Question Mono x Apache ASP at cPanel

What should be better ideal I install, or is better I install booth?

Both are not really good solutions for ASP, if you want any real ASP I would suggest looking at another operating system. I have played around with chilisoft asp and mod_asp and was not impressed with either. They offer limited functionality and many ASP pages will not work (unless they have done some major upgrades in the past couple of months).

So, what is better I choose?

Originally posted by BarreTo
    So, what is better I choose?
    windoze.

seriously....MS made ASP. any other company that implements it is either cloning MS's version (and more often than not, doing a poor job of it), or going off on their own and making a less-than-compatible product.

If you're just looking for a way to do a simple little ASP'ish application, then just about anything will do. But if you have real working applications you need to support, you might just want to put them on a windoze server.

(note: this message was not paid for by microsoft. i don't even like iis. but it does do asp well.)

O know that Windows is better for ASP, but our customers can like run small ASP scripts.

Apache ASP or Mono?

Originally posted by BarreTo
    O know that Windows is better for ASP, but our customers can like run small ASP scripts.

Apache ASP or Mono?
    As i mentioned, for piddly little stuff, any ASP stuff will do. But mono, being a whole .net workalike (and not just ASP), seems a bit overblown to be using for somebody's guestbook.