how to make my wordpress’s buddypress site go live ?

i had just finished all the editing stuff for my wordpress’s buddypress site on my local machine and today i been to 2 web hosting services provided they made me uncomfortable by saying that we ll only provide the space on server and a cpanel through which u can upload and make ur site live …bt to do that u hav to upload all ur files …u hav to create db ….and set user permission etc etc ….bt i had never done this before ..now is there any one who can help me with this …? (i m in mumbai , india)

u mean u created a wordpress site offline? i do wordpress installation both manual and via fantastico which i know you need to do a manual installation since you already have the site. Maybe I can help but I'm not sure.

upload files

add database
    import database from your local .sql file

edit wpconfig php

done.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    upload files

add database
    import database from your local .sql file

edit wpconfig php

done.
    It's not that easy for him because he don't know about cpanel yet so he really needs someone to guide him step-by-step.

Quote Originally Posted by ivounnerry View Post
    It's not that easy for him because he don't know about cpanel yet so he really needs someone to guide him step-by-step.
    ya u r right bt i got 1 page " http://www.edtechswami.com/step-by-s...1/#comment-851 " but it shows how to install fresh wordpress and buddypress on server , so then i have to install all the plugin again and theme too and also i have to edit the footer of the theme and upload my logo at login page and at dashboard...another thing is i dont have .sql files in my wordpress folder i m accesing my wordpress and its db frm webmetrix and i can also access db from " mysql command line client " now how to bring " .sql " files frm sql and how to upload all the edited files to server that is the thing ....if u can provide the step by step guide ll be grt
    thnx

I think the best way is to contact your hosting company for assistance and agree you would like to pay some fee for the service. it would be a little hard for your to deal with all the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by naved View Post
    ya u r right bt i got 1 page " http://www.edtechswami.com/step-by-s...1/#comment-851 " but it shows how to install fresh wordpress and buddypress on server , so then i have to install all the plugin again and theme too and also i have to edit the footer of the theme and upload my logo at login page and at dashboard...another thing is i dont have .sql files in my wordpress folder i m accesing my wordpress and its db frm webmetrix and i can also access db from " mysql command line client " now how to bring " .sql " files frm sql and how to upload all the edited files to server that is the thing ....if u can provide the step by step guide ll be grt
    thnx
    Its a little different to move a setup from your home computer to one on the web. This isn't the fastest, or the "easiest" if you know how to do things already, but this will work.

1. Create a fresh Wordpress installation on your new hosting account, using the same user name and password. Install the Buddypress plugin.

2. For your theme, if you have made any modifications to it, use an FTP program like FileZilla, and upload the theme folder from your local drive to the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your web account. If it was un-modified, just install it again from within Wordpress.

3. For your database: If you used a linux emulation on a Windows PC, it should have phpMyAdmin installed with the package, or you can do it from the command line (there's even a plug in that exports your database from within Wordpress). There is a step by step guide to doing it at Wordpress. You can follow those instructions to save a "backup" or "dump" of the database on your local machine. Once that is done, you return to the webhost, log into cPanel, and use phpMyAdmin to import the SQL file into your web account's MySql database (at the bottom of that page it tells how to "restore" your database).

That should get you most of the way there.

uploading and setting up a site is not a difficult task even for a newbie..
    I think you should learn that bcos it will be hlepful for you in the future as well..