Thread: new to hosting

* new to hosting

hello,

i am a new guy to server stuff, so just wonder is there any up coming event or show related to hosting in toronto? because I want to hear more information and get some short survey from hosting company. Just want to know what hosting firm need from the server system and what do they concern mostly. I hope you guys can help me a bit, thanks.
    Henry

There's no upcoming hosting related 'shows' in Toronto anytime soon I'm afraid.
    I'm hoping to try to arrange another small get-TOgether though for WHT members one of these days.

The last one was fun

oh man, this is a big city, but not much biz events here. too bad (my red light is on suddenly) Seem i have to startover all my planning again. because I am a sales guy for server selling company. and I do not have much information on my hand, it is pretty hard for me to start from stretch. any suggestion?
    Henry

Well, my first recommendation would be to fix the errors on your site:
    http://www.jhpservers.com/menu/Leasing_To_Buy_Service

thank you, let me report it to my IT guy.
    Henry

Hopefully we'll see HostingCon move outside the states sooner or later. It's very peculiar for a global service conference to be stuck in one or two cities. Toronto, for me, is the best place in North America for a conference of any decent size. Hotels galore, international airport, lots to do. Heck, Montreal would be great, Halifax too (if it's good enough for two presidents, it's good enough for me ).

Unfortunately, it appears HostingCon is going to remain a US based conference for the time being.

Simon

Believe me, we'd love to do more than one HostingCon per year and have one or more in countries outside the US. Unfortunately, we have to be realistic from a business standpoint and make sure that the demand for attendance is there. In addition, a lot of the exhibitors who sell products and services to hosted services companies are small and it would be hard for them to exhibit at more than one HostingCon per year. We have to make sure we also have enough relevant exhibitors to do more than one show.
    George A. Roberts IV ~ President & CEO, Purity Networks

Powerful, easy to use antispam services