* Terrible Service from VPS.net

I moved a client to VPS.net when their site became too popular for the shared resources on my reseller account elsewhere and since the move there has been nothing but trouble.

For a cloud service that is supposed to provide better uptime than a shared hosting environment, the site has been down (or the server load so high that no database connections can be made, so the site unusable) for about 3 or 4 days in total over the last 6 weeks.

Yes we got a small refund for the first period of downtime, but nothing has changed and it is happening again - with the client's site pretty much unavailable for the entirety of today.

I can't even login to cPanel to make a backup to move the site elsewhere.

Very disappointed.

HI
    Please could you PM me your ticket number and I can have a look into this for you
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

PM sent - thanks for looking into this, I'm at the end of my tether.

Ah, so this is the story with VPS.net. I have not been on this Panel for some time because I was so concerned about the latest migration of my current web host. Just when I thought I was finally ready to pull all the elements of the automated web host sales site together, my Reseller host does this massiver migration!

First my Valentine's Special is almost useless, and now I can not take advantage of President's day. I thought it was unheard of for a host to be "down" for days on end,.. and now a full week????

I have no idea what happened, but that kind of downtime is just ridiculous.

I've now moved my client's site elsewhere and are trying to get a refund (which admittedly VPS.net are being helpful with).

I really wanted to like them, but that length of downtime is completely unworkable.

Quote Originally Posted by masm50 View Post
    I moved a client to VPS.net when their site became too popular for the shared resources on my reseller account elsewhere
    Big mistake! im a former client of vps.net (2 times), you just need to search around on wht, they actually give a bad name to the whole cloud hosting thing (ie cloud hosting is still not a very defined concept), their performance overall is pretty lousy and should not be used for anything remotely important, its a shame cause the idea was good, but the implementation still to this day (5 years and counting) is a bit of a wreck... lets hope they do a mediatemple do-over and eventually turn their cloud hosting around!
    ^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )

I was thinking buying from them like couple hours ago, from reading this I don't know if I do want to move into them or not.

One year with www.vps.net and a lot of downtime ... and finally they lost all my data. 3 months with liquidweb and 0 downtime.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1102477
    Last edited by xonas; 02-21-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: edit link

I was considering VPS.net when i started looking for cloud hosting providers, it was several months ago, now i see their status and they are STILL having severe NAS problems.

Why?

If this is UK2 group, why don't UK2 cloud VPS have the same problems?

Quote Originally Posted by swedish View Post
    I was considering VPS.net when i started looking for cloud hosting providers, it was several months ago, now i see their status and they are STILL having severe NAS problems.

Why?

If this is UK2 group, why don't UK2 cloud VPS have the same problems?
    is the problem, still their NAS?
    <<please see forum rules for signature formatting guidelines>>

Sorry, i ment SAN not NAS, still but yeah, still storage issues.

http://status.vps.net/