Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Yes and this is my design he has now ripped
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsco View Post
    Yes and this is my design he has now ripped

Going to be hard for him to get out of this one.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FirstNetServ View Post
    Going to be hard for him to get out of this one.
    apparently not FirstNetServ...

Bear? or Staff what is the procedure?
      0 Not allowed!

most definitely shouldn't be getting help from WHT staff.
    Can you point me to that thread? I can't seem to locate one where he's asking for WHMCS design help and a staff member helped. There were one or two that predated this thread having to do with WHMCS, however. Please, show me.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver01 View Post
    Couldn't you as community leader and a peer in this particular circumstance offer this guy some advice and encourage him to remove the content that is not his and was stolen.
    Is he selling said design here? Us asking someone to change content on their site that has nothing to do with WHT (the forum) apart from it being discussed here probably won't happen. It's beyond what we should be responsible for. Rippers exist, and usually get severely and publicly roasted for it, but we can't be expected to "go after" them for doing it. That's up to DMCA's and it's between the ripper and the "rippee".
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

Is he selling said design here? Us asking someone to change content on their site that has nothing to do with WHT (the forum) apart from it being discussed here probably won't happen. It's beyond what we should be responsible for. Rippers exist, and usually get severely and publicly roasted for it, but we can't be expected to "go after" them for doing it. That's up to DMCA's and it's between the ripper and the "rippee".
    No but you are providing him with a platform to trade from, come on bear stop being so politically correct, this sort of thing is ruining the world we need some common sense to prevail. This guy is breaking the law can you not use your discression as a community leader and help stop this kind of thing happening, if not through actions, through advice and discouragement. If he wasn't a member of WHT then I could understand but he is.

Us asking someone to change content on their site that has nothing to do with WHT (the forum) apart from it being discussed here probably won't happen
    I disagree with all due respect, i think that making the meber aware that WHT does not condone these type of actions and that he is jeopardizing his membership here would encourage them to change and would make the majority of honest members here happy
    Last edited by Driver01; 02-11-2010 at 11:26 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Can you point me to that thread? I can't seem to locate one where he's asking for WHMCS design help and a staff member helped. There were one or two that predated this thread having to do with WHMCS, however. Please, show me.
    Sure, it's here, and it's priceless

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=916796
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dila View Post
    Sure, it's here, and it's priceless
    Thanks, but I fail to see why helping someone with a display issue is being associated with a ripped design for his website, so much so that he should then be denied assistance. He may be a design thief, but he hasn't directly broken our rules by doing so. I should think all this public discussion about this will not help him gain any business here.

You have your answer regarding my position on this. There is no "WHT is backing rippers" conspiracy here, it's simply beyond our scope to deal with that by getting directly involved in his legal issues. The victim issuing a DMCA is the resolution. If repeated DMCAs are received by his upstream, maybe they will take notice and act.
    Back on topic, please.
      0 Not allowed!

I can't see why someone who you know is ripping site and you're doing nothing about it, what you're saying is its ok come to wht to find designs to steal.
      0 Not allowed!

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying it is beyond our scope. No proof he used WHT to steal said design, he's not selling it here, and hasn't broken our rules.
    Back on topic, please.
      0 Not allowed!

I can't see why someone who you know is ripping site and you're doing nothing about it, what you're saying is its ok come to wht to find designs to steal.

Hes now removed:

The Mirrored From.
    Last edited by Dan-CKS; 02-11-2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: typo
      0 Not allowed!

Its ok already got a number of copy's showing it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstNetServ View Post
    Hes now removed:

The Mirrored From.
      0 Not allowed!

For nelsco, you can get an example copyright infringement notice here:

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/09/d...ringement.html
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for that.

Waiting for his reply to my email.

Quote Originally Posted by dila View Post
    For nelsco, you can get an example copyright infringement notice here:

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/09/d...ringement.html
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks, but I fail to see why helping someone with a display issue is being associated with a ripped design for his website
    Because it was a display issue with a ripped design, already highlighted in this thread, and by Payton (note the further irony) in the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Payton Designs View Post
    I'm seeing this in your header:

<!-- Mirrored from akdesigner.com/designs/Hosting/Phase77/terms.html by HTTrack Website Copier/3.x [XR&CO'2008], Sat, 28 Nov 2009 22:33:47 GMT -->

Back on topic, please.
    Noted
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry bear but I disagree, you are being asked by the membership here if there is any solution to the growing problem of the Theft/Fraud/Copyright Infringment act of site ripping. You have the ability to terminate any account for any reason that you see fit according to your discression? I could get suspended for posting a couple of one liners to boost my permission level? How would you feel if the site in question was yours? Don't tell me...you would issue the DMCA and the member would still be a member here.
    He is breaking the law. WHT is providing him a platform to promote himself to the public, is this the type of business ethics that WHT wishes to be affiliated with?
      0 Not allowed!

Take it up at the helpdesk before you get this thread locked.

I have a feeling the new ripped HammerHosting design isn't going to stay up for too long.

http://hammerhosting.com/images/logo2.gif

He doesn't do a very good job at covering his tracks.
    Last edited by Btcc22; 02-11-2010 at 12:26 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

<summary>

- AveUgotaWkdSide complains that their current website design had been ripped by clients and states they wish to warn other hosts.
    - ariss and Dougy point out that AveUgotaWkdSide stole the design from AKDesigner's portfolio.

- AveUgotaWkdSide states he paid for the design, however fails to ever provide any proof of this.

- Somewhere along the way caredding is also accused of stealing the design, they provide proof that they paid Payton Designs to create the template.
    - It seems, though has not been proven that Payton Designs ripped the template from AKDesigner, Payton Designs state they are working on the issue with caredding and state it is not how it appears - but as of yet have not provided further details.

- It appears that Phase77 purchased the template from AKDesigner, and have the intellectual property rights as both AveUgotaWkdSide and caredding got DCMA'd, and were forced to take down their sites.

- AveUgotaWkdSide decided go ahead and rip yet another site this time from http://host2design.co.uk.

- Various people inquire as to why AveUgotaWkdSide has not been banned, bear states that it is because he has not broken any forum rules.

</summary>
    Last edited by BTCentral - Ben; 02-11-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Typographical Error
    Ben Thomas, Director - BTCentral Web Development Services
    http://www.btcentral.org.uk - Need a custom Web App? Visit us online.
      0 Not allowed!

Thats not ture

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying it is beyond our scope. No proof he used WHT to steal said design, he's not selling it here, and hasn't broken our rules.
    Back on topic, please.
    this is part of a email he sent

Code:
    Can we make a deal. I am willing to pay you for this design as I like it. I see in your advert you were looking for $50
    That is my advert on here so it was taking from here.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Driver01 View Post
    How would you feel if the site in question was yours? Don't tell me...you would issue the DMCA and the member would still be a member here.
    Yes, in fact that's exactly what would happen. Even if it directly affected me, proper channels towards resolution would still be followed.
    That is my advert on here so it was taking from here.
    You mean this one? http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=922876
    Neither of those design previews looked like the ripped site to me, but if he's offering to buy *a* design from you, then that is resolved?.
      0 Not allowed!

No it's not that its this one
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=896929

and no he is not buying it and still trying to get him to take it down, as he was want to pay it up.
      0 Not allowed!

That changes things, and we've dealt with this.
    </thread> (for now)
      0 Not allowed!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678