Going from managed to unmanaged

Hi, I'm currently using siteground cloud, but thinking of moving to unmanaged cloud and hiring management company.
    Plz help me with my confusion.
    As I understand I buy cloud instance and in one instance I (or somebody) install nginx, cpanel, mysql and APC?
    Database and apc do not need separate instances?

This would be questions for your management company.

It depends on your usage what is the best config

Most management companies support a control panel and it's daemons, such as cPanel and then they manage cPanel's LAMP stack.

If you want to have a custom stack with no control panel, then management is going to cost more as you're going to need more competent admins.
    Justin Yancey | Northern Virginia & District of Columbia | https://www.linkedin.com/in/justinyancey

Cpanel has lots of documentation, as well as the opportunity for paid support straight from cpanel ($ per ticket), if you're in an emergency.
    Stack Star | Shift8 Web
    ★ Managed VPS Hosting ★ Managed Wordpress Hosting ★ Managed Dedicated Hosting ★ Web Development ★ Web Design
    Managed Wordpress Hosting Web Design Toronto

I'm sorry but I don't seem to find a logic behind leaving a managed service provider and switching over to an unmanaged host, then hiring a management company to manage your Cloud. Though I'm sure there'd be a valid reason for that, could you please help us understand the reason behind such a decision?
    WebHosting.UK.com - WHUK :: cPanel Hosting | Windows Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Cloud Hosting
    Dedicated Servers in UK by WHUK - Fully Managed UK dedicated servers with 24x7x365 Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh-A View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't seem to find a logic behind leaving a managed service provider and switching over to an unmanaged host, then hiring a management company to manage your Cloud. Though I'm sure there'd be a valid reason for that, could you please help us understand the reason behind such a decision?
    I second this.

check around here for server management coz the are also there to answer any of your questions

Quote Originally Posted by KonstantinDK View Post
    Database and apc do not need separate instances?
    FYI, APC is built-in to PHP (an extension). APC has no 'instance' or separate process on the machine.

I really think you should stick with a managed host that meets your requirements.
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | DDOS Protected | Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters

If you don't have any issue with what host is providing currently, Do not do it if its just to save some money. I've seen some people run from hosting company to management company because when something goes wrong they put the blame on each other. You are better of with sticking to your current managed hosting company if there is no issue with them
    Crypracks.com | Premium Bare Metal Servers at Budget
    Powerful Dedicated Servers and VPS servers | Instant Setup
    Quote ? - Sales @ Crypracks.com

If you don't have too much of work to be done, you could get administration support alone for price starting at 20 USD from various support companies.

If you do not experience any issue or problem with siteground, then I would stay.

There is a saying: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Guys, thanks all for answering, but this thread grew and lasted much more then I intended.

I curently have linode $40 VPS and performance is epic, I'm also using xieles.com $70 for admin management.
    The price is about the same or better then siteground cloud1 60EUR + perforamnce booster 40EUR.

I'm never using shared for my main website again.

I may post a list of VPS/cloud providers and management companies I looked into, later.
    Last edited by KonstantinDK; 07-28-2014 at 11:33 AM.