business name and web design related question

So recently there has been a discussion regarding the business name of a company. After reading through the thread, I have come to the conclusion that i will be going with attaching +host or +web or +network into my business name; simply because even though it may not stand out as much i personally believe that branding a company with one of those words will clearly emphasize what my business is. This was not an easy decision, and i obviously do not know if its the correct one. However, even though i chose to go that path, my business name is still short, catchy and easy to remember. though the name has absolutely nothing to do with hosting, which i guess may be a good or bad thing because even though its a generic word, its easy to remember which probably will make a good impression.

Secondly, my design for the hosting website is not one of those generic sites with some random server image and a lady with a headset around her head smiling at you, rather, its more playful with vibrant colors and illustrated art. i'm trying to do this because i want to have a more friendlier design. not quite sure if its a good idea.

how do other people feel about this?

I think you have the right idea, the more unique/different you can be, the more success you will have. If I may ask, what will the new name of your company be?
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

I don't know about adding things to your name, it may help seo. What's your name?

Hello,

I'm certain that you have made the right decision in terms of your domain name and website design because you have put allot of thought into it.

I started off with ----hosting.com domain name but decided to change it to a single unique, short name and haven't regret making that decision. The only valid reason for choosing a domain name with a keyword in (in this case hosting, host) would be:

1) for the added benefit when it comes to SEO. However, since web hosting is such a saturated market the chance of any success in Google is very slim. Also while having a keyword in your domain name is good for SEO it's still possible to rank high with a brandable domain.

2) to make it clear that your selling hosting services. However, your visitors should see this by your advertisements and instantly when they visit your website.

The biggest problem I found with using a ---hosting.com domain was when I wanted to offer other services other than hosting. This is what eventually made me change to another domain name.

--

As far as your website goes it's always better to be unique. I think many ignore just how important good web design is. Sure, it doesn't have anything to do with how good a service is but it will give your visitors confidence in your services.

Whether you decide to add servers to your website or not should depend on your target audience. If you're targeting beginners pictures of servers may not be a good idea. However, if you're targeting those who are experienced with web hosting a picture of a server is an easy way to to make it clear that you sell web hosting services.

Regards,
    Jack
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

Finding domain names related to hosting is very difficult.
    Not if you just want to add "hosting" to your first name.