Personalized Allocation

Hello all,

I am curious if anyone knows of dedicated ( or even colo I suppose, but this IS the dedicated forum ) providers who also provide VLAN subnet or SWIP services for their customers. This would allow the client to have their own IP allocation, or at least a sub allocation ownership listing.

Anything out there? This adds another level of professionality to us clients

Layered Tech offers Vlan setups. Is this what your looking for?

I'm looking mainly for SWIP ( I read somewhere else that was the same as a "VLAN Subnet"... but the info on the internet can be wrong at times ) service providers. I really like the idea of having my own IP Allocation when a user does a whois of our IPs.

It doesn't matter that they will also see the upstream owner of that IP range, it's just more professional in my opinion to have your own allocation for your business entity.

I think almost all do.

Bah, I seem to have found the one that doesn't then

Has anyone else had experience with this? How many IPs have you had personally allocated?

Well, *technically* ISP's are required to SWIP IP's to their sub-users, but many don't bother (at least at the ded. server level) unless dealing with a sizeable ISP allocation.

However, in a colo scenario, that's almost always the case when you get an allocation of a /24 or larger (255 IP's) and some ISP's will even do it for a smaller block.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

I think the missing piece is you cannot SWIP unless the end user has an ORGID themselves. Note, I am not referring to RDNS I am saying if you want the IP to be listed at ARIN as attached to you which is the SWIP, you need to have an account with ARIN and I find that in most cases people don't have that.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Quote Originally Posted by CoolRaul
    I think the missing piece is you cannot SWIP unless the end user has an ORGID themselves. Note, I am not referring to RDNS I am saying if you want the IP to be listed at ARIN as attached to you which is the SWIP, you need to have an account with ARIN and I find that in most cases people don't have that.
    Actually, you can easily get one - it's free and just takes filling out a form and getting it approved.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    Actually, you can easily get one - it's free and just takes filling out a form and getting it approved.
    I know that is exactly what I am referring to. The issue is that most smaller companies don't know it exists or have one.

To the OP: http://www.arin.net/registration/tem...org-simple.txt.

If you mean that the host should fill it out for you then I understand but in many cases they will request some form of proof of address like an office bill. That is why the end user should do it.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

I see! Thank you for the information here folks! I have found another dedicated provider who will assist me in this matter.