Thread: Hot Sauces

Hot Sauces

Man I love hot & spicy stuff. The hotter the better.
    I tried some 100% Pain sauce the other day and liked it so much I started looking to see where I could get it.

Instead, I just ordered the hottest stuff in the world

Its so hot, it comes with these...

Each 16 Million Capsaicin Crystals Kit includes the following:
    (1) 1.0ml. Sealed Vile containing PURE 16 Million Capsaicin Crystals
    (1) Aluminum Water Proof Carrying Vile Case (1.75" Tall x .5" Wide)
    (1) Pair of Soft Blue Chemical Resistant Nitrile, Laboratory Gloves (Non-Latex)
    (1) Pair of plastic Tweezer Forceps individually wrapped and packaged
    (1) Surgical Grade Face Mask (Non-Latex), Soft Comfort Fit.

Oh, you shouldn't have started this thread, because I'm liable to turn it into my own personal blog

I collect hot sauces, inasmuch as a collector can purchase and use his or her collection. At any given time, we have 30-40 bottles of hot sauce in our fridge or one of our two pantries.

I once traded some coding for a small vial of Capsicum Oleoresin from the chemical/experimental kitchens of the Culinary Institute of Canada. Depending on the "oleo" concentration, the SKU levels were between 10-16m, similar to those crystals.

I also keep powdered Naga Jolokia powder in a small waterproof keychain container, so I can make whatever I order at restaurants spicy to my tastes (they never get it right).

My latest love is Holy Jolokia sauce, which is considered an "outlaw" sauce, but it is quite flavorful and has a decent kick. At the moment, the open sauces in my fridge include Spontaneous Combustion, Z-Nothing Hotter, Magnum 357 (VERY hot sauce), Widow, Possible Side Effects (Blair's series), Holy Jolokia, Mad Cow, Swamp Scum (medium heat), Tabasco (low heat) and a bottle of Defcon Wing Sauce. I can't possibly name off everything in the pantry, but a few notables include a large vial of Satan's Blood and a bottle of Dave's Private Reserve from his 2001 release, still in its original box, sealed and numbered.

My wife understands she married an addict, and she puts up with my eccentricities
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    Man I love hot & spicy stuff. The hotter the better.
    I tried some 100% Pain sauce the other day and liked it so much I started looking to see where I could get it.

Instead, I just ordered the hottest stuff in the world

Its so hot, it comes with these...

Each 16 Million Capsaicin Crystals Kit includes the following:
    (1) 1.0ml. Sealed Vile containing PURE 16 Million Capsaicin Crystals
    (1) Aluminum Water Proof Carrying Vile Case (1.75" Tall x .5" Wide)
    (1) Pair of Soft Blue Chemical Resistant Nitrile, Laboratory Gloves (Non-Latex)
    (1) Pair of plastic Tweezer Forceps individually wrapped and packaged
    (1) Surgical Grade Face Mask (Non-Latex), Soft Comfort Fit.

I LOVE hot stuff! the hotter the better, this is definitely something I am going to order and try! No one in my family lets me cook Sunday dinners anymore because it was always too hot they would never eat it, so I always get asked to bring the dessert now!
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

I'm going to melt down some velvetta, throw in some sauce, and add just one of these crystals to see how it goes. I'm gonna have some fun too. I'm going to drop one crystal in a fire ant pile too. They make such good test subjects lol

If you need gloves to handle the stuff, imagine what its doing to your insides! Good Luck! haha

Quote Originally Posted by host4sale2010 View Post
    If you need gloves to handle the stuff, imagine what its doing to your insides! Good Luck! haha
    hmm... never thought of that.. kinda scary!
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

I love hot sauces, I sometimes just cook my rice or what ever im going to eat and dip it in a bucket of some red devil hot sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm View Post
    I also keep powdered Naga Jolokia powder in a small waterproof keychain container, so I can make whatever I order at restaurants spicy to my tastes (they never get it right).

It's kinda embarrassing though. I put hot chili sauce in a small container when I eat at foodcourts, but of-course not to fancier restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm View Post
    My latest love is Holy Jolokia sauce, which is considered an "outlaw" sauce, but it is quite flavorful and has a decent kick.

My wife understands she married an addict, and she puts up with my eccentricities
    I LOVE THIS. It is not the hottest stuff ever, but the flavor is impressive.

My source for it is the Houston Airport Yes, really the houston airport!
    (IAH not Houston Hobby)

You can get it at the C South side, I believe across from the upper 20 gates...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2729/...379d434db8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    I'm going to melt down some velvetta, throw in some sauce, and add just one of these crystals to see how it goes. I'm gonna have some fun too. I'm going to drop one crystal in a fire ant pile too. They make such good test subjects lol
    Velveeta? yuck, man at least get some real cheese to combine it with. I recommend farm fresh cheese from Stephenville, TX

Quote Originally Posted by (Stephen) View Post
    Velveeta? yuck, man at least get some real cheese to combine it with. I recommend farm fresh cheese from Stephenville, TX
    Cuz I spend too much on hot stuff to be able to afford real cheese lol

I mainly love spicy stuff. I would even love to order this sauce

I have a bottle of blairs 3am reserve, when I made chili for the third shift guys I had 2 flavors one with jalapenos but not much else, then one with jalapenos, harbaneros and 3 tsp of blairs...my friend was not prepared despite my warnings that it was going to be hotter than most anything else he's ever ran into. But boy did that chili rock!

I love hot sauces/salsa's/food also.. but man, PURE capsaicin, you're insane! I grow jalapeno, tabasco, and habanero, but I draw the line at habs.. might be stupid enough to try a ghost chili one day.

As for hot sauces, I always get a ton of Del Scorcho from del taco, but it's not very hot, I just like the taste.
    Blesta - The Billing Platform for Hosting Providers
    Client Management, Billing, & Support Software
    Trial - Demo | 714-923-7325 | Twitter @blesta

I spent some time at the store looking for the really hot stuff and did not find any, I may just have to start my on hot reserve on a shelf here

I love hot as well! But once it takes away the taste of the food itself, then it's too much lol. Or am I just being soft? lol

i heard about this stuff... i love hot sauce, but a hot sauce that is deadly, or just way to hot to enjoy is not my style.

and i can eat jalapenos like nobodies business

I have 12 varieties of new hot sauces since this thread started, and some I love so much I have 2-3 bottles (not counting dupes in the 12)