.

After that he basically just told me it was my problem to deal with and to go ask at Wordpress forums (this response really ticked me off seeing as I still believe it is a network related problem which I can't solve without their help). However, I don't think the problem is at my end - I have been running Wordpress since I started and this lag has only recently happened.

So, my question is am I being DDoS'ed? If so, how can I solve the problem? If not, any ideas as to what could be causing the problem?

Thank you.