Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dot 5 Once Again

Look at this cool new message I got from DOT5HOSTING.com

We regret to infrom you that due to an error on the part of our service provider, all of your data has been lost. We are addressing this issue by re-creating your site on a server in a datacenter that we control. Our current service provider has at this time lost our business and will never touch your server again. We are offering you a free months hosting on your account to compensate for this loss. There is no data that we are able to recover. We will need your domain name, a password to set for you account, and what you want the admin name to be. We will re-create your site as soon as possible, please bear with us as we move your site to a server where this will never happen again.

Im honestly sick of these guys, have had to put up with so much (not allowed to say hit here) ******** . I have had so many problems with them, it is unheard of its only been about three weeks. I am starting to give up on the webhosting industry, period. I can not find any sort of host I can rely on. Dedicated servers are just too much for my needs, and too costly.

Can someone reccommend a good quality host I can stick with for atleast a 3 month period. This is rediculous.

Got the same message... trying to close my account now on ns3. I've been with * lunarpages.com * for about a month now and perfect so far... great service. I'd recommend opening up an account and trying them out for the first month, they have the standard 30-day refund thing. They are very well respected on WHT and other reiew sites.

I am trying to get my money back as well, and they are being difficult to deal with. What "CINDY" does not understand is that she has lost me as a customer, I no longer want their service, and she is trying to tell me in spite of this data loss, they will give me free hosting. What good is their hosting if my site is not up? That techically isnt hosting then if my website doesnt not exist. I just want my money back and to get out of there.

I will take a look at lunarpages, thanks

how long have you had the ns3 account? I'm over 2 months so they technically can't give me any money back, althrough any decent company should at least offer a partial refund...

Don't they do backups, from the sound of what they are asking you for they have no idea who you are, what your domain or username is nor any type of records at all.

OKIHost, that is a negative on backups... I don't think they do that at dot5.

Regarding the support folks, Cindy has no clue. I asked for my account to be deleted, and after hefty bargaining, she agreed to terminate my account. Didn't ask me for any identification whatsoever. I just told her my domain name...

Its been taking her over 20 minutes to delete the account... hmmm...

I dont know man--

supposedly they are the "coolest hippest" host around, who do really well for themselves. Might I add offer excellent and superb solutions...service.....and support!

I ask myself, how could this be any worse. Plain and simple, it can't. The thing that really frosts me is that I have been with them for about three weeks now, and this is not the only problem I have had with them. I've had to go through numerous down times, and problems on their side.

Agreed the serge,

It is as Cindy does not hear me correctly, I dont want to bargain, I want to no longer be a customer.

Re: Dot 5 Once Again

Originally posted by sanjuancap

We regret to infrom you that due to an error on the part of our service provider, all of your data has been lost. We are addressing this issue by re-creating your site on a server in a datacenter that we control. Our current service provider has at this time lost our business and will never touch your server again. We are offering you a free months hosting on your account to compensate for this loss. There is no data that we are able to recover. We will need your domain name, a password to set for you account, and what you want the admin name to be. We will re-create your site as soon as possible, please bear with us as we move your site to a server where this will never happen again.

Aren't they at EV1Servers.net ????
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

Yep, I think they are. Are EV1Servers.net highly regarded?

Check this out:

you: Please close the cannerwebster.com account on ns3. I can offer account password and email if you need it.
    Tech: I am closing your account as per your request.
    *15 minutes pass*
    you: any luck?
    Tech: Please allow me some time.
    *10 more minutes*
    you: I'm sorry, how long is this going to take?
    Tech: We can offer you a free six month hosting

hmmmmm.....

they use EV1 network I believe.

What should we do, this is plain out rediculous

Start finding a new host. Maybe?
    intellec

I have had so many problems with them, it is unheard of its only been about three weeks. I am starting to give up on the webhosting industry, period. I can not find any sort of host I can rely on.
    There has been controversy of one sort or another surrounding Dot5 for sometime now. If you have only been with them for 3 weeks, then either this all comes as news to you or you thought you'd take the chance anyway when you signed up.

Broaden you search, and do some homework on your potential candidates. But don't write off an industry for the sake of one bad situation or provider.

Cheers

Gary

This is like the 4th host ive tried....

I said i was open to suggestions.

My previous post was toward me getting my money back. I dont want to just "give" them my money. Im entitled to my money back guarantee, so I better get it.

Gary- too right

intellec, I got a new host... just can't seem to close the dot5 account. I was told that removing my credit card data is not possible (???), and I really don't want to be surprised by a $70 charge in 9 months. The tech people seem incapable of closing my account. Is this a difficult procedure with ensim? Anyone know? Or its more complicated than a GUI procedure?

"We regret to infrom you that due to an error on the part of our ...... There is no data that we are able to recover...."
    Though is the user's "responsilbility"(or wise move) to back their own data...it is such happenings that kill a host's business....

"There is no data that we are able to recover" !!Scary!!

Good thing I have a copy on my computer right....

I doubt they left EV1, just words to encourage the customers who lost data that things will be better if they stay.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by theserge
    intellec, I got a new host... just can't seem to close the dot5 account. I was told that removing my credit card data is not possible (???), and I really don't want to be surprised by a $70 charge in 9 months. The tech people seem incapable of closing my account. Is this a difficult procedure with ensim? Anyone know? Or its more complicated than a GUI procedure?
    Have credit card company reissue with new number and expiry date.
    intellec

I doubt EV1 was at all responsible for what happened. I was told 2 days prior that the problem with ns3 was that a user gained root access and steps were being taken to prevent such occurences from happening again... a day before that I was told that ns3 was just down for regular maintenance (patches and such).

It has been taking me about two hours to close my account ...

Re: Re: Dot 5 Once Again

Originally posted by intellec
    Aren't they at EV1Servers.net ????
    Maybe not for their new servers.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

. . . I said i was open to suggestions . . .
    Pair.com, FutureQuest.net and HostMatters.com, are all VERY stable and reliable hosting providers. Just don't expect the same low pricing as dot5.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    I doubt they left EV1, just words to encourage the customers who lost data that things will be better if they stay.
    Is this based on any evidence or is this just heresay? If the customers find they are on a server still in Rackshack I urge them to post
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast