For Goodness SAKE! register.com

This message is being broadcast accross the internet in the hope that someone from REGISTER.COM tech support might see it and even respond to it because they sure as heck don't respond to support tickets!!!

Right, it's been 60 hours since I asked register.com to please change the IP that my primary name server is registered under. Nothing.

Further, their control panel is crap. For some reason, from time to time some of my domains zone files just can't be administered from it. I've also had it screw up my name server records in the past as well!!!

Right now, for no sane reason, two of my domains cannot be edited through the control panel when they should be. Their zone files are being served from register.com name servers.

I have had to change all my IP numbers. These two domains are now marooned becaus I cannot and register.com will not change the IP numbers in the A records.

These domains are NOW NOT RESOLVING because the IP numbers are WRONG.

THANKS FOR THE HEADACHES REGISTER.COM. You are denying me the service I paid you for! You bunch of turkeys!

PS: I just spent 10 minutes listening to "hold music" at international dialing rates. I gave up on that one.
    Last edited by freakysid; 01-18-2002 at 08:12 PM.

If you would like to surf to:

www.scottish.as
    or
    www.confident.as

Too bad! You can't.

Thanks register.com

If anyone in the USA or Canada is feeling generous maybe you can call their toll free number 800 899 9724 and tell them that a very angry Australian would like them to look into tickets:

Originally posted by freakysid
    [clip]If anyone in the USA or Canada is feeling generous maybe you can call their toll free number 800 899 9724 and tell them that a very angry Australian would like them to look into tickets:

Sorry man. I called and sat on hold with some very bad music for 30 minutes. Then I gave up. I'll call again for you later.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

make sure there is not sites pointing to those old ip number or they can not change them just a heads up

Thanks airtime - I will check into that. That's one of the reasons I am trying to keep all my domains hosted on as few different services as possible and not spread them around - dns is a bloody nightmare.

thewitt, thank-you, that was very generous of you.

I got through in less than a minute. Your 1301181462 ticket is being put through now. The other one they're emailing you for confirmation right now.

Good luck.

alchiba - thanks so very much. Isn't it sad when so much effort has to be gone to over something so simple.

I have received emails asking me to confirm the changes, and have done so. Now I have received autoresponses to both these confirmation emails.

Well, lets hope it gets sorted soon. Thanks again for those of who tried to help: thewitt and alchiba

Man I am so pissed off it is not funny. I am pissed at:

1) Register.com who still have not changed the ip for ns1.neaturl.com! My whole www.neaturl.com service is down now! It's been over 72 hours since I made the request! Had they acted in a timely manner, ns1.neaturl.com would be resolving to the correct IP by now - now that ns2.neaturl.com is not reachable because its still on the old ip.

2) Pegasus Web Technology who gave me around 72 hours notice to try and effect what appears to require a mircacle and the intervention of a higher power to pull off!

Domain Name: NEATURL.COM

Created on..............: Tue, Jul 18, 2000
    Expires on..............: Thu, Jul 18, 2002
    Record last updated on..: Sat, Jan 19, 2002

Register.com did indeed make the change for you, but you still have that standard 72-hour propagation window to deal with. I don't think you should blame Pegasus because Register.com fell asleep at the switch.

Hmm, the whois I looked at was updated at 5am and the old ip was still showing.

Well, no register.com were completely useless over this I agree - but the 72 hours notice didn't help either. Pegasus have been quite helpful in helping me get things on my box set up for the change of IPs - to be fair. I guess I'm just pissed off in general. 72 hours is not enough time when you are dealing with dickheads like register.com

I had the same problem with register.com - wrong IP numbers. How did I fix the problem? I transferred the domain to directNIC - now the IP numbers are correct. Cheaper price too! :-))

I had exactly the same problem with them some time ago. Several tickets, calls, two faxes - it took them very, very long to change my nameservers.

I can assure you all that register.com HAVE NOT changed the IP number for NS1.NEATURL.COM !!!!!!!

The old IP number is 64.156.2.192

Thew new number should be 209.123.61.15

I am practically hysterical now - when, how, why can I get these turkeys to change the bloody IP number?????

Over 90 hours now. register.com have still not changed the IP.

Exclamation

Eh Freakysid,

I called them and I put on my speaker phone....nobody picked up that call.

I will try again...if you want. Just let me now.

I would appreciate it if you have the time/inclination to give them a call

I can't tell whether they did make the changes to the zone files for confident.as and scottish.as (ticket 1603181764)

But I am quite sure that they have not changed the IP for ns1.neaturl.com because that would be showing up in register.com's whois database if hey had.

Unbelievable isn't it

110 hours and counting.

Well, it only took 5 days for register.com to change the IP number for my registered nameserver NS1.NEATURL.COM My nameserver is pretty screwed up right now. It doesn't appear to be reachable and when I try to "dig" domains on it, I don't think the namserver is being found :-(

As for the other two domains being dns hosted on register.com's servers - they have not changed the IPs yet (what is this day six or seven?). Apparently they say I am not the administrative contact for the domains scottish.as and confident.as when I clearly am listed as the admin in AS-NICs records.

What a bunch of dickheads.

Nine days and counting. Still waiting for register.com to change the IP number in the A records for scottish.as and confident.as

I am hoping it will be sometime this year. The domains cost US$50 per year after all.