Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Well at least we know Brian still around He has unlocked the domains on the 19th lol like we care about those we want our files instead.

Hi Brian...
    Everbody makes mistakes but not everbody admits 'em or trys to corect 'em as best they can... Glad thangs are goin better for you... good luck on the 250free thang but dont let it get you down no mater what.!!!

Tim

Repost from 250Free.com and 250Host.com...

Finally have funds together to have the servers turned back on.

Here’s what will happen. I have made an agreement with LiquidWeb to have the servers turned back on. They have agreed to turn the servers on for 28 days once I have paid the requested balance. Right now, I’m only waiting for their reply on how to actually pay the bill.

What this means for you is that you will have nearly one month to retrieve your data and manage your domains. I am one person, and managing this is going to be daunting. It may take a couple days, but I will make sure you have access to the Billing and Account Managers, both at 250Host and 250Free. Please keep in mind that it may take me some time to reply to any new emails or support requests you send, so please try to keep correspondence to immediate issues only.

I cannot offer refunds, because the company simply has no money. I would personally like to continue hosting former paying customers. I’d like to at least offer you the option of hosting the remainder of the service that you have already paid for, and if I can afford to do so, continue hosting any customers that would like to remain, free of hosting fees. This would be done with my personal funds, on my personal time.

My first priority is to help customers gain access to their accounts, and assist with domain renewals and transfers. Under any circumstance, I simply cannot afford to host the vast amount of members that were not paying, at 250Free.com, past this 28 day period. Free members at 250Free.com will have their accounts removed after 28 days. Paid 250Free members, as I mentioned in the previous paragraph, if I can afford to continue hosting your site, I will do so.

- Brian

Hi, Just wanted to let you all know that 250free.com is back online. I just requested a zip file of my entire 250free site. Actually I requested 2 zip file backups. I have a paid account and now I am trying to figure out where to cancel the billing. I'm glad Brian finally followed through with what he said he would do.

Thank you Brian for owning up to your mistakes. I for one, do appreciate being able to get my files back.

Lori

I am absolutely elated to have this chance to save some of my more important (to me) files. Thank you very much Brian. I so appreciate your actions in making this possible.

I am a paying customer of 250free. If you can pull it off, I will be happy to stay. Whatever happens, I (still) wish you well in all your endeavors.

250free.com

ive gotten my stuff out. 250free is up but i dont know for how long.

I've really wanted to say this to Brian for a while. 250free has been a wonderful host for my silly little webpage, I am really sorry that Brian ran into problems, and I wish him well in the future. I wouldn't want to take a refund for my remaining service I had bought even if I could.

And much thanks for the chance to access my account one more time It is helpful.

Willing to stay.

Brian,

If you can pull it off with 250free, I would be willing to stay.

Shouldn't you disable the free option on 250free.com?

Greetings ...

Yes, 250Free is back up - however, I'm not one of those who is worried about files and images. Those were all moved elsewhere quite a while back.

I am worried about my domain name which was registered thru 250Free's Registry Rocket service but is currently pointed to my current host. The name comes for renewal on July 16 2011.

It is my understanding that I need an authorization code to transfer the name over to my present site host. Last Thursday, I submitted a Support Ticket to 250Free.com -AND- have posted a request for assistance on their bulletin board. At present, I'm still waiting for a reply.

While I would like to continue with my current domain name, I am resigned to the fact that I may not get it transferred and will lose it. I won't lose any money here, as the credit card previously used to pay for the current domain name has expired. So, I will go ahead and register a new domain name and begin using that.

That's I have to say about that -- FrankoSport 2011

Well, 250free is gone again.... was hoping for better things for the paid accounts. I am v-e-r-y grateful it came back up for as long as it did. It would be nice to hear from Brian so we could have word whether it is gone for good this time or what.

Well I would wager it is gone for good..

I did try to contact Brian about the possibility of keeping the 250host and 250free sites going when he sorted the initial access with liquidweb but never heard back from him..

Quote Originally Posted by elycomputers View Post
    Well I would wager it is gone for good..
    seems not..
    250host.cóm
    if you go directly to the link you will get a free website host called "find webhosting"
    then press "about this page"

About this site

Founded in 2002, 250Free.com and 250Host.com offered value hosting. Operations ceased in December, 2010 due to financial and management difficulties. This page is intended to help former members find reliable hosting at a fair price.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678