Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

* Tracert - The incredible underground hacker tool!

Greetings,

please apologize if this got posted already, but I nearly spit my coffee on the monitor this morning as I saw it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmv8quf_xM

A kid that considers himself as h4ck3r explains how to use the tracert command to see the IP of people visiting a site and the speed of their internet connection. Hilarious!

Caught this last week and after posting it on our forum we had about 20+ pages of replies in a few hours. Simply amazing to watch.

Now... the big question... is he serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    I would say it's a safe bet that he's serious, to a kid running tracert will look cool and interesting, heck it is cool

You think that as he knows to tracert google that he would maybe google what tracert actually did before making a video.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    Caught this last week and after posting it on our forum we had about 20+ pages of replies in a few hours. Simply amazing to watch.

haha he's definitely serious and probably considers it a major break thru.
    Doug
    Finance, Operations, and Business Executive

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    haha he's definitely serious and probably considers it a major break thru.
    I wonder what genius (I mean that really) thought of these insane things that were just believable enough to make the guy think that and broadcast it to the world.

It is sort of like all these high school and college students that know what I do coming to me when I am home saying 'can you teach me how to 'hack'?'

I should do some 'course' like this one day as a prank on everyone.

Oh come on, let's not laugh at him. I'm sure there's at least one person in this entire thread who thought the same when they first touched a computer.

Meh, sometimes it's just easier physically mining the passwords from someone by befriending them and studying up on their habits.

Quote Originally Posted by (Stephen) View Post
    I wonder what genius (I mean that really) thought of these insane things that were just believable enough to make the guy think that and broadcast it to the world.

It is sort of like all these high school and college students that know what I do coming to me when I am home saying 'can you teach me how to 'hack'?'

I should do some 'course' like this one day as a prank on everyone.
    Well, you could always ask them to bring their laptops, connect to the school's WiFi network you're on and pretty much breach their Windows or OSX security and read up on their hard drives. You'll need a small crew to share the work.

The good thing is that it does not matter whether he is serious or not. It is plain funny in both cases...

Sweet - according to the H4X0r tracert tool, I have as many site visitors as Google!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm View Post
    Sweet - according to the H4X0r tracert tool, I have as many site visitors as Google!
    Me too, I must be doing something right then

I am at a complete loss for words here...!!!
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Ummmm.... So many things come to mind...
    @The WHT Team - I guess WebHostingTalk is bigger then Google because it has 12 visitors on it... Maybe you should go public....

I wonder what would happen if he discovered the "ping" and "colon" (DOT DOT) command, he would be as dangerous as a stuffed teddy bear...

@All Parents - This is why you dont do drugs when having a baby...
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    Ummmm.... So many things come to mind...
    @The WHT Team - I guess WebHostingTalk is bigger then Google because it has 12 visitors on it... Maybe you should go public....

I wonder what would happen if he discovered the "ping" and "colon" (DOT DOT) command, he would be as dangerous as a stuffed teddy bear...

@All Parents - This is why you dont do drugs when having a baby...
    My thoughts exactly .

Why do all kids think they are hackers if they use a black screen with a blinky line?
    http://www.bitaccel.com/ - High resource vps hosting and vps resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by coreymanshack View Post
    My thoughts exactly .

Why do all kids think they are hackers if they use a black screen with a blinky line?
    I use the blinky line, am I a hacker? I think there are other qualifications like knowing what "grep" is...
    Keith I Myers

I use the blinky line, am I a hacker? I think there are other qualifications like knowing what "grep" is...
    Yea grep is a pretty awesome tool, not on windows though.... I'd think you'd at least know, or know some, of a high level language like C or Java.
    http://www.bitaccel.com/ - High resource vps hosting and vps resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by coreymanshack View Post
    Yea grep is a pretty awesome tool, not on windows though.... I'd think you'd at least know, or know some, of a high level language like C or Java.
    Does HTML Count?
    Keith I Myers

At least the USA can be proud of their hacker offspring. Go home China! The real pros are young americans!

Quote Originally Posted by Amitz View Post
    At least the USA can be proud of their hacker offspring. Go home China! The real pros are young americans!
    Hello,
    Upon speaking to the entire USA Population, we will not take credit for this one...
    Keith I Myers

Quote Originally Posted by Amitz View Post
    yes Amtrak you definitely have a point. I still wonder though how stupid that comment sounds above. Probably being an American I can't actually read.

I also wonder who is stupider the kid that made the video or the retarded kid thats spreading it. Some profound stuff, this ought to keep me up at night for days.

Quote Originally Posted by MziB View Post
    yes Amtrak you definitely have a point. I still wonder though how stupid that comment sounds above. Probably being an American I can't actually read.

I also wonder who is stupider the kid that made the video or the retarded kid thats spreading it. Some profound stuff, this ought to keep me up at night for days.
    Dear MziB,

for me, being a non-native english speaker, your comment sounds as if I hurt your feelings as American citizien with what I said. That was not my intention. Please apologize if I did so.

Kind regards!
    Amitz

Guys like these create problem for us when they grow up and become serious

Quote Originally Posted by VIPoint View Post
    Guys like these create problem for us when they grow up and become serious
    Yeh,
    When he grows up and learns a very dangerous programming language like HTML ... Maybe he can do it after his mom picks him up from little league.
    Keith I Myers

Bahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha, I started crying this was so funny. I like his name too! NextGenHacker101.

"10 people are currently using Google and looking at it". That sentence alone was worth it.
    http://www.rskeens.com
    A casual blog mainly about the web hosting industry

OMG,
    This guy should be banned from the internet alltogether, Look at his other great contrib...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MDQt...eature=channel

"I was supprised to learn that Limewire does not host the music, its ripped off of the internet" - DUDE ITS CALLED P2P, I cannot begin to think how many DMCA's LimeWire would actually get if it hosted the content. Then again BUY your music...

Keith I Myers

((snip)) Then again BUY your music...
    I have not found a single place on the net where you can buy music. I have seen tons of places that try to "license" you music or DRM laden music (that is not buying ..)

Please point to an online site that allows you to actually buy music

You could buy music from the store, but unless it's a single, you get tons of crap you dont want.
    1. Mmmmm food...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast