Greetings Community,

The hand writing on the wall, has become a reality. We have clients who want VPS, and quickly deployed. I have several questions, and please excuse me if my questions sound uninformed.

Is there a one server solution to have Virtual Clients on?
Here is my concern, We have a server that we strictly dedicated to web hosting, it's a bit of a monster. 2 quad core cpu's with 32 Gig's of Ram, and approximately 6TB of disk space, using 2 RAID's.

Virutal Guests:

Current KVM solutions would require a 3 server configuration according to Parelles.

1. server for Linux based os's (Excluding Free BSD) as the product will not support Free BSD

2. A server for any Windows Based Containers

3. A server to control this mess.

So, it appears we are lookling at between 15-25k to build this out with Parelles or openVZ

Second option:

Using the Xen kernal that is included with Red Hat, we have the ability to Virtalize.

My concern is getting the most for our money.
We installed the Xen modified Kernal and it was a unmitigated disaster, as Xen and cpanels do not have a friendly relationship. It appears to get this working properly we would have to do the following:

* Reinstall the entire OS
* Then Install Xen
* Finally Install cpanels, and they say nice things about god and hope for the best? This would involve bringing the server offline and significant use of man hours, a trip to the data center, unhealthy use of caffeine and nicotine.

This is a server that is live and in production; with active clients.

I'm would appreciate any and all guidance the community could offer, including ditching cpanels in favor of a different hosting automation solution.

Additionally, the Xen process in RHEL 5.3 is very easy to deploy using the gui, but as we know cpanels disables Xwindows, is there a work around for this situation.

Spending thousands of dollars on new hardware bothers me, especially if we don't have the client base to justify such.

seems like we are stuck between a rock and a hard place, or we have missed some important information.

Again, Thanks for any suggestions.

Your Sincerely,
James