Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

StableHost Review

Hello,

This will be my one week review for StableHost. After comparing lots of webhosting companies and reading the feedbacks available on WHT, I decided to stick with them. I plan on reviewing them after 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 12 months.

First, the signup process was very easy and fast. Three minutes after paying I received my account info, and everything was running fine. I bought their Stable plan (5GB disk, 100GB bandwidth) and I paid US$35,22 for a whole year using a coupon offered here in WHT. It's a very good deal for someone who has only four flat-file CMS sites, a blog and a very small Magento store.

I pointed my domains and I uploaded my websites and databases. After configuring my files, I had them all running flawlessly in one hour. Their servers worked really fast. In fact, my websites are running so fast that I'd not believe that I bought solely a shared hosting plan.

Also, they're using one of the latest cPanel 11 versions. It works fast too and it is very user intuitive, but as my previous host did not offer it, I had to read its documentation. I had some questions, so I opened a ticket with low priority. Less than 10 minutes later I got a complete and professional answer.

As an extra, they offer both Softaculous and Installatron, which are very handy. And they are LiteSpeed powered, which makes them faster than normal Apache servers.

The only cons are that they have no live chat nor forums, but I'm not sure they're needed since their tickets are answered very fast. Also, their website is kinda ugly hehe, but that's not a real con.

For now, I can say it was the perfect deal. I'll be back in one month to review it once more.

For validation purposes, one of my domains is onovobrasil.com

I had some questions, so I opened a ticket with low priority. Less than 10 minutes later I got a complete and professional answer.
    Could you please capture your opened ticket?

Thanks for sharing your review with us. Keep us updated.

Jack
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

Glad you have had a good experience with them. Do keep us updated on the status of the review after 3months, 6months, 9months and 12mths.
    Pulse Media Hosting Is One Year Old! - Reseller Promo NOW ON!
    █ • 24x7 Ticket Support • Reseller Coupon: Resell2011
    Look Me Up - KaiOur Uptime
    █ • We R The HeartBeat That Keeps Your Sites Online

I am always happy to see positive reviews

Do update us after 3/6 months. One week is a little too early to tell.
    Find solution to every problem ---> Google.com

Yeah like they say thanks for the review keep us updated. Oh and nice website, onovobrasil.com, very nice.

Thanks for the review

Quote Originally Posted by sirdanni View Post
    Thanks for the review
    Thanks for this. I always like taking note on companies which get great reviews from their clients.

Good to hear that you found a good web host :]
    We'll be expecting another review if possible.

It's always nice to see happy customer
    Thanks for sharing your 1-week experience to us.

The only cons are that they have no live chat nor forums, but I'm not sure they're needed since their tickets are answered very fast. Also, their website is kinda ugly hehe, but that's not a real con.
    Well, in my opinion, ticketing system works just great and more efficient than live chat system.
    Some host providers provide Live Chat only for pre-sales questions (or some basic tech/server info) not for problem solving and/or comprehensive technical issues.

PS: please keep us updated for your next reviews.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

One week is too small period of time. But I think that is enough for the first impression.
    Nice to hear you are with "your" web host.
    Good luck and keep us informed.
    WebIntellects - Fully Managed Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers since1999.
    WebhostGIANT - LOW Cost Hosting

This will be my one week review for StableHost.
    As above ^^ one week really does not give us an overall impression of their services or support - generally after you have been with a company for more than 3 months it then becomes a more valuable review to the community, though all reviews are welcome!
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

It's good to see that you let every reader know the length of your experience with them. I have nothing against initial experience reviews, as long as they're properly marked as such.

In fact, my websites are running so fast that I'd not believe that I bought solely a shared hosting plan.
    The long term performance would be more important. It is quite likely that the server is now in a "still being filled" state. The load placed on the server is likely to increase for a while as new customers are added, and they move their sites over.

thx nice man

Quote Originally Posted by pulsemediahosting View Post
    Glad you have had a good experience with them. Do keep us updated on the status of the review after 3months, 6months, 9months and 12mths.
    Surely I'll, I've already scheduled the days of my next reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by WebCobra View Post
    Yeah like they say thanks for the review keep us updated. Oh and nice website, onovobrasil.com, very nice.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    It's good to see that you let every reader know the length of your experience with them. I have nothing against initial experience reviews, as long as they're properly marked as such.

The long term performance would be more important. It is quite likely that the server is now in a "still being filled" state. The load placed on the server is likely to increase for a while as new customers are added, and they move their sites over.
    Yeap ldcdc, I know that the server is fast because its load is low now, and that may change in the future. That's why I'll review it again a couple of times in the next months, so everyone will be able to follow how the services were and what they became.

Thanks for your review!

StableHost is really stable among hosting companies. I have many accounts with them and i can tell that their support is fast and helpful.

And, the price is good.

I am not sure, how big they are but, i have noticed that whenever things grow big, they go out of control and support team becomes slow.

So far, very good. I have had no issues for the past two months with them.
    Get Best Prices for Domains - Secure payments via paypal using the Resellerclub interface. Sub Resellers invited. Hosting Companies i DON'T recommend anymore: MDDHosting, Hostgator, DownTownHost.

Seems like you had a good start with them. And I think you are happy and they are keeping you happy and I hope it will be like that in future. Thanks for sharing your experience with them. And also keep us posted in future

I'm currently gathering information about various website hosting providers for comparison, so thanks for the review. Looks as though you've started off in a positive manner (too early to tell, I know) it'll be interesting to see what the follow up to this is in another few months.

Quote Originally Posted by gdtechind View Post
    StableHost is really stable among hosting companies. I have many accounts with them and i can tell that their support is fast and helpful.

And, the price is good.

I am not sure, how big they are but, i have noticed that whenever things grow big, they go out of control and support team becomes slow.

So far, very good. I have had no issues for the past two months with them.
    We're a good sized operation... One thing that has always helped us we have enough (if not way too many) support people therefore support response times hopefully will never be an issue.

Thanks for your kind words!

My experience with them was quite good. Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    One thing that has always helped us we have enough (if not way too many) support people therefore support response times hopefully will never be an issue.
    Well well well...

I know this is not a right place for individual complains, BUT you have a server that is 30+ hours offline, AT THE VERY LEAST; and a ticket about this that is not replied for 90+ minutes now.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

I bought their Stable plan (5GB disk, 100GB bandwidth) and I paid US$35,22 for a whole year using a coupon offered here in WHT. It's a very good deal for someone who has only four flat-file CMS sites, a blog and a very small Magento store.
    Was this a recurring discount or a one-time discount? Glad to hear your initial experience, hopefully you will come back to update this in a few months with a more in-depth review

Well well well...

I know this is not a right place for individual complains, BUT you have a server that is 30+ hours offline, AT THE VERY LEAST; and a ticket about this that is not replied for 90+ minutes now.
    You can create a separate thread for your own review, not nice to spoil others review. You can create a thread with a complaint, negative review or a positive one, WHT welcomes all

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh View Post
    My experience with them was quite good. Until now.

Well well well...

Hi Stan -

We haven't had any servers that were down for 30 hours, let alone 30 minutes. Can you please give us your ticket number so we can investigate?

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    Hi Stan -

We haven't had any servers that were down for 30 hours, let alone 30 minutes. Can you please give us your ticket number so we can investigate?
    The ticket is 542887.

However, this has been solved; after few misunderstandings both sides. It appears that I haven't received the message where StableHost advised of the IP change. So, after few emails this became clear and solved.

I would like to apologize OP for taking over his thread.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Quote Originally Posted by WireNine View Post
    Was this a recurring discount or a one-time discount? Glad to hear your initial experience, hopefully you will come back to update this in a few months with a more in-depth review
    I paid US$32.73 for their Stable Plan with a recurring discount of 50%, using the coupon offered in WebHostingTalk. The normal price was US$5.95/month, US$65.45/year. I also paid a one time fee of US$2.50 to have SSH Access - which I did not use until now hehe. The total was US$35.22.

In two weeks I'll be back to review them again. And I'm still satisfied, my robots did not catch any downtime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast