Ninside.com For Sale

Seeing as my last thread wasn't very successful, I thought I'd create a new thread about the sale.

I am Nathan Williams, and am the webmaster and owner of a Nintendo gaming website called Ninside; the URL is www.ninside.com . Ninside focuses on the Next Generation consoles (ie Gamecube GBA, DS) and provides reviews, previews, videos, screenshots, news, and more about all recent games.

Ninside concentrates on Gamecube and GBA at the moment, but was considering opening a Retro section, where we'd review classic games from popular consoles like the NES, SNES, but unfortunatly this never opened, because I didn't have the time. Which brings us to the reason for why I am selling Ninside. The reason behind the sale, is that I really don't have much time any more, due to work, etc... so instead of allowing Ninside to die off, I'd rather sell it to someone who could put it to some sort of use.

Most people would want to know how the content is placed on the pages. Well unfortunatly we have not got a CMS installed on the website, this is due to them not being able to do what we wanted to do, and at the time couldnt afford a custom CMS, so instead I decided to use a simple PHP Include statement on the page, so that now all I have to do is enter the content and any relevant HTML into a text file upload the file, and then I can view it in the place I put the Include statement, simple enough.

You also probably want to know about the income / revenue that Ninside recieves each month. Well we recieve a little money from ads which are posted on the website, but most of our money comes from the FREE games we recieve from publishers to review. Once they have sent you the game, and you have reviewed it, you can do what you like, so I usually sell the games to make some money for Ninside. A popular question to ask is how and why we recieve free games from publishers. Well simple, the publishers usually send you the free game about aweek before it is released to the public, and you get a week to review it, so when you do review it, people will read the review, and decide whether they want to buy the game or not, so for giving one game free to a site, could result in them having 30 sales.

Statistically Ninside is doing pretty well considering its age (only around 4 months). We recieve around 1,500+ unique hits per month, which is pretty good for such a young site.

Ninside doesnt have that many staff members as you can see. But we do have some visitors wanting to become staff members, I think I have three applicants waiting for me to email them back, which is good. The more staff the more content

Running costs are kept to a minimum, the only money we need to pay out is for the hosting at the moment, and that is only £5 / Month ($9.14 / month), our domain doesnt expire until Feb 2006. So no need to be saving for that quite yet

You probably want to know what you actually get if you were to buy ninside, well basically whatever you see on the website is what you get, and you get the domain name.

And also a site called Lik-Sang.com has offered to sponsor Ninside, they can offer a few things to the website, and heres what they said they can offer:
    - Competition on your website with prizes like import games
    - Sending you free samples for reviews on your site
    - Some hot free giveaways (like Counter Strike Strap)
    - Discount Codes for your site (linked to you, you even get commission)
    - Personal 10% discount for all your own orders
    - Sponsorships are usually continued throughout the year

So all that is good, and could help fund the website.

I have received a bid of $220 so far, so I guess i'll start the biding at $220. The auction will end Friday 27th August 2004, so get bidding

Thanks for taking interest and reading through this post.

Someone has just bidded $400