VPS compared to Shared hosting of Hostgator

I'm using Hostgator Baby plan hosting dozen of sites and around 8-10,000 daily traffic. I'm happy with everything only that inode count has touched 90,000. With Hostgator shared hosting Cpanel backups will not run if inode count toucher 100,000.

Due to this issue I soon need to move to VPS. I want to go for VPS level-1 with these features(pl. see the attachment).

My question is will my site's performance be at least better if I move to lowest VPS plan due to funding crunch?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Graphic_31-05-2012 10_57_01.jpg  

384mb RAM with Cpanel and an active site of 10,000 Unique Visitors/day? Go for at least level 3.

Do you mean performance(CPU/Mem usage) of shared hosting will be better than that of Level-1 VPS?

Quote Originally Posted by hemanshu View Post
    Do you mean performance(CPU/Mem usage) of shared hosting will be better than that of Level-1 VPS?
    In a shared machine a group of clients are put on a powerful dedicated machine. Your limits are not really specified exactly. But in a VPS you your CPU share and memory are pin-pointed. Open a ticket with HG and ask them which VPS would suit your site the best, they can tell you exactly which one would suffice for your site as they would have more details

Quote Originally Posted by hemanshu View Post
    I'm using Hostgator Baby plan hosting dozen of sites and around 8-10,000 daily traffic. I'm happy with everything only that inode count has touched 90,000. With Hostgator shared hosting Cpanel backups will not run if inode count toucher 100,000.
    If that's your only reason for switching, don't. You're probably getting exceptional value where you are. Will HG let you get another Baby plan on a different server?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

you could buy another baby plan and split your sites between them. or you could buy a reseller package where inodes for each of your sites will be metered individually.
    www.wizardconcepts.com | High quality web design and development agency - India
    Drupal CMS based websites with included hosting & long term support | Awesome Value

Why L-1 ? There is a lot of stability high performance VPS plan price $20, 2-4cores , 1G-2G ram ......