Thread: Apnic Questions

Apnic Questions

Hello,

We are running a web hosting business in Pakistan since 2009, we have around 250 ips at different data centers for vps client, as our European providers charge average of 2 euro per ip, we are looking to get our own ip block, can anyone guide me about following:

- Is the company registration required for apnic membership and ipv4 allocation?
    - Is the process easy?
    - What official documents are needed to get /23 block and apnic membership.
    - My business is not registered, if I registered my business today in Pakistan will I get membership and ips easily?

Thanks in Advance!

Have you contacted APNIC with your questions already ? I think they are the best people to answer your questions.
    Clouvider Limited; Leading USA & Europe Cloud Hosting Solution Provider
    Web hosting in Cloud | VPS servers in 8 Datacenters with Intel Xeon and AMD Epyc CPUs | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services
    100% Uptime Guarantee | Fully Redundant | 24/7 Technical Support

If your services are in Europe, you should look at RIPE?

Before anything you should register your business. I suspect you need to be a legal business to do business hehe

Well in my country Pakistan, company registration is not required for IT Based Companies as tax is exempted for us.

Well we are in Asia so our Apnic is the guys, before contacting them I wanted to know these details so I make sure I am well prepared before applying.

If you use the IP space in Europe (which is the sevice region of RIPE), you need to apply with RIPE, not APNIC.
    Your company's physical location is irrelevant in this matter

Quote Originally Posted by PNH-Madih View Post
    Well in my country Pakistan, company registration is not required for IT Based Companies as tax is exempted for us.

Well we are in Asia so our Apnic is the guys, before contacting them I wanted to know these details so I make sure I am well prepared before applying.

I am sorrybut that sounds very fishy. There would be no need to grant tax exemption if a company is not obbliged to register in the first place.
    Plus, how can you reserve a company name without registering? or copyright a logo? who you customers complain to if the company doesnt exist?

Ultimately you are not a company until you are registered as such.

Below is a link about the tax exemption to IT Companies and obviously you need to be a company to have access to the tax exemption.
    http://pakwired.com/taxation-for-it-...s-in-pakistan/
    Undefined Variable
    Contact your webmaster.

Sir in Pakistan there are opposite laws, there are laws which are old as 1947 at that time there was no internet so no law exists for IT Based or Software Houses. They have made some news laws but they are totally weak and buggy.

You can see the list of big software houses in Pakistan:
    http://www.ukessays.com/essays/busin...ness-essay.php

The name with (PVT) LTD are registered while rest are not or working as sole proprietorship, but majority are not registered.

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedXL View Post
    Your company's physical location is irrelevant in this matter
    Company physical location may not, but company registered address is definitely relevant.

As for the OP, like what others said, you will need to get your business registered, and then follow up by requesting resources from the respective Internet registrars (RIPE/APNIC/etc).

Once the registrar allocates the IP blocks, you will need to let the datacenter broadcast the range for you, and usually the minimal suffix would be a /24, which you may need to consolidate multiple locations into one if required.

APNIC needs justification on the immediate need of IPs for any ornganisation before it assigns IPV4 space to it. IPv4 space is very limited and allocations are done on deep scrutiny by APNIC these days. In your case, there are some issues which you need to sort before APNIC will approve your membership and give you the IPs.

1. You need to register your organisation as IP blocks are only assigned to organisations.
    2. You should check : http://www.apnic.net/services/apply-...ur-eligibility
    3. Key Points:
      • Organizations seeking their first IPv4 allocation must meet the minimum criteria. Organizations must:
      • Have used a /24 ('slash 24') from their upstream provider or can demonstrate an immediate need for a /24
      • Have complied with applicable policies in managing all address space previously allocated to it
      • Be able to demonstrate a detailed plan to use a /23 within a year
    4. I do not believe APNIC would assign you IPs to be used with your EU DCs. You would need to show them your network map and how you would use the IPs in your own country.
    5. Next would be costs. Did you check http://www.apnic.net/services/become...h-does-it-cost ? Initial Membership Fee is 2,425 AU$ which is around 1800 Euros plus the cost of IPs. Is this cost feasible for you ? If yes, then may be you should register your organisation and contact APNIC and see what they say.
    || Tecsys Solutions LLC | Outperforming the Performers!! ||
    || Outsourced Server Management and Technical Support Solutions ||
    || Now Offering Secure Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers specially setup for Hosting Providers ||
    || https://www.24x7TechnicalSupport.net || https://www.mxv.net ||

"Not Required" means If you want then you can register your business so first register your business and then you can purchase a IP Block.

Also don't forget that you need to pay Annual Membership fees
    €1,750, PI Fees, etc.
    DewlanceŪ Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller - US/UK/EU/FRK/CA - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    DemoTiger.com - Buy Demo Videos for your Hosting Company

Ahh Why There no need for business Registration So the money you are earning is black money

You need to register business and get Certificate from Pakistan software Export Board for Tax exemption

There is no tax exepmt in income tax you must pay income tax on salaries of your exploys and also you need to pay 1% Tax on every income you Earn from it business in Pakistan and this is also till June 2016,

Sir in Pakistan there are opposite laws, there are laws which are old as 1947 at that time there was no internet so no law exists for IT Based or Software Houses. They have made some news laws but they are totally weak and buggy.

You can see the list of big software houses in Pakistan:
    http://www.ukessays.com/essays/busin...ness-essay.php

The name with (PVT) LTD are registered while rest are not or working as sole proprietorship, but majority are not registered.
    No There is no Bogus Laws, Laws are There weather you are in small retail shop business or in it business laws are same for both sectors

There is no difference in business laws

The companies which have not pvt ltd are also registered companies in PSEB and other authorities

The companies which have not pvt ltd are also registered companies in PSEB and other authorities
    Sir again PESB registration does not mean the company is registered, PESB is software export board.

We are not software exporter, we are IT based business.
    Host Speech - Talk About Web Hosting, Design & Marketing

Website URL: http://www.hostspeech.com

Sir again PESB registration does not mean the company is registered, PESB is software export board.

I think that the important thing to retain here is that you canīt be exempt of a tax if you are not a registered business.

Itīs like being a person but never have born.

Anyhow, in order to make a contract for your business you first need to have a business, so yes,you need to register your business.
    Undefined Variable
    Contact your webmaster.

Apnic Questions

We recently registered in Pakistan, to do any sort of hosting business you'd have to register both with the SECP and PTA. Remember, you shouldn't be using APNIC IPs in Europe - they won't be too happy if they find out. We got approved after almost a month and a half of negotiations. Also, as mentioned before, you're committing tax fraud: you are only exempt if you register with the PSEB. Even hosting companies need to register to benefit from their policies.
    Last edited by FR-Ammar; 09-16-2014 at 04:05 PM.

PSEB is not only for IT companies who are outsourcing it is also for Call centers and IT businesses TO exempt Taxes and get ip white listed for VOIP and also there are some benifits but first you need to Register Your business as well before Registering in PSEB

Quote Originally Posted by ISNH View Post
    PSEB is not only for IT companies who are outsourcing it is also for Call centers and IT businesses TO exempt Taxes and get ip white listed for VOIP and also there are some benifits but first you need to Register Your business as well before Registering in PSEB

That's exactly right. The PTA won't be too happy if they find out what you're doing right now.

The discussion is already off-topic, but let me add one thing too regarding PSEB registration. It seems that PSEB has made its registration laws tighter and you need to be registered with SECP too in order to get registration for PSEB. In the past every Tom, Dick & Harry company could register with PSEB if they had an office address by just paying Rs.5000-7000 per year.

According to PSEB, following are required documents to apply for PSEB membership. The fee has also been increased to Rs. 10000:

1. Registration Form completed in all aspect
    2. Brief company profile on the company letterhead / printed corporate brochure
    3. Necessary Remittances in favor of PSEB (PO/DD only)
    4. Visiting Cards of key personnel (Optional)
    5. Business NTN Certificate
    6. CNIC of all Directors/Shareholders/Partners/Proprietor
    7. Photo Copy of Passport (for Directors/Shareholders/Partners/Proprietor with foreign nationality)
    8. Attested copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association including the copy Incorporation certificate. (For Companies only)
    9. Attested copy of the Partnership Deed, (In case of Partnership firm)
    10. Certificate of Registration, Registrar Office certified copy (for registered firm)
    11. Bank Statement of the preceding six months OR Bank Account Letter/Certificate (In case of new account). Only company/firm account with the name of company/firm is accepted.