View Poll Results: Would you partipate in the referral program?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 75.00%
  • No

1 25.00%
  • Maybe... if the price was right

0 0%
  • Undecided

0 0%

$25 referral program

I'm still working on this referral program and I want to get some feedback. If I was to offer a $25 referral program would you do it? Basically if a person purchases a package thats $8.95 a month or so in and stay with us for 3 months you get $25 per referral. Do you think this would be a good way to bring in customers?
    Kerry Jones

might invite spammers...

On top, the person has to stay with you for 3 months before I get the $25 referral fee?

What if your service is sorry... I'm out pounding the street getting referrals for nothing.

No, I'm not downing your idea... I'm putting in my train of thought... which is not always right... but it is my train...
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Sure, go for it if you can afford the loss of money for the first three months when someone signs up with the program.

Originally posted by hekwu
    might invite spammers...

On top, the person has to stay with you for 3 months before I get the $25 referral fee?

What if your service is sorry... I'm out pounding the street getting referrals for nothing.

No, I'm not downing your idea... I'm putting in my train of thought... which is not always right... but it is my train...

Well, basically you would be getting the first 3 months payment in a way. If you add it up we would be making a $1.85 in 3 months.

I can assure you the service won't be sorry once we have everything setup. What would go wrong with e-mail support, instant messaging, helpdesk, toll free number, etc.

Well, think about it this way. If you were to referral 4 people in a month and in 3 months you will probably get $100. Would it be worth the risk? of course . If you keep referring people it just adds up.

8 people = $200
    16 people= $400
    32 people= $800

In the long shot we could very well be getting a long term customer.
    Kerry Jones

Kerry... I was not calling your service "sorry" ... I don't know you or your service... I'm coming from a point of a potential client or person who would refer people. When I join a program I want instant money for the people I put in... I don't trust companies 3 months down the line, what is keeping them from coming back and saying "well the people you sent, stopped last month... you don't get a dime".

This is not a personal attack... I'm looking at this from that point of view... The "what ifs" if you will.

Then keeping track of all of this... ... I like automatic, I have another life outside the web.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Sounds great to me.

Have a look at the thinkhost.com affiliate program to get some ideas. ( I like their backend very much).