Thread: VPS question

VPS question

I am considering getting a VPS and moving away from my shared hosting. Here is what I host right now:

about 30 domains all together doing ~30 GB of bandwith per month.

1 site is a forum (vb) with 125 members with approximately 50 visitors per day, most active to date was 27 users.

2 toplists (new sites) that use mysql / php with low resources (no more then 1000 monthly visitors)

2 other sites that use mysql / php with - one with ~50 visitors a day, the other a banner exchange with maybe 1000 requests a day.

i plan to open a forum and estimate that it will have around 100 users per day with upto 50 logged in at the same time

how much dedicated ram / dedicated processor speed would i need to handle everything. i am interested in servint vps at this time.

thanks in advance.

You could probably get away with 184mb of ram and 40 processes. Best thing to do is signup with a host that will allow you to upgrade at any time or allow you to add more ram or memory to your current plan. Upgrade as needed.
    Jason T. Dickman - Senior Server Tech
    Cloud Based Solutions, VPS, Linux, Windows, Dedicated
    Our Internet - Your Complete Web Hosting Solution

RAM will be key in perfomance with the listed requirements.
    The more RAM you can get with the package you select, the better suited the package will be to those requirements.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors