Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Pwebtech, real 24*7 support??

My managed server from them is now down for 2hours +. Emergency email sent - no response. I'm annoyed because I paid good money for the server that's supposed to be monitored by REAL HUMANS 24*7. I even paid more for the server monitoring software too. It's not a cheap server compared to most of the offers out there these days. I went with them because I was looking for extreme uptime and reliability.

IMO, it's obvious that I was duped about them providing real 24*7 support.

Sorry, I'm just venting somewhat.

did you call their tech support number?

UPDATE -

NAC rebooted the box but there were still apache issues. Jason was contacted by the datacenter and fixed the problem. All fine now.

I have been fairly delighted with them as a supplier so far. There were some delays in getting the box online and the welcome email was a bit sparce to say the least, but they have been acceptable as a supplier. This is the first incident with the server to date.

I hope we can learn from this issue and move forward. I have plans for another server from them very soon, so was frustrated with this incident as it looked like it meant I would need to source another supplier.

Sorry if I was ranting and venting before. I am still very pleased that I chose them as a supplier and still recommend them.

But you were ranting

And you come to a public forum before giving them a real chance. If you think you can find any host where there will never be a problem such as the one you described, then you have fantasy expectations.

I just don't understand the continued insistence to use this board as a support forum/place to rant prematurely. Do you really gain by doing something designed to damage the reputation of your host?

well..

he said he told them it was "down"

maybe they just rebooted it
    when he really meant as in websites are not working

i dunno

a lot of people out there just dont understand how certain things work, so they scream my server is down when really apache isnt up

and also, if it was managed, i would assume that maybe they have some sort of monitoring for the server?? incog, they let the server be down for 2 days.. what does that tell u?

Days? I don't see that mentioned anywhere....
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    Superior service. Sensible price.

Annette

I mean what does that mean.

---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

You need it spelled out?

deslove:

now down for 2hours +.
    clocker:

incog, they let the server be down for 2 days.. what does that tell u?
    me:

There's enough bad news in this forum without people misreading and making things worse than they might be.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.

I hope we can learn from this issue and move forward.
    Yeah, like give your host some time before you go public with the issue. While they do not have 24/7 on site *employed* techs, they do have 24/7 support by use of NAC.

rude

U know annette

It was a simple question. U dont have to be totally rude and ignorant.

Get some class. U arent better then anyone else here, because u add to it with rude ignorant responses to a simple question.

Joe
    ---------------------

Re: rude

Originally posted by JBIZ718
    U know annette

It was a simple question. U dont have to be totally rude and ignorant.

Get some class. U arent better then anyone else here, because u add to it with rude ignorant responses to a simple question.

Joe

Joe, why don't you troll someone else for a change?
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.

joe

Joe is kinda short, but he doesnt really look like a troll. Sweet Rica (Spelling??) Im told finds him very sexy, who knows maybe you would too.
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

I doubt it. I know your post was meant at least partially in jest, referencing physical appearance. But, he seems to do this every time I happen to post over here, and he does the same thing to other people as well so it isn't as if this is isolated behavior. No matter. vB has the handy ignore feature in the options that blocks out his posts so I won't have to see him working through whatever issues he appears to have.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.

I doubt it.
    You never know. Charles won't admit it, but he sent me a few PMs. He said even he finds Joe sexy!

Originally posted by UmBillyCord

You never know. Charles won't admit it, but he sent me a few PMs. He said even he finds Joe sexy!
    Don't you remember the last time you inserted humor?

Something about some mod_gzip2 I believe. . . . .

[Edit]

hmmm . . . . maybe it's not supposed to be humorous

But this is.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Ooooh, I feel a threadlock coming on. . .

damn

Damn you got me, why do you think i went to chicago a couple of months ago......
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

woops
    my bad

I thought it said days
    when i read that post i just woke up, so..

disregard everything in said

if its hours, in that case. i agree with umbillycord
    and i also agree with joe

annette

Im sorry annette not everyone is in ur sick twisted world of interpretation.

I also didnt know u had the power to see what I was thinkin. must be out of a comic book or something.

Would u ever have thought that maybe just maybe i was up early and was skimming through the post and missed that. So because i didnt understand ur comment i asked what does that mean. There is nothing wrong with asking questions. It was a simple question, and yet because u are so rude u came back with a ignorant comment. U could have just explained it and been polite, yet somehow u had to be a smart ass. So to me if u want to know why i dont like u its because of that. The world is not out to get u.

There was nothing trolling about it, u take things out of context to some how make sense in ur sick world. Its ok to be nice once and awhile. I know this might kill u but it is ok. If u want me to respect u, try answering a simple question somewhat polite and u will see me not right a thesis on why your a ignorant person.

charles u could be loosing it...
    Joe
    ---------------------

Originally posted by alchiba
    Ooooh, I feel a threadlock coming on. . .
    NOW would be a good time.

SoftWareRevue, annette has a right to reply too...

Originally posted by rally
    SoftWareRevue, annette has a right to reply too...
    I'm not referring to Annette.
    Her posts do not seem rude.
    But what does the way Joe feel about Annette have to do with Pwebtech's support?

Yes rob, we do offer 24/7 Emergency support, which you witnessed, you had a person to call and get in touch which whom was able to get a hold of an admin to fix your problems. From the time you called the NOC to the time your server was fixed was 10min max, from what i can recall. The server itself was ot really server down but a messed up apache config as a result of a cpanel bug or three.
    Jay

Thanks, guys, for the support (public and private). But since I'm not seeing any of Joe's posts any longer, I won't be replying to them. Saves a lot of time.

clocker, my question and comment was not meant to offend you - mistakes happen, and that's the way of the world. I thought maybe you had seen something (maybe an edited version of what I saw) that had some longer time period in it. Unfortunately, someone had to butt in, apparently without reading anything up to that point very carefully.

As it stands (and on topic) we have had to call the NOC at 3 AM, and there has never been a time we couldn't get someone on the phone for a reboot or drag one of the Pegasus people out of bed for something when the need was dire. That dire need has only happened once. The rest of the "emergency" type situations were reboots only.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast