Thread: How long!?

How long!?

Something went wrong with our cpanel external license which was with hostany.com and now we switched to RS internal... been waiting couple hours... am I being unrealistic or is this supposed to be rather quick?

Right now my customers get a "Invalid License File" Page which is very unattractive.

Q: I have a CPanel license but when I login it says 'Invalid Lisc File'. What's wrong?

A: There are a couple of possibilities. The date on your server could be improperly synced, your main ip could have changed, or your files could have been corrupted.

First, try to resync your server's date:

#rdate -s rdate.darkorb.net

If that does not work, try to update your CPanel license file:

#/usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt

If these do not work contact your distributor so they can update your license
    Why do they call them fingers? I never seen them fing. Oh, there they go.

We've done it all... according to cpanel, we'd been paying for our license for months and it expired on Jan. 4th of this year... real odd situation...

Anyways, still waiting... is this RS or cpanel I'm waiting on...?

http://layer1.cpanel.net/verify/ enter the ip and see if the result is rackshack or your old provider hostany. If its listed rackshack then you're waiting for cpanel to sync up, if hostany is listed then you're waiting for rackshack.

207.44.144.8 using package POWERSURGE-EXTERNAL is licensed though: PowerSurge (active on: 2002-09-25 07:39:19, group: PowerSurge) and is expired/deactived by chris@cpanel.net on 2003-01-04 11:50:45.

3spades... thanks for the help so far...

You should send them an email asking them for a test license which is good for 15 days if you think the switching process is going to take too long.

Ok, because I've been waiting days and customers are at the end of their rope... and myself also.

Test License would get me back online quick?

The test license is a regular license but limited to 15 days. It should sync up quick and within those 15 days I would contact rackshack about the license you're paying for.

Thanks a ton! Calling them now.

WE'RE STILL WAITING. GETTING SICK OF BOTH OF THESE GOD DAMN COMPANIES... COMPLETELY USELESS WITH THE SUPPORT.

Talk to DanielP here at WHT..

His company is www.effectonline.com
    He might be able to help ya get a license sorted..

Will do! I honestly don't understand how something like this could take 4 damn days. I honestly can't remember the last time I was this mad and the sad thing is, either company could give a ****.

Thanks for the tip Pro.

Originally posted by Mekhu
    Will do! I honestly don't understand how something like this could take 4 damn days. I honestly can't remember the last time I was this mad and the sad thing is, either company could give a ****.

Thanks for the tip Pro.

I completely hear ya..

Now I'm not sure if Daniel can help ya, because the IP could be frozen for some reason, that might explain why RS hasn't bound to your IP yet.. But he can tell you for sure..

Finally some progress!

The license is now over to the RS internal... seems RS submitted the cpanel trouble ticket to the wrong address and no one saw it for a couple days... how cute.

Anyways, I am a little calmer now... just want to see it working.