Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    I have to agreed with this. Beta Release will be great, also if it's still buggy, at least we know it's true and already in development.

Quote Originally Posted by xanic View Post
    It's been 11 days, and we still don't have a clear date set.

Giving us "free upgrades" to a product that hasn't even been released yet doesn't make sense.

I think we should get at least SOMETHING (demo, beta release, etc.) to prove that this isn't a scam.
    Otherwise, I want a refund.

As stated in the email your welcome to request a copy of the client end at any time. What would be the point of releasing a client end version if we didn't plan to release the admin in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by Apenex Ltd View Post
    Hello,

If you wish to receive a copy of the "client end only" feel free to email us at admin[at]apenex.com and we will provide you with a downloadable version within 8 hours of your request. However we dont recommend using this version as it requires you to change everything via the database. It is good for experimenting with to see all of the features, but requires a manual install at this time.

On a side note we have made major improvements to our script as can be seen here: http://nuclear.apnx.us

These upgrades include:
    - An Announcement System
    - Better Security and Variable Tracking
    - Improved Affiliate Systems
    - A New Link Tracking System
    - A New Traffic Monitoring System
    - Improved Cart Performance
    - Completely Re-Written Error Handling
    - Improved Emailing Systems To Prevent Blank and Useless Emails
    - Improved Template System
    and Many Other Minor Improvements!

We hope that everyone will understand these measures to ensure security and improve upon the product your paying for. We understand that you may be disappointed, but we will be showing a demo of the admin system hopefully before the 23rd of August. I am also going to make a promise to every one of you right here right now, if we fail to deliver our first usable product version before August 30, 2010 I will personally refund all of your payments AND let you keep your licenses without payment. Thus you can rest assured we do in fact care about you and we want you to use our product without feeling ripped off.

Best Regards,
    Nicholas Johnson
    http://apenex.com
    I'm waiting

Quote Originally Posted by SirMarcel View Post
    I'm waiting
    I think Its a SCAM, PayPal give a 45 day money refund, after 45 days...

@OP I am sorry, but its a really look like a Scam
    Dewlance® Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller - US/UK/EU/FRK/CA - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    DemoTiger.com - Buy Demo Videos for your Hosting Company

Then by all means request a refund. As far as I knew paypal offered a 90 day grace period and if you really think its a scam please reclaim your funds now. If I really wanted to pull off a 'scam' why would I still be posting here with updates and improvements on the script (some of which you can see)? It would be pointless. I'd really hoped people would be more patient considering the fact that we've added so much to this script to improve its design and functionality, plus your always welcome to request the old version... How is that a scam? The old version (WITH BUGS AND MANY SECURITY HOLES) has been available for download since the 29th upon request as stated by me in a previous post. Its usable and thus I feel we lived up to our end of the deal, however I don't feel that its secure enough for everyone to use just yet so I'm delaying the main launch date.

If you want a refund because you feel ripped off please, by all means request one, but we provided you with a usable product just as we said we would. We simply asked everyone for a few more days to produce and provide you all with a better version. Very few people had an argument to that.

I hope to have an admin demo available for everyone on our system tomorrow or Friday. Then hopefully you will be willing to agree that the wait was worth it.
    Last edited by Apenex Ltd; 09-01-2010 at 08:40 AM.

If I really wanted to pull off a 'scam' why would I still be posting here with updates and improvements on the script (some of which you can see)? It would be pointless.
    This is what is keeping me from "jumping the gun" per say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamson View Post
    This is what is keeping me from "jumping the gun" per say.
    We appreciate that, thank you for your patience.

how can i download your older version script?

Not bad looks alright could improve the UI of it though. If you need any help with that feel free to contact me.

"It's usable, yet not secure to use" - sorry I don't understand this gibberish.
    Do you have a product ready to be implemented by those who bought it: Yes or No? If no - are you going to keep your promise and give refund and allow people to keep their licence? Yes or No? It's as simple as that

The least he could do is follow through on what he said.
    ~ @PreetamJinka

@kunnusingh
    Simply email admin[at]apenex.com and we'll provide you with a download link.

@SirMarcel
    If people feel that they deserve a refund and a free product by all means request one. We're honest enough to follow through on our claims. I was merely stating that the product could be used, but that it wasn't what we'd like to release. Hopefully you understand where I'm coming from.

--- IMPORTANT! ---
    We're getting really close to a releasable product as such I would like for some of you to use the demo at http://nuclear.apnx.us and see if you can find any major bugs before the release. The more people use the site the easier it will be for us to find and fix bugs. We're pushing to launch before the weekend, which is why I'm up at 1:49 AM working on the script. If you find a bug, PM me here or open a support ticket there...

ok, thanks for the clarification that you're not keeping your word. I expected that much and am very dissapointed by your dishonesty. I'm initiating a charge-back procedure and will make sure every time you advertise here to link back to this topic for everyone to see what kind of company are you

Email send, please give me a download link of old version in email.

@SirMarcel
    Excuse Me? We just offered to give you a refund and let you keep your lisence. I don't see how we're being dishonest, just because you had to request it doesn't mean that we aren't willing to live up to our word. We could have decided to make our policy no refunds or decided to delete your lisence. Instead we decided to follow through on our word so please feel free to link back here.

where is downlo9ad link? i am still not get any reply from your email.

@Apenex Ltd

May I ask a couple of questions please which will help me in deciding whether to make a purchase (or not)?

You post as "Apenex Ltd". This would tend to suggest that you are a registered limited company (at least that is what "Ltd" signifies in the UK). Are you in fact a registered company? If so, where? (What jurisdiction?)

Also, on your purchase screen you state:

We store the last 4 copies of your database so that should something happen your client data is always secure and available for download.
    Where is this stored? Who has access to it? Is it encrypted? Where can I find more details on this please?

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    @Apenex Ltd

May I ask a couple of questions please which will help me in deciding whether to make a purchase (or not)?

You post as "Apenex Ltd". This would tend to suggest that you are a registered limited company (at least that is what "Ltd" signifies in the UK). Are you in fact a registered company? If so, where? (What jurisdiction?)

Also, on your purchase screen you state:

Where is this stored? Who has access to it? Is it encrypted? Where can I find more details on this please?

Many thanks.
    I have just ordered and I to need to know this and as you are
    We store the last 4 copies of your database so that should something happen your client data is always secure and available for download.
    I hope you are listed and registered with the data protection (The Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK) or the USA equivalent?

Well they are not showing within companieshouse.gov.uk
    Last edited by smarty-boots; 09-02-2010 at 11:32 AM.
    Simon
    Solutions With A Smile - Web Development | Domain Names

Anyone have a Old version of this billing script??

24 Hours ago I am send email to OP's provided email, and still I am not get any download link.

@kunnusingh
    Calm down, I haven't checked my email yet. I'll do it here in the next 30 minutes.

As for being a registered company I've been going through the necessary steps with the USA government in the state of Colorado. We should be registered within the state records before the end of the month and have several trade marks and trade names for Apenex, Apenex Ltd and Nuclear Billing. Thanks for asking

As for the database storage, a copy of it is remotely uploaded by our script when it goes to check your lisence via https to our main server. Someone would have to have access to your key, your domain and know the url location of our server (plus create a form equivalent) in order to even upload any database copies.

The database copies are made once per 24 hours if you have a premium lisence. These are stored on the server on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. We don't delete the weekly or the monthly copies of your database, nor do we over-write them. Thus those are secure from hackers.

@kunnusingh
    Calm down, I haven't checked my email yet. I'll do it here in the next 30 minutes.

As for being a registered company I've been going through the necessary steps with the USA government in the state of Colorado. We should be registered within the state records before the end of the month and have several trade marks and trade names for Apenex, Apenex Ltd and Nuclear Billing. Thanks for asking

As for the database storage, a copy of it is remotely uploaded by our script when it goes to check your lisence via https to our main server. Someone would have to have access to your key, your domain and know the url location of our server (plus create a form equivalent) in order to even upload any database copies.

The database copies are made once per 24 hours if you have a premium lisence. These are stored on the server on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. We don't delete the weekly or the monthly copies of your database, nor do we over-write them. Thus those are secure from hackers.
    Yeah im going to run away from this. Why on earth you find it necessary to have a copy of my data is beyond me.

I honestly see no reason this needs to be here. Does anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Host Our Web View Post
    Yeah im going to run away from this. Why on earth you find it necessary to have a copy of my data is beyond me.

I honestly see no reason this needs to be here. Does anyone else?
    Its a backup and you can turn it off at any time. If you order the standard lisence we don't back it up at all. WHMCS has a module similar to this and we felt that with our script being so new that people would enjoy the added security of knowing that if there is a bug and they get hacked they have more than one backup. If it irritates you that much (and other people) we'll offer two versions of the script to premium users. One with the backup script and one without. We don't want to invade anyone's privacy nor do we want to offend anyone by offering this feature.

--- Thanks ---
    I just wanted to thank the people who have PM'd and emailed us bug reports as they have helped to find some minor and a few major bugs which we are in the process of patching now. We're still pushing to launch before the weekend, thanks for your support.
    Last edited by Apenex Ltd; 09-02-2010 at 03:59 PM.

One would think after this many replies that your spellcheck would tell you that you have been spelling license wrong since you started the thread.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, is this automated backup enabled by default? What encryption methods are used, how is it stored, who has access to it, what all information does it contain?

As a new company that has sold licenses yet not delivered a product, the last thing you should be advertising is free backup of client billing information.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
    One would think after this many replies that your spellcheck would tell you that you have been spelling license wrong since you started the thread.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, is this automated backup enabled by default? What encryption methods are used, how is it stored, who has access to it, what all information does it contain?

As a new company that has sold licenses yet not delivered a product, the last thing you should be advertising is free backup of client billing information.
    Spelling isn't my strong point, maybe at some point in the future I'll hire a PR expert who knows how to spell.

The backup in enabled by default for plus licenses and can be shut off via the admin center. It backs up the entire database and uses https to transfer it over to our servers. We offered this "bonus" because it was simple enough to transfer a copy of the database at the same time the script checks to make sure the key is valid. We have it set to only run once per 24 hours. To date no one has mentioned any problem with this being in the script and after these last few posts I'm about to rip it out myself and offer it for separate download to those who want it, that way no one has to worry about their data being compromised unless they want to use the feature.

That would be good "I'm about to rip it out" .
    The other thing is I placed a order and still have not had any email what happens next??
    not even a welcome email odd as the billing script was used I hope it will email my clients when they order?
    You sent a payment of $20.00 USD to Hosting Solutions
    2 Sep 2010 15:49:29 BST
    Last edited by smarty-boots; 09-02-2010 at 04:30 PM.
    Simon
    Solutions With A Smile - Web Development | Domain Names

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast