Question Backup Hosting providers?

Can anyone recommend to me a hosting solution that I can use for backups only, as in backups of all my other sites on my other hosts. Would need up to 25GB's space

Cheers

Take a look at BuyVM storage, i am not sure if they are in stock.
    Actually if you just wanna do backups, you can look at Dropbox and Godaddy Onlinefolder.

Quote Originally Posted by dearroy View Post
    Take a look at BuyVM storage, i am not sure if they are in stock.
    Actually if you just wanna do backups, you can look at Dropbox and Godaddy Onlinefolder.
    ... and Google and Linux. I think Linux is the most generous of them.
    New Websites Web Design. Hosting. Marketing.
    ♥ Personal Support
    Fast Servers
    ►Best Backlink Services

You can check out cloud storage as well for backups.
    eUKhost Ltd: eUK Web Hosting | eUK Dedicated Servers | eNlight Cloud Hosting
    "13 YEARS of Web Hosting Excellence"
    Fully Managed Service with 30 day money back guarantee on all our Services

Do you have a budget/range you are looking at and location preferences?

Amazon S3 is an option and you can always opt-in for S2 if you are looking to save few bucks. Also pretty flexible in terms of pricing and scaling as you need more space.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    Amazon S3 is an option and you can always opt-in for S2 if you are looking to save few bucks. Also pretty flexible in terms of pricing and scaling as you need more space.
    This is usually a good choice if you don't plan on restoring very often, but their $0.12/GB of outbound traffic can add up very quickly if you are planning on pulling your data on a regular basis.

Amazon also has Glacier, which has "vaults" for long-term storage (think more than 3 months), at $0.01/GB. The time to retrieve your data is much higher and they charge an early retrieval fee (I think it's that or early deletion). This may be worth considering if you don't plan on accessing the data for a long time.
    |███| SSD Nodes
    |███| Build more for far less with the best value in cloud hosting.
    |███| RAID 10 SSDs | 10Gbps NICs | Tier-1 backbone | Scale without downtime | 9 years in business
    |███| https://www.ssdnodes.com

Have you looked at kimsufi.com? They offer dedicated servers starting at £8.99 +VAT per month.

Do you use cPanel Control Panel...
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

Please have a look at http://www.xzbackup.com/.

I am actually looking for the same thing. I used r1soft some years ago, which back then perfectly integrated with the server and performed incremental backups on a daily basis to an off-site location. But Ive heard they have grown expensive and problematic over the years so I would actually recommend an alternative.

Let me ask you if your concern is only to save storage space on your current server, or is it also important for you to store the data in a secondary location in case something happens to the primary location?

Quote Originally Posted by quicktech View Post
    I am actually looking for the same thing. I used r1soft some years ago, which back then perfectly integrated with the server and performed incremental backups on a daily basis to an off-site location. But Ive heard they have grown expensive and problematic over the years so I would actually recommend an alternative.

Let me ask you if your concern is only to save storage space on your current server, or is it also important for you to store the data in a secondary location in case something happens to the primary location?
    R1Soft had a good period of issues when they launched 3.x from 2.x which was stable. The stability and other issues have since been resolved with their latest version currently out 5.0.2.
    Corey Arbogast | CEO
    █ 888-X10-9668, x703 - corey[@]x10hosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by BestServerSupport View Post
    Please have a look at http://www.xzbackup.com/.
    Do you have any experience with them?

How about bqbackup.com?

Quote Originally Posted by [x10]Corey View Post
    R1Soft had a good period of issues when they launched 3.x from 2.x which was stable. The stability and other issues have since been resolved with their latest version currently out 5.0.2.
    Do they also offer storage of the files, or only the software licenses? (in other words do the storage yourself).

Quote Originally Posted by quicktech View Post
    Do they also offer storage of the files, or only the software licenses? (in other words do the storage yourself).
    They do not offer storage directly, but there are providers offering backup space with the licenses included. Check out the backup offer section here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169
    Corey Arbogast | CEO
    █ 888-X10-9668, x703 - corey[@]x10hosting.com

Thanks alot for that, will have a look for sure.

xzbackup use Ahsay agents. They are ok but not the best for transfer speeds. I tested once and is working fine but did not go ahead due to others having problems.

Personally I didn't experience problems apart from the fact that they did not give access other than via the agent and you depend on them for any support issues. I need to control my backups fully!