Have an important question regarding windwos computers

Two windows computers, A & B. A has a printer with drivers installed. B has the printer attached but no drivers are installed.

Can we copy drivers from computer A and install those drivers on printer B?

If so how?

Thanks in advance!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/

Try using this to copy the drivers from Computer A. Save the drivers to a folder. Move this folder to Computer B or to a CD. When you update point to the folder or CD...it should scan for the drivers and update it. If it fails try searching on Google for the drivers.

Hi, thanks for the reply!

One more thing which files need to be copied for a driver? and also how do i identify my printer and which hardware files are there?

Do let me know thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ultimategp5 View Post

One more thing which files need to be copied for a driver? and also how do i identify my printer and which hardware files are there?

Do let me know thanks!
    What printer model is it? Instead of downloading tons of software and finding the driver name it would simply be easier to download them from the printer companies website.

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    What printer model is it? Instead of downloading tons of software and finding the driver name it would simply be easier to download them from the printer companies website.
    Well we need to know how to copy the driver rather then downloading it from the site.

Do let me know.

Well we need to know how to copy the driver rather then downloading it from the site.

Do let me know.
    The link the other user provided would be rather easy to do. But your question concerning which files are used we cannot answer without knowing what brand and model your printer is as it may vary.

Hi, thanks a lot for the reply!

Actually dont want to do it exact by the brand name actually need to know if windows knows which files are being used? And if so is there a way to get a list of all the files being used by a driver?

Do let me know thanks!

Run the driver back up tool by clicking on DrvBK.exe after unzipping. After a few seconds you will see a list of all the drivers. Try and identify the driver in that list (it should be under Printer / Devices or something indicated in blue letters....deselect others and back up this. If you cannot identify backup everything and copy to a CD

In Computer B go to *Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Device Manager .... expand all and locate printer . If the drivers missing it should be highlighted in yellow...right click and select update driver. Next you have to navigate to the cd (or the specific folder where the printer driver is located)...it will search the cd and if the driver is suitable it will be updated.

* note: I am using XP Pro
    Last edited by RajanUrs; 09-16-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Two windows computers, A & B. A has a printer with drivers installed. B has the printer attached but no drivers are installed.

Can we copy drivers from computer A and install those drivers on printer B?

If so how?

Thanks in advance!
    You can use 1 printer instead share the printer on the computer A via printer sharing features then installed the driver of the printer of computer A to B.

There are various programs such as DriverScanner which are making the drivers installation easier. They test our systems and automatically download and install the needed drivers.

which version of windows? the later versions have tons of printer drivers preinstalled. have you tried using the auto detect function? have you tried downloading a driver from the printer manufacturer's website?
    WINKY.NET
    Phone: 213-291-0558 Email: sales@winky.net
    VMware Partner, Public and Private Cloud, Los Angeles One Wilshire Colo
    SaaS Hosting, cPanel Servers, Resellers Welcome, 100% SLA